Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Try_harder wrote: »
    You do remember early on when he admitted to cheating in every relationship- thats why she's insecure about him

And you do remember him telling her that he loved her and wanted to stay with her.

He can't win really can he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    And you do remember him telling her that he loved her and wanted to stay with her.

He can't win really can he?

Actions, my friend, speak louder than words.

I think he's more into Danny than Dani anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Actions, my friend, speak louder than words.

Correct.
    He's done nothing wrong to her.
    She's acting likes he's cheated on her.
    Pathetic really from a so called adult.

Correct.
    He's done nothing wrong to her.
    She's acting likes he's cheated on her.
    Pathetic really from a so called adult.

He has admitted being unfaithful in every relationship he has had.

Thems some actions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I want nobody to win this year. I am anybody but Jack and Dani but I will give them 3 months outside the villa.

Thems some actions

He was honest about it, but gets no credit for honesty.
    He says he loves her, like no one he has ever been with before.
    She knew all of this before tonight but still throws it back in his face that he might cheat on her in the future, insecure, juvenile and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Thems some actions

I have yet to watch the episode but regarding the bit here.

Realistically all he can do is say his feelings and prove them to her. So far he has done that. People always go on about forgive people for their past and judge them on their present if they are aiming to change.

If Dani can't let that go then end the relationship. Not fair on him to keep going along with him but bringing that back up in arguments.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Eoghan McDermott...

*switches off*

I was like you. Couldn't stand him and at first for Love Island Australia I didn't think I could stomach it just due to him.

First episode or two I was still kind of feeling like that but he grew on me big time. Actually enjoyed him more than Stirlng. He's also become a huge hit with the Aussie fans.

MOOONN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You do remember early on when he admitted to cheating in every relationship- thats why she's insecure about him

He clarified that one of them was when he was young and the other was tit for tat cheating, his partner started it, but he said it was a dead relationship.

"All, I've only had fcking two prper girlfriends is what he said".
    If you're looking for a source of insecurity, try closer to home. HINT he's on a poster on Jack's wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

One comment on last nights ep...…..I thought the whole Dani/Jack fallout was yet the latest producer manipulation so that they can have a big reconciliation a few days later & go on to win the show. Fact.

buswankers wrote: »
    One comment on last nights ep...…..I thought the whole Dani/Jack fallout was yet the latest producer manipulation so that they can have a big reconciliation a few days later & go on to win the show. Fact.

Yeah I've really fallen out of love with this whole program. That entire episode was based on pure nonsense lie detector trying to create more rifts. That's all this is over and over. I'd love to see the uncut version of their fight. It looked to us that Jack lost the head on the drop of a pin but I seriously doubt that was the case. I'm looking forward to this ending for some closure and I won't be coming back next year.

Yeah I've really fallen out of love with this whole program. That entire episode was based on pure nonsense lie detector trying to create more rifts. That's all this is over and over. I'd love to see the uncut version of their fight. It looked to us that Jack lost the head on the drop of a pin but I seriously doubt that was the case. I'm looking forward to this ending for some closure and I won't be coming back next year.

I didn't watch the first season but have watched the second and third and this season smacks of serious producer manipulation. It's been said before that as they contestants know that it's a stepping stone to fame (well Z list fame) that's what their there for & the producers need to do something to keep the viewers happy (the younger UK viewers).

Don't think I'll be back next year either, but have watched LI Australia & that has been far far better as its only on its first season & also cos none of the contestants seem to give a sh1t about back stabbing one another!

I didn't watch the first season but have watched the second and third and this season smacks of serious producer manipulation. It's been said before that as they contestants know that it's a stepping stone to fame (well Z list fame) that's what their there for & the producers need to do something to keep the viewers happy (the younger UK viewers).

Don't think I'll be back next year either, but have watched LI Australia & that has been far far better as its only on its first season & also cos none of the contestants seem to give a sh1t about back stabbing one another!

Re-coupling done out of spite rather than "love". It's brilliant stuff! It helped that a division occurred with both the boys and girls groups, stopped it from coming too united and lovey-dovey.

It's brilliant. I think next season will be good as more will come in looking to do the same until it falls down the same path as UK version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Just posting to help Adamocovic out of the glitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Is the first season worth watching?

I've recently cut the cord and got an android tv box and the first season is on one of the apps. The Aussie version is also there and I'm so tempted to start it before it airs on 3e, although I love watching an episode and then seeing the reaction here!

Monife wrote: »

I've recently cut the cord and got an android tv box and the first season is on one of the apps. The Aussie version is also there and I'm so tempted to start it before it airs on 3e, although I love watching an episode and then seeing the reaction here!

It started on 3e last night!!

There's also a thread on it already in this forum:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057894308

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Monife wrote: »

I got into it about halfway through the first season & it was really enjoyable, but last years one was my favourite. I’d nearly go back & rewatch it all again after this years finishes. :D

It started on 3e last night!!

There's also a thread on it already in this forum:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057894308

...straight after LI.....be fun to watch them back to back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Makes sense - they've been fading alarmingly in recent weeks. They needed a booster.

On a related note, please God, is there no volume control on Dani?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Alexandra should of asked Alex if he was straight and got it over with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I reckon Jack is only with Dani as he knows they will make a small fortune on magazine deals when they leave. And open other doors in show biz circles for him. He is a smart guy and knows what he is doing. I don’t see any real love connection between them. Seriously if someone has bedded as many women as he says he has, and never stayed faithful to any gf, why would he be so besotted to an average looking girl, who isn’t really sexy, and is a complete head-wrecker??

Alexandra should of asked Alex if he was straight and got it over with

Oh, I think Alex is straight - he almost exploded when New Laura entered the villa - I think he's just the most fearful snob.

With New Laura, he was shooting the breeze by the pool about luxury sports cars, travelling to chic destinations and studying the Financial Times (okay I made that last bit up). Point is that he could hear the tinkle of money in her accent, swoon at her high achievements. Alex could see himself bringing New Laura home to mummy and daddy, watch her effortlessly wowing and charming his friends.

Unfortunately for Alex, Laura's still too young to settle down with some stiff, awkward tossbag. In 10 years, she'll probably marry someone very like him, but not now. She wants guys with six packs, tattoos and bad attitudes. This has Alex completely confused. He was almost certain that she was picking up and sending out the same social signals as himself.

So he gets ignored. And he lets Alexandra know she's the, ahem, booby prize. He tells her what suits her, how to wear her hair, because as his social inferior, she's going to have to scrub up a bit better, if she's going to be the arm-candy for Dishy Doctor McDreamy.

Alexandra feels that disdain and it's very, vey hurtful. She deserves better. I also still feel the sting that Megan felt when she realised she'd never be the girl they want to bring home to the folks. To some, she'll always be a tacky stripper and one step away from white trash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Make the girls take the lie detector!!!

Leave it Jack. Trust me on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Rmgblue

Serious contender to be the worst episode yet

New Laura really hates losing.

Mirror Mirror on the wall...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

what a load of tosh.

The girls coming across as a pack of needy whingers.

Whenever Paul's in a deep and meaningful conversation with a woman, he always looks like, in his head, he's singing Ten Green Bottles Standing On A Wall.

"I'm going home tomorrow...." like fúck you are, you infantile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Alex must have had hooks in the bed to hold him onto the very edge.

"I'm going home tomorrow...." like fúck you are, you infantile.

That bluff got called quickly.
    This is all gearing up for the Jani, win.

Kaz and Josh, the most "real" couple in there are getting nothing.

Look how far she's arching her back away from him.
    Kiss on the cheek and that's it.

Even Alex and Alexandra had a more passionate kiss and apparently he's not into her at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Without Dr Alex this entire season would have been mostly boring. Him and Idris the 2 best characters in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

These girls are all insane. Like seriously needy and unhinged!!! Baby names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Paul’s life flashing before his eyes here

Yes Dani, you're sensitive.

Although it's clever. If Jack thinks of Daddy Danny D. during sex, he can shout out "Danny" and Dani won't know the difference.

'Basil Brush' should have been the top answer.

"Not his normal type" even his bro is píssin on him now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

What i’d do just to sniff Alexandra’s farts

Oh marvellous....looks like an exorcism after the break

Yesterday, we were promised a relationship bloodbath!!!

God, I hate trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

New Laura is a complete tool.

Bad actress.

In fairness, Old Laura scrubs up better than any of them.

Is it my imagination or is Paul already looking for the exit door?

• Advertisement

Duck Soup wrote: »
    In fairness, Old Laura scrubs up better than any of them.

I actually think she has looked stunning with less make up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Well there's no getting that hour of my life back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or is Paul already looking for the exit door?

Naughty :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

anewme wrote: »
    New Laura is a complete tool.

Bad actress.

She's a dope.

Naughty :eek:

37773937_252009975622091_9154756996543545344_n.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement