Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Alex: putting the pipe into 'exhaust pipe'.

Probably literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Nice of Paul to wear the worst shirt in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

This is a bit meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Some date, a drive down a straight road not going above 20.
    The running order shows the producers preference anyway.

Also, are the girls wearing fake tan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Picky? Dumpy more like

Dani and Jack get a hot air balloon

Old woman gets a dinner on a height

Laura talking nonsense about being picky... this is 3rd or 4th fella she s tried to latch on to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Gringo180 wrote: »
    She really isnt great at picking up signs is she.

I thought by the faces she was making that she was getting it loud and clear! I'd have thumped him:mad:

Dani and Jack get a hot air balloon

Old woman gets a dinner on a height

Laura talking nonsense about being picky... this is 3rd or 4th fella she s tried to latch on to

Both get something infinitely better than Alexandra who had to sit beside Alex while he came in his pants because of a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Rmgblue

Na, not buying this.

Anyone know that song?

• Advertisement

Alex about to drop her like it's not now.

Literally coupled with her due to a lack of alternatives .

I'm surprised she s even bothering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Rmgblue wrote: »
    Na, not buying this.

Anyone know that song?

To build a home by the cinematic orchestra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Paul is Megan with a winky. Beautiful to look at, but as vapid as a Ferrero Rocher commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Christ those few minutes of Old Laura droning on was unbearable, spare a thought for St. Paul having to endure it right in his ear for hours.

Alexandra knows well enough, but she's smart enough to fall over the finish line as a couple. Dr Pink meanwhile seems to be taking it all too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Christ those few minutes of Old Laura droning on was unbearable, spare a thought for St. Paul having to endure it right in his ear for hours.

I think she comes as as the only one out of the lot of them with any intelligence. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

This is going to go good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

He is actually a fool. Look at her for gods sake!!

Why does Laura think oversized boobs spilling out is a good look .

It's not.

how-to-make-closet-shelves-closet-closed-819x1024.jpg

"Hey Alex...you in there? Time to come out now...:

If I hear one more "our journey", I swear I'll do time.

Alex knows there's no way on God's green earth he'd bring home someone like Alexandra to mater and pater. She's a bit common, no degree and eats peas off her knife.

• Advertisement

Is it awkward to mention that Alex doesn't have to fancy her? If he got to know her an didn't see anything then fair enough.

He missed a career trick though, there's a gap in the TV market for a Doctor but I think he might have blow it now.

"I've been in here 6 weeks...single and not kissing anyone and suddenly im expected to..."

Yeah...cos kissing is something you really need to build up to. Jesus what a shítehawk.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Is it awkward to mention that Alex doesn't have to fancy her? If he got to know her an didn't see anything then fair enough.

Its all the spoofing around it. If he was straight up about it, then fine. But he's been full of shíte

anewme wrote: »
    I think she comes as as the only one out of the lot of them with any intelligence. .

In fairness, she’s not facing stiff competition in the intellectual stakes :)

She just comes across as very insecure, which I can understand, but she does herself no favors by coming on so strong so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Ah yeah he doesn’t have to fancy her but it’s true that he hasn’t made any effort with her

He is being such a twat. This is simple snobbery. "We're just different." Fück off Alex, just fück off.

He's very rude and dismissive of her.

She's straight up to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Oh he's a prick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Alex is the biggest game player, abandoned the Alexandria train than chased it when Laura was taken by Black Jack. Such a snarky man who just played a nice guy to get an extra few days with his mates while pretending to be in a couple.

She's even worse, there's no way she was blind to this, he's a dirtbag and she's acting a martyr

"I've been in here 6 weeks...single and not kissing anyone and suddenly im expected to..."

Yeah...cos kissing is something you really need to build up to. Jesus what a shítehawk.

Dani and Jack are moving in and they've not even mauled.
    Its all the spoofing around it. If he was straight up about it, then fine. But he's been full of shíte

Yeah, I get that but its been 2 weeks, I think the fact the competition is coming to and makes it worse, maybe. But I think he definitely pulled an Ellie and used her like he accused Ellie of doing to him.

• Advertisement

Strong double of truth with a burn chaser for Alex there.

I think he may even have gone red with embarrassment.

Alexandra handled that brilliantly.

In fairness, she’s not facing stiff competition in the intellectual stakes :)

She just comes across as very insecure, which I can understand, but she does herself no favors by coming on so strong so quickly.

Sounds like she's been messed around by "lads" so in a way you could see why she thought she had a good 'un.

Alexandra handled that brilliantly.

He tried to patronise Alexandra into silence and acceptance.

She wasn't having any of it. Heck of a gal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Alexandra came across very well in that conversation she handled herself really well.
    He came across as patronising he used her to stay in there he should at least be honest.
    Fair play to her for not taking his BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Duck Soup wrote:
    I wonder if Alex has a medical condition to be that pink.

Yeah he actually has

Whatever way you look at that, Alex has been destroyed whole sale in the 6 weeks or whatever he's been in there:

- Pied initially by Hayley for a quick snog in a game, awkward enough in itself
    - Shown to be awkward around every girl
    - The girls picking up on the awkwardness
    - Failing in the lads/lads/lads stakes as he just blends into the group
    - Red as a lobster
    - Glorified man servant to the lads
    - And hit with a 3 punch combo by Alexandra at the end there

If I were him I'd lay low for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Maybe he'll "give" her one more chance in a few days

Alex is a strange egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Considering the show is over Monday I'm not sure what he hoped to achieve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

I absolutely think Alexandra was sent in there by producers for Alex and she knew the score. She was willing to play the part (no way she wants to be with him for real) and get them to the final but he is a dope who obviously hasn't read the script. She reacted to it well though and told him exactly how it is.Well done Alexandra.
    But even the date..the producers made it all about Alex..what did Alexandra get from that date..

jluv wrote: »
    ...what did Alexandra get from that date..

Awkwardness.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Considering the show is over Monday I'm not sure what he hoped to achieve?

Exactly. Cuddle up to a beautiful woman for a few more days and collect the Instagram cheques as a pretend couple on the outside.

Bye bye Alex.
    explosion.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Goddamn Alexandra was taking none of his crap. That was great stuff out of her, fair play to her

I had every sympathy for him at the outset as he was a different kettle of fish to the rest of them. He came across as quirky and socially awkward but a decent sort.

However, it's a bit more sinister than that.

He's socially awkward but a horrible patronising condescending snob.

He clearly feels Alexandra is beneath him and has treated her horribly as if she is a piece of **** on his shoe.

He likes to see himself as a gentleman, but he's far from it.

• Advertisement

skipper_G wrote: »
    Goddamn Alexandra was taking none of his crap. That was great stuff out of her, fair play to her

61f9ba4e8165aebfc1c9a9382fac440a-db0ugxv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I must be in the minority here not turning on Alex.

From the very first episode we all questions why he would come onto this show (I still have my suspicions about ulterior motives) and I think he's just continuing with actions that don't suit the show.

For 99% of the people who participate in this show, at this stage even if they didn't feel a romantic connection they would fake it to the end to try and win the money and then break up out of the villa. That's the way it always goes and I'm sure is going for a few in there.

With Alex he could have very easily said nothing and possibly get to a point of winning it, as he has a following and so does Alexandra. But if after trying he still didn't have strong feelings for her (something people suggested from the start) he seems like he just couldn't handle putting it on for show. He's awkward enough and I get why trying to fake a romance on screen may be too daunting for someone like him.

So in that regard I think in his mind he was doing the right thing in saying how it was. If this was outside the villa that is the right call and that's what he was basing it on. Unfortunately this isn't outside the villa, it's on television screens across the UK and Ireland. As bad as it sounds at this point of the show the more logical decision is to carry on and wait until after to announce those doubts. I feel Alexandra is not so much angry at the fact that Alex has come to terms that feelings aren't progressing towards her but rather the situation it has left her in relation to the prize money and winning. I don't buy these claims he used her or led her on, there is no benefit to him and his chances of winning telling her he doesn't have those feelings, only benefit is a load off his mind.

She knew they were one of the couples on course to challenge and Alex saying how he feels has dashed most of those hopes, so her snappy reaction was a result of that I feel. It's a tough spot for Alex in my eyes, he played it how you would on the outside world but unfortunately that is not what you do here and it's his fault for not realising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye I don't agree Alex lead her on, if that was the case why would he suddenly stop 2 nights before the end,
    He obviously is a very straight talking guys and he was decent to tell her how he feels,
    At the same time you can understand her reaction , she seems hurt by him and his actions but I don't think he set out to hurt her or play her off,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ye I don't agree Alex lead her on, if that was the case why would he suddenly stop 2 nights before the end,
    He obviously is a very straight talking guys and he was decent to tell her how he feels,
    At the same time you can understand her reaction , she seems hurt by him and his actions but I don't think he set out to hurt her or play her off,

I agree, if he was just using her or "playing" her, he could have waited until after the end. Also, he could have done the usual thing lads do on these shows and had his fun with her (which he easily could have as she was offering it on a plate) and then dumped her.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I must be in the minority here not turning on Alex.

From the very first episode we all questions why he would come onto this show (I still have my suspicions about ulterior motives) and I think he's just continuing with actions that don't suit the show.

For 99% of the people who participate in this show, at this stage even if they didn't feel a romantic connection they would fake it to the end to try and win the money and then break up out of the villa. That's the way it always goes and I'm sure is going for a few in there.

With Alex he could have very easily said nothing and possibly get to a point of winning it, as he has a following and so does Alexandra. But if after trying he still didn't have strong feelings for her (something people suggested from the start) he seems like he just couldn't handle putting it on for show. He's awkward enough and I get why trying to fake a romance on screen may be too daunting for someone like him.

So in that regard I think in his mind he was doing the right thing in saying how it was. If this was outside the villa that is the right call and that's what he was basing it on. Unfortunately this isn't outside the villa, it's on television screens across the UK and Ireland. As bad as it sounds at this point of the show the more logical decision is to carry on and wait until after to announce those doubts. I feel Alexandra is not so much angry at the fact that Alex has come to terms that feelings aren't progressing towards her but rather the situation it has left her in relation to the prize money and winning. I don't buy these claims he used her or led her on, there is no benefit to him and his chances of winning telling her he doesn't have those feelings, only benefit is a load off his mind.

She knew they were one of the couples on course to challenge and Alex saying how he feels has dashed most of those hopes, so her snappy reaction was a result of that I feel. It's a tough spot for Alex in my eyes, he played it how you would on the outside world but unfortunately that is not what you do here and it's his fault for not realising.
    Do you think him and Alexandra will be dumped tonight? Really like Alexandra she's beautiful and seems like a great friend aswell. Would be cool plot twist if she recoupled with Wes or something.
    Alex obviously didn't think he had a good chance to win or didn't think it was worth it acting like he was interested in Alexandra. But he seemed really interested in her before she choose to recouple with him which did come across as insincere like others have said basically what Ellie did to him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement