Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’m sure the Doctors family are delighted.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jack's like propa innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

This has either been a different, nicer side to Adam, or he’s just bored and in need of a laugh.

Which is it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Can't stand Eyal's faux deep persona. So annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This like Titanic when you are willing for Rose to leave Billy Zane for Jack. Let’s hope Alex doesn’t drown himself

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Don’t walk down the stairs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It might have been a bit awkward but at least Dr. Death did something. He was having a stab at undermining Eeyore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh god, this artsy contrast is just making poor Alex look like even more of a mug than he is. If I ever end up in a&e and open my eyes to see him over me I’ll just be like “Eyal go for euthanasia please doctor”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Eyal looked like he was going to sh*t his pants in the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just caught up on last night’s episode. Missed it cos I was out for dinner and when we got home I wasn’t allowed watch it, even though I was sitting there in my new Love Island pyjamas :rolleyes: #muggedoff.

Absolute lies!!! You wanted to watch Arrested Development and play Heads Up, you never even mentioned LI. See you think I’m out of this thread and won’t find your ugly untruths but I’m always watching. Watching and gazing from behind my eyepa....

I’ve said too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This has either been a different, nicer side to Adam, or he’s just bored and in need of a laugh.

Which is it though?

There is no nicer side to Adam..

He’s not getting enough notice from others and is trying to control things that are not even his business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Alex carries on like he has never even gotten the shift let alone the ride

“Heh heh heh she said I looked nice tonight”

DimSereneAmericanratsnake.gif

It was nice to see Alex go for it a bit with Megan, not sit back & be quiet about not being chosen when he knows she's still interested in him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Megan is a player.

A fakey-O’Shea-

Dislike her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I am not even sure if Alex really likes Megan, I think he is just desperate to get a girl to like him. Hopefully the producers have someone better lined up for him

• Advertisement

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I am not even sure if Alex really likes Megan, I think he is just desperate to get a girl to like him. Hopefully the producers have someone better lined up for him

source.gif

This like Titanic when you are willing for Rose to leave Billy Zane for Jack. Let’s hope Alex doesn’t drown himself

Probably be drowning in his own tears and shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Megan is just filling Alex's head with notions so she has options for the next recoupling. It'll be the boys picking so she's making sure she's picked.

She's playing Alex but at least it's lit a fire under him and he's doing something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

anewme wrote: »
    Megan is a player.

A fakey-O’Shea-

Dislike her.

Yep, agree... like very shortly after she picked Eeyore, she was second guessing. Ffs. I reckon she’s playing the game as she knows Alex wins the popularity vote with viewers and Eyal personality is beginning to shine through, and people are not as fond of him. Megan is in it to win it..... and I believe her nice girl image is contrived

source.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4735349

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's definitely some manipulation from producers, megan mentioned she told the girls not to give Alex the impression she likes him. Surely one of them would have had a quite word with him or get their fellas to say "look mate she's not in it, move on". So I can see why he's chasing a little, he can't see what I see.

But she had her chance there to let him down and she still went with a half I'm interested in you.

I hope Alex properly puts EYal in his place tomorrow.

Samira is growing on me big time too.

anewme wrote: »
    There is no nicer side to Adam..

He’s not getting enough notice from others and is trying to control things that are not even his business.

Maybe I’m just not cynical enough, but I thought that showed a nice side to Adam.

Syndic wrote: »
    Megan is just filling Alex's head with notions so she has options for the next recoupling. It'll be the boys picking so she's making sure she's picked.

She's playing Alex but at least it's lit a fire under him and he's doing something

Is it not the girls choice again Friday? Does someone not leave every Friday, or has Niall mucked it up?

I was sure they’d unload another clone from the portacabin next door to give the girls a choice before Friday.

Otherwise we stuck with the sh!t triangle

This show doesn’t even make me feel dirty anymore. I want to feel ashamed

giphy.gif

When do they all start ridin. I’m only here for the riding

giphy.gif

Do you know all their names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Is it not the girls choice again Friday? Does someone not leave every Friday, or has Niall mucked it up?

I was sure they’d unload another clone from the portacabin next door to give the girls a choice before Friday.

Otherwise we stuck with the sh!t triangle

Honestly think they make it up as they go along. If Niall didn't leave, a boy would have went tonight so really a girl should be going on Friday/Sunday. They haven't teases for anyone new going in so looks like they're dragging out the love triangle for another couple of episodes at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

When do they all start ridin. I’m only here for the riding

I didn’t even know there was riding. We were talking about the show in work today and my manager was saying her 14-year-old was mad to watch but she wouldn’t let him and was asking our opinion. I said it was grand, very PG. And everyone else was like “eh no, what about all the sex?” My manager had to take a call then and I didn’t get a chance to tell her that this was my first season and I didn’t know about all the sex, and now she probably will never mention her 14-year-old around me again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Syndic wrote: »
    Honestly think they make it up as they go along. If Niall didn't leave, a boy would have went tonight so really a girl should be going on Friday/Sunday. They haven't teases for anyone new going in so looks like they're dragging out the love triangle for another couple of episodes at least.

They might have the public vote off their least favourite couple which hopefully would be Rosie and the lovely Adam,

I can see the producers desperately going through their books to try to find a suitable match for Alex. .Expect two professional ladies to come through the doors maybe?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Eyal and Alex both trending on twitter.

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    They might have the public vote off their least favourite couple which hopefully would be Rosie and the lovely Adam,

I can see the producers desperately going through their books to try to find a suitable match for Alex. .Expect two professional ladies to come through the doors maybe?

I really want to make a joke about “professional” ladies being brought in, but I’ll rise above it :o:D

I have to agree though, he really is one of the main talking points of the show so they must be desperate to keep him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I didn’t even know there was riding. We were talking about the show in work today and my manager was saying her 14-year-old was mad to watch but she wouldn’t let him and was asking our opinion. I said it was grand, very PG. And everyone else was like “eh no, what about all the sex?” My manager had to take a call then and I didn’t get a chance to tell her that this was my first season and I didn’t know about all the sex, and now she probably will never mention her 14-year-old around me again :/

This is too funny. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

ShazGV wrote:
    It was nice to see Alex go for it a bit with Megan, not sit back & be quiet about not being chosen when he knows she's still interested in him too.

She definitely isn't interested in him, not genuinely anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Not sure if this was already mentioned but I've noticed no smoking in there this year also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Missed tonight due to being dragged to the pub, hadn't the courage to use Love Island as an excuse to leave early. How long before it's on the player? Can I watch it now happy after a few drinkeypoos or will it be a morning coffee job?

ratmouse wrote: »
    Not sure if this was already mentioned but I've noticed no smoking in there this year also

Is it wrong that I think it makes it slightly worse? Like the smoking gossips, cliques forming and the great excuse to be alone?

Maybe it's just the contestants, but somehow feel it has reduced the drama and sneakiness. But again maybe it's just the contestants.

Newest episode up on ITV player, thank you Jesus.

Pretty sure I read something earlier in the year that they’re either not allowed to smoke this year, or they’re not showing it, something like that. Apparently they got complaints about all the smoking last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Blah :rolleyes:

Shuddup Elmo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

ShazGV wrote: »
    Pretty sure I read something earlier in the year that they’re either not allowed to smoke this year, or they’re not showing it, something like that. Apparently they got complaints about all the smoking last year.

Was thinking it must have been something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Dave147 wrote: »
    She definitely isn't interested in him, not genuinely anyway.

Yup agree, I think she realises that this could be a cracker of a storyline for her. She can throw Alex, the most popular contestant, a bone, keep him on side, while kissing and cuddling Curly Sue. She knows from the outside that Alex is the best bet for keeping her in longer. I don't feel she comes across genuine at all. If she wasn't into the curly mop she could've easily made excuses not to kiss him tonight, but she fired away happily so long as Alex couldn't actually see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,048 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know what I despise more - Eyal's craving for attention or Megan's woe is me crap.

My reaction when they both leave..

YRgqMh.gif

Well that was a let down.
    Loving Jack more and more. Seems like one of the most genuine in there. Think he fancies Danni more than she does him though!

Megan is playing a game, and Eeyore with the most idiotic quote of the night with "I love green things".
    Very deep and spiritual you ****ing eejit. Let loose a green mamba in there and let the creepy fecker try hug it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Him and Chad "I like your jacket"from BB would get on great!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Genuinely thought Adam and Charlie's distraction tactics by asking Eyal about stars and constolations was one of the funniest moments of the series so far. So random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Faugheen wrote: »
    Genuinely thought Adam and Charlie's distraction tactics by asking Eyal about stars and constolations was one of the funniest moments of the series so far. So random

Did you see how they got away from him ASAP once they knew the coast was clear?
    He's an absolute dose, pretty as a picture and the appeal ends right there. I can't imagine Megan will stick him either.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

He mustn't be popular in there at all. I know Adam has his own motives for helping out Alex but Eyal just seems to hang off Megan now.

To be fair, I'd say Adam and Charlie were surprised themselves that Eyal went along with their bull**** for so long. How stupid is he?

He just sounds like he's talking when he sings :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement