Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tbh I still have no fcuking idea how this show works. Is someone going tomorrow? My telly went blink half way through. Who wants to buy me a new telly? Did Dr.Dolittledates manage to score? He gives me a concussion just looking at him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

the overarching feeling i get from this show is that i don't like any of these people and I don't think i could under any circumstances. i can't even say I'm watching ironically. it's pure masochism.

First time love island watcher here and I think I’m a bit hooked already. I’ve read this thread from page 1.

Firstly, I love the nicknames. Eeyore and Dr Doolittledates are keepers (the nicknames not the people) though I do like eeyore in the eye candy stakes and I love the sound of his voice even though I’m not listening to what he’s saying.

Btw, what does ghosting mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

Oh and I think Hayley might be a goner unless Jack saves her.

Dr death seems to have Stockholm syndrome for Samira.

Adam will choose Rosie.

Wes Laura.

Eeyore Kendall

Niall Georgia

So that leaves Jack. Unless Dani mucks it up tomorrow she should be fine.

Which means bye bye Sour Scouse!!

That's exactly how I think it'll go & I'm going to enjoy every minute of seeing that sourpuss Hayley getting booted off. (think I'm way too invested in this show :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

Tbh I still have no fcuking idea how this show works. Is someone going tomorrow? My telly went blink half way through. Who wants to buy me a new telly? Did Dr.Dolittledates manage to score? He gives me a concussion just looking at him

Yeah - as there's more lads than girls the lads get to choose in the recoupling and then the girl that doesn't get picked gets the boot!! Cannot wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

You get coupled up or you get fvcked out. They will throw in another guy next week which will mean the girls have the decision.

It’s so simple yet so effective. I love it.

And of course he didn’t! The guy has about as much hope of scoring in there as I do with you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

First time love island watcher here and I think I’m a bit hooked already. I’ve read this thread from page 1.

Firstly, I love the nicknames. Eeyore and Dr Doolittledates are keepers (the nicknames not the people) though I do like eeyore in the eye candy stakes and I love the sound of his voice even though I’m not listening to what he’s saying.

Ghosting is blocking someone from on all social media and mobile phone so the person on the receiving end cannot get in touch with the perpetrator.

It is quite common nowadays.

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Ghosting is blocking someone from on all social media and mobile phone so the person on the receiving end cannot get in touch with the perpetrator.

So it’s like in the olden days when someone rang the house phone or called to the door and you told whoever else was in to say you wasn’t there?

I’ve been guilty of that in my time and I’ve had it done to me too. No biggie. Why is it such a bad thing to do now though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

So it’s like in the olden days when someone rang the house phone or called to the door and you told whoever else was in to say you wasn’t there?

I’ve been guilty of that in my time and I’ve had it done to me too. No biggie. Why is it such a bad thing to do now though?

Usually done after sex when the ghoster has no more use for the ghostee

In my defense, the sex wasn’t all that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Well that's my innocence crushed.....

tenor.gif?itemid=5848246

In my defense, the sex wasn’t all that :p

This made me lol :D

skipper_G wrote: »
    Well that's my innocence crushed.....

tenor.gif?itemid=5848246

This is how I picture you skip :D

55h0me.gif

we were all like that til Anna messed us up in the CBB threads.

tenor.gif?itemid=10686382

giphy.gif

Its like “superman” but with two sheets! Look it up on urban dictionary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Its like “superman” but with two sheets! Look it up on urban dictionary :D

Em okay I didn't know what that was so I looked :eek:

tenor.gif?itemid=3530606

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Anna just spreading the filth around,what's new :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

foxyladyxx wrote: »

My experience is they don’t block you just ignore ur texts and phone calls but then the ghoster gets in contact again weeks later, such sad f*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Maybe I'm just evil but I don't see the big deal about this "ghosting" thing or the story about Doctor Strange.

So a big article about how after 4 dates he stopped seeing and speaking to a girl because she wouldn't put out. Obviously didn't like her enough to be patient (haha classic Medical puns) and was after one thing only, but who cares? Like you don't have to put out for him, but he doesn't have to stick around the same time. Bit of an arse but look. Don't get the outrage online over it really.

Also this "ghosting" craic. Somebody blocks someone from social media from talking to them. Again maybe a bit of an arse move but is it really something to be that outraged with?

Anyway, tonight, better have a full on fight. They're too tame so far. Adam for as much as I dislike him will surely provide us some entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I have used it if someone was pestering me or wouldn't take ''no '' for an answer.

So it is no big deal .. whoever went to the tabloids with the story was probably a desperado whom he couldn't shake off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Anyway, tonight, better have a full on fight. They're too tame so far. Adam for as much as I dislike him will surely provide us some entertainment.

They need more alcohol

They need more alcohol

Get them hooked to the booze and cigs again. Let it get wild!

Sorry I can't remember who, but somebody asked why would Doctor Strange go on this show, and a reply was to become next Doctor Phil.

Well a friend said surely this would ruin his career and I then thought of the above comment and was thinking there he clearly wants to get famous off this and get his own E4/BBC3 style trash documentary series. The sort of ones that deal with overweight people trying to get fit, bizarre conditions or plastic surgery. Something along those lines.

Surely has to be his main goal....and love too obviously.

He's so painfully awkward on screen that there's about as much chance of that happening as there is of him getting laid on there. He's hopeless. Every conversation he has is just 100% cringe. He's surely a goner next week unless Samira is stuck and throws him a bone for saving her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

He's so painfully awkward on screen that there's about as much chance of that happening as there is of him getting laid on there. He's hopeless. Every conversation he has is just 100% cringe. He's surely a goner next week unless Samira is stuck and throws him a bone for saving her.

I feel like the producers know he is being discussed and will therefore try keep him in..maybe that was their thinking with the solicitor...assuming they'd get on. I think they'll try keep him. I hope So,he's the definition of car crash tv. Him creeping over his shoulder watching them kiss was just gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Sorry I can't remember who, but somebody asked why would Doctor Strange go on this show, and a reply was to become next Doctor Phil.

Well a friend said surely this would ruin his career and I then thought of the above comment and was thinking there he clearly wants to get famous off this and get his own E4/BBC3 style trash documentary series. The sort of ones that deal with overweight people trying to get fit, bizarre conditions or plastic surgery. Something along those lines.

Surely has to be his main goal....and love too obviously.

Yeah he wants to be a tv doc and reckons love island will be his platform to get onto TV
    The 27-year-old has left the hospital wards behind him as he is pursuing his dream of becoming a part time medic, part time TV doctor.

Source: Link

Incidentally I read an article on the daily abyss dailymail the other day, and a lot of the 'personalities' from last years' series have pocketed a chunk of change since appearing on the show... if I find the article I'll add it

Edit: Here's the article

Also..
    The Love Island 2018 contestants will get paid just £2.80 an hour to be on the show.... Link

• Advertisement

The 27-year-old has left the hospital wards behind him as he is pursuing his dream of becoming a part time medic, part time TV doctor.

giphy.gif

Advertisement