Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

jluv wrote: »
    ...what did Alexandra get from that date..

Awkwardness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Considering the show is over Monday I'm not sure what he hoped to achieve?

Exactly. Cuddle up to a beautiful woman for a few more days and collect the Instagram cheques as a pretend couple on the outside.

Bye bye Alex.
    explosion.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Goddamn Alexandra was taking none of his crap. That was great stuff out of her, fair play to her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I had every sympathy for him at the outset as he was a different kettle of fish to the rest of them. He came across as quirky and socially awkward but a decent sort.

However, it's a bit more sinister than that.

He's socially awkward but a horrible patronising condescending snob.

He clearly feels Alexandra is beneath him and has treated her horribly as if she is a piece of **** on his shoe.

He likes to see himself as a gentleman, but he's far from it.

• Advertisement

skipper_G wrote: »
    Goddamn Alexandra was taking none of his crap. That was great stuff out of her, fair play to her

61f9ba4e8165aebfc1c9a9382fac440a-db0ugxv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I must be in the minority here not turning on Alex.

From the very first episode we all questions why he would come onto this show (I still have my suspicions about ulterior motives) and I think he's just continuing with actions that don't suit the show.

For 99% of the people who participate in this show, at this stage even if they didn't feel a romantic connection they would fake it to the end to try and win the money and then break up out of the villa. That's the way it always goes and I'm sure is going for a few in there.

With Alex he could have very easily said nothing and possibly get to a point of winning it, as he has a following and so does Alexandra. But if after trying he still didn't have strong feelings for her (something people suggested from the start) he seems like he just couldn't handle putting it on for show. He's awkward enough and I get why trying to fake a romance on screen may be too daunting for someone like him.

So in that regard I think in his mind he was doing the right thing in saying how it was. If this was outside the villa that is the right call and that's what he was basing it on. Unfortunately this isn't outside the villa, it's on television screens across the UK and Ireland. As bad as it sounds at this point of the show the more logical decision is to carry on and wait until after to announce those doubts. I feel Alexandra is not so much angry at the fact that Alex has come to terms that feelings aren't progressing towards her but rather the situation it has left her in relation to the prize money and winning. I don't buy these claims he used her or led her on, there is no benefit to him and his chances of winning telling her he doesn't have those feelings, only benefit is a load off his mind.

She knew they were one of the couples on course to challenge and Alex saying how he feels has dashed most of those hopes, so her snappy reaction was a result of that I feel. It's a tough spot for Alex in my eyes, he played it how you would on the outside world but unfortunately that is not what you do here and it's his fault for not realising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye I don't agree Alex lead her on, if that was the case why would he suddenly stop 2 nights before the end,
    He obviously is a very straight talking guys and he was decent to tell her how he feels,
    At the same time you can understand her reaction , she seems hurt by him and his actions but I don't think he set out to hurt her or play her off,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ye I don't agree Alex lead her on, if that was the case why would he suddenly stop 2 nights before the end,
    He obviously is a very straight talking guys and he was decent to tell her how he feels,
    At the same time you can understand her reaction , she seems hurt by him and his actions but I don't think he set out to hurt her or play her off,

I agree, if he was just using her or "playing" her, he could have waited until after the end. Also, he could have done the usual thing lads do on these shows and had his fun with her (which he easily could have as she was offering it on a plate) and then dumped her.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

Adamocovic wrote: »

From the very first episode we all questions why he would come onto this show (I still have my suspicions about ulterior motives) and I think he's just continuing with actions that don't suit the show.

For 99% of the people who participate in this show, at this stage even if they didn't feel a romantic connection they would fake it to the end to try and win the money and then break up out of the villa. That's the way it always goes and I'm sure is going for a few in there.

With Alex he could have very easily said nothing and possibly get to a point of winning it, as he has a following and so does Alexandra. But if after trying he still didn't have strong feelings for her (something people suggested from the start) he seems like he just couldn't handle putting it on for show. He's awkward enough and I get why trying to fake a romance on screen may be too daunting for someone like him.

So in that regard I think in his mind he was doing the right thing in saying how it was. If this was outside the villa that is the right call and that's what he was basing it on. Unfortunately this isn't outside the villa, it's on television screens across the UK and Ireland. As bad as it sounds at this point of the show the more logical decision is to carry on and wait until after to announce those doubts. I feel Alexandra is not so much angry at the fact that Alex has come to terms that feelings aren't progressing towards her but rather the situation it has left her in relation to the prize money and winning. I don't buy these claims he used her or led her on, there is no benefit to him and his chances of winning telling her he doesn't have those feelings, only benefit is a load off his mind.

She knew they were one of the couples on course to challenge and Alex saying how he feels has dashed most of those hopes, so her snappy reaction was a result of that I feel. It's a tough spot for Alex in my eyes, he played it how you would on the outside world but unfortunately that is not what you do here and it's his fault for not realising.
    Do you think him and Alexandra will be dumped tonight? Really like Alexandra she's beautiful and seems like a great friend aswell. Would be cool plot twist if she recoupled with Wes or something.
    Alex obviously didn't think he had a good chance to win or didn't think it was worth it acting like he was interested in Alexandra. But he seemed really interested in her before she choose to recouple with him which did come across as insincere like others have said basically what Ellie did to him.

• Advertisement

I was more annoyed at his superior tone.

It came across he felt he was superior to Alexandra by the way he spoke to her. He treated her like a pest.

anewme wrote: »
    I was more annoyed at his superior tone.

It came across he felt he was superior to Alexandra by the way he spoke to her. He treated her like a pest.

Agree completely. He was a patronising little turd. He was so sure in the initial instance that New Laura, fine filly that she is, would recognise a fellow blueblood and they would be on the piste together with fabulous friends in St Moritz faster than you can say "I once copulated with an Aston Martin."

When he got the bum's rush from Laura, he grudgingly traded back 'down' to Alexandra. I have no sympathy for him at all. He was trying different ways to tell her she wasn't good enough for him, which is rich coming from the bastard son of Mr Blobby and a ribbed condom.

He wasn't being emotionally and intellectually honest, he was telling the guttersnipe her value. After all, it's not like these strippers and shop girls have feelings or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Could it simply be that Alex just wasn’t that into Alexandra??? Like there’s 5 girls and 5 boys they can’t all be madly in love with each other!!! So in fairness I think he just didn’t like her as much as she liked him!

Also it would have been much easier to keep going till Monday and act like he liked her but he didn’t! I can see how Alexandra is hurt and I’ve no idea why Alex didn’t like her (he was punching well above his weight!!) but that’s life!!

I think fair play to him for saying it but maybe he could have been a bit nicer in his tone and be a bit more honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Agree completely. He was a patronising little turd. He was so sure in the initial instance that New Laura, fine filly that she is, would recognise a fellow blueblood and they would be on the piste together with fabulous friends in St Moritz faster than you can say "I once copulated with an Aston Martin."

When he got the bum's rush from Laura, he grudgingly traded back 'down' to Alexandra. I have no sympathy for him at all. He was trying different ways to tell her she wasn't good enough for him, which is rich coming from the bastard son of Mr Blobby and a ribbed condom.

He wasn't being emotionally and intellectually honest, he was telling the guttersnipe her value. After all, it's not like these strippers and shop girls have feelings or anything.

tenor.gif?itemid=5296915

Adamocovic wrote: »

Ending it as he did is fine. It was the right call.

But i definitely think he kept her interested more than he should have. He decided to have a crack at Laura when she came in, pretty much telling Alexandra he wasn't that into her. Then recoupled and said all the right things, then fobbed her off again.

It would be shítty outside the house as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Pocos wrote: »
    Could it simply be that Alex just wasn’t that into Alexandra??? Like there’s 5 girls and 5 boys they can’t all be madly in love with each other!!! So in fairness I think he just didn’t like her as much as she liked him!

Also it would have been much easier to keep going till Monday and act like he liked her but he didn’t! I can see how Alexandra is hurt and I’ve no idea why Alex didn’t like her (he was punching well above his weight!!) but that’s life!!

I think fair play to him for saying it but maybe he could have been a bit nicer in his tone and be a bit more honest!

He could have said it 2 weeks ago and not say yeah I like you, no I don't, yeah I do, no I don't.

How he thaught Laura would fancy him is beyond beleif, must be proscribing himself sone good pills...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Do you think him and Alexandra will be dumped tonight? Really like Alexandra she's beautiful and seems like a great friend aswell. Would be cool plot twist if she recoupled with Wes or something.
    Alex obviously didn't think he had a good chance to win or didn't think it was worth it acting like he was interested in Alexandra. But he seemed really interested in her before she choose to recouple with him which did come across as insincere like others have said basically what Ellie did to him.

I'm liking how you are thinking there!!!Imagine if she got to choose before some of the other girls and she chose their man:D:eek: I'm not even sure if there's a recoupling or who would get to choose but that would be brilliant!

Shame on you, Mr Pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Oh oh I'd say that is bye bye doc..

Which couple should be dumped? Why is that even a question?

The Alexandra response is even better the second time. Send Dr Alex to the burns unit.

• Advertisement

His loss.

Alexandra 100 times better in every respect than the fake Blokey wooden actress Laura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Couldn't have worse timing .

Typical Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

I was making food. Is someone getting dumped?

Safe to say Adam won t have an acting career outside of the villa!!

See him advertised for nightclub openings tho. The big time

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    I was making food. Is someone getting dumped?

The housemates have to vote one couple out.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The housemates have to vote one couple out.

Thanks, Goodnight Alex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Im gonna go Team Wez and Megan they are both hot

The whole episode should have been Megan on that date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I liked Black Jack- he was fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Were they even on that boat? Looked like some dodgy green screen setup on the close ups

Advertisement