Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old planning / Irish water

Options
  • 27-04-2018 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am currently renovating an old cottage , it had no mains or tank so septic tank in just need water connection ... at the time of planning I paid for water and was asked to select a contractor to connect and received a letter from the council granting me permission to connect .

My Question is that still binding or am I now expected to pay for water connection twice with Irish water?

Planning is 2011, so it’s under old planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

That's a long time to have passed. Why have you waited this long? It may well be the case that the funds are not recoverable and I highly doubt IW are bound to the agreement from 7 years ago on an old planning application.

In my opinion, the best you could hope for is a refund as the works were never carried out. The reasons for the long delay are important.

Advertisement