Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Lol at the wimminz getting all torn up by the new wans.

This has finally the potential to stir

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Anyone else find Adam stupidly funny? Just the way he goes on is amusing

What’s shamira getting her knickers in a twist for... she’s not into any of the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Alex is so pathetic that I half expected him to react to yer wan’s declaration that she loves spontaneity by jumping into the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Is it really "about to go down"

I don't ******* believe you Josh, liar liar pants on fire. Anything less than a throat punch attempt doesn't qualify as "going down"

Disappointing episode, game needs to get interesting pronto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I don't think any of them know how to 'go down' in all honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

fin12 wrote: »
    Alex head went bright red....

He forgot the Factor 50

To thine own self be true

I quite like Ellie. So far. She isn’t playing stoopid like Hayley did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Russel is great :D

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Russel is great :D

I never knew about this after show before 10 minutes ago....I do like Russell Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

They hate each other.

They hate each other.

They don't even have brain cells to rut off each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Hating Georgia and her newfound "fun" personality, it reeks of Sarah Harding's "I'm just one of the lads"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Russell was brilliant about Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

neonsofa wrote: »
    Hating Georgia and her newfound "fun" personality, it reeks of Sarah Harding's "I'm just one of the lads"

It slipped quite a bit .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Two more girls for Alex to miss out on.

Wonder will Eyal do the dirty and Megan come sniffing back around.

Also believe Georgia is on borrowed time. Easy excuse being the antics for not choosing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

I want to post something that's a spoiler but I don't know how to do the thing where you black out the text until you press on it. (It happened on after sun last night)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    I want to post something that's a spoiler but I don't know how to do the thing where you black out the text until you press on it. (It happened on after sun last night)

Don't tease us! :P go advanced editing I think and spoiler button is above with the rest

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Don't tease us! :P go advanced editing I think and spoiler button is above with the rest
    Thanks, I'm on mobile. I'll turn on the computer now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Is it when Jack said
    Alex went on a date and had a kiss with someone??

kitten_k wrote: »
    Is it when Jack said
    Alex went on a date and had a kiss with someone??

Yes, thanks. I don't have to turn on my 2006 recycled laptop now. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yes, thanks. I don't have to turn on my 2006 recycled laptop now. Cheers.

To do spoiler tags on the phone just put the text between these but with no spaces between the [ and the /:
    [ /SPOILER]

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Will Alex have the guts to couple up with one of the new girls and thus leave Samira to face the chop..

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Will Alex have the guts to couple up with one of the new girls and thus leave Samira to face the chop..

Guts? He'd give his guts, and one of his limbs! One of them might use him to survive the first chop, but he'll be dumped soon after. He's a disaster.

Guts? He'd give his guts, and one of his limbs! One of them might use him to survive the first chop, but he'll be dumped soon after. He's a disaster.

He's also so sunburnt but yet he seems to always have a coating of spf on his face, almost a mask of it like. It's so weird looking in the little diary room thing. The light seems to make it look worse and he looks mannequin-esque and creepy. The producers should introduce him to tinted spf.

I feel for him. He seems to be an over thinker. Which I can suffer from myself at times (ikr, me over thinking!) when anxious in social situations but like he's a doctor, surely he knows some coping techniques for stressful situations. He seems to have built it all up more than he needs to and is just feeding in to the anxiety. Bless him. But he just too creepy for me. I can't.

• Advertisement

Also just want to point out that I am not knocking the spf use, I wear factor 50 everyday myself to keep my skin clear and youthful, but it's just the way in which he wears it or the type he is using! The zinc in it I think. The white cast and slight purple shiney hue doesn't help him in the creepiness department.

He's also so sunburnt but yet he seems to always have a coating of spf on his face, almost a mask of it like. It's so weird looking in the little diary room thing. The light seems to make it look worse and he looks mannequin-esque and creepy. The producers should introduce him to tinted spf.

I feel for him. He seems to be an over thinker. Which I can suffer from myself at times (ikr, me over thinking!) when anxious in social situations but like he's a doctor, surely he knows some coping techniques for stressful situations. He seems to have built it all up more than he needs to and is just feeding in to the anxiety. Bless him. But he just too creepy for me. I can't.

I honestly look at him as if he has never met a woman before, and never even had to dress himself. As if he escaped from some cult or was homeschooled and this is his first time out in public.

His dress sense is appalling, and all the lads treating him like their little disabled buddy is tragic. He seems to just do the ironing for them, and watch them all cop off with all the birds he failed with. It's painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ve just listened back to the clip of Wes and Ellie on a date and when she asks “am I your type” it sounds like he says “100% my type” but he actually says “100% she’s my type”.. seems to be talking about Laura.
    It’s just edited to make us think he’s talking about Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

I’ve just listened back to the clip of Wes and Ellie on a date and when she asks “am I your type” it sounds like he says “100% my type” but he actually says “100% she’s my type”.. seems to be talking about Laura.
    It’s just edited to make us think he’s talking about Ellie

I think the whole thing about Wes getting "cold feet" is totally edited to make us all think that that's how its going to go & is all hype. I still think the most telling thing was when Wes said "us 3 are the most settled out of all the lads". He wouldn't have said that to a new bird coming in if he wanted to get rid of Laura.
    At least Adam was being honest with his inallegience (is that even a word!!) to Rosie !

Adam is totally gonna get it on with Zara. Might be the making of the series as Rosie might go full bunny boiler then. And as skip said, who the foooook gets their BACK pierced?! Awkz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Alex needs to chill.

Ellie: I work selling cars
    Alex: PHWOAARRR I LOVE CARS

O..kayy. Total sweat bag and I bet he wears two pairs of underpants.

200w.gif

"i'm a chef" OH MY GUUUUURD I LOVE FOOD!

"i work in oxygen sales" AWWWW MAN I LOVE BREATHING!!!

He's a fvkcing sap.

to Zara, "oh like, my job I've helped one or two people, your job you help thousands"

Get a grip you tool! She's probably just taking the staples out of paper in some back end office of a local politician's dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Also just want to point out that I am not knocking the spf use, I wear factor 50 everyday myself to keep my skin clear and youthful, but it's just the way in which he wears it or the type he is using! The zinc in it I think. The white cast and slight purple shiney hue doesn't help him in the creepiness department.

Yeah mineral formulations (titanium & zinc) cause a serious white cast compared to chemical formulations - not the most cosmetically elegant in comparison to chemical ones. I think he might have oily skin also which can be tricky to find a spf that works well.

Risk of sunburn in the villa appears to have raised concern - link

(Also *internet high five* to fellow daily spf wearer! I'm not the biggest fan of putting it on :o, but I know in the long run it will serve me well :cool:)

(I was actually thinking the other day, imagine spending 8 weeks in that intense sunlight..... I'd be the contestant who only comes out during the night and hides in the shade....like Richmond in the IT crowd.... think I'd get booted off pretty quickly :P)

(Sorry for taking thread way-off topic there.... :pac: Way down the rabbit hole!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I said it before and I'll say it again Samira is equally as awkward as Alex. Did you see the state of her when she found out there were two girls there. She ran in all wide eyed looking around like mad.

There's no way Wes goes in the way the trailer suggests, damp squib that one for sure.

I think Josh is done with Georgia too, she's way too immature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Found it strange that the Aftersun gang were on the 'bold boy Wes' theory too. Not a chance Wes is interested in Ellie over his nan. Edited or not, that was a load of bollox, Wes is hook line and sinker until his nan strays imho.

Hope Adam does the Adamthing and grafts Zara and like somebody said Rosie goes bunny boiler.

Oh and screw Samira and Alex... they are a waste of 2 spots.

Oh & last thing Josh is so keen to get away from the baby that is Georgia it is unreal... I'm with Olivia, Georgia is too young to be on this show, and it's not to do with her antics, she just is... #nicearse and all but should not be there ala Alex and Samira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

For future when you open the reply box, look at the icons starting with B and its the very last one which says spoiler (next to you tube link).

razorblunt wrote: »
    There's no way Wes goes in the way the trailer suggests, damp squib that one for sure.

I think Josh is done with Georgia too, she's way too immature.

Totally agree on both points.
    Josh is gonesky first chance he gets, Georgia would reck my head tbh with her "mad" :rolleyes: antics.

Also, really don't know what Josh was on about with the big "sh1ts gonna go DOWN" mantra repeating it like a million times. That was the biggest overreaction of the whole night :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I think every girl who is entering from this point forwards will say that they're interested in Alex in the initial stages (even though they're not) just to appease viewers as they know he's very popular..... but then they will make moves towards who they're really interested in. Like look at the megan-eyal-alex situation - she had zero interest in him, just playing the game, created a bit of drama with the 'will she go for option a or option b' scenario.... created a bit of drama.. then nothing more was done about it.

I feel bad for him, but I don't see Alex lasting the whole series. But I think the fact that he always remained nice and didn't do anything out of the way, will serve him well in the future towards securing tv presenting/ medical documentary gigs.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hope Adam does the Adamthing and grafts Zara and like somebody said Rosie goes bunny boiler.

Oh that is exactly what's gonna happen, anyone that thinks Adam could keep his mits off Zara is deluded! Cannot WAIT to see Rosie blow - foolish to think he could ever change!!

• Advertisement

(Also *internet high five* to fellow daily spf wearer! I'm not the biggest fan of putting it on :o, but I know in the long run it will serve me well :cool:)

I'm glad there are more of us! The amount of people who scoff at it but you know what, my skin is a million times better since I started applying it religiously. We will both look so youthful in our old age :pac:

I adore the sun so I just slap on all the sun cream when the sun is out. Really should use hat etc but I love feeling sun on the skin, which isn't great even with sun cream but it's all about balance!

buswankers wrote: »
    Josh is gonesky first chance he gets, Georgia would reck my head tbh with her "mad" :rolleyes: antics.

Also, really don't know what Josh was on about with the big "sh1ts gonna go DOWN" mantra repeating it like a million times. That was the biggest overreaction of the whole night :rolleyes::rolleyes:

One thing that really annoyed me was the girls being all "squad" like when the new girls came in. With their "this is our turf" **** and the walks on them. So cringey.

Gotta laugh at Alex too constantly referring to his status, "i'm in a friendship couple", as if that is an official thing?! No mate, you're in the fvcking reject bin with Samira cos nobody wants yee ya plonker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Gotta laugh at Alex too constantly referring to his status, "i'm in a friendship couple", as if that is an official thing?! No mate, you're in the fvcking reject bin with Samira cos nobody wants yee ya plonker.

Nor her.... the 2 of em can friendship couple the F off as far as I am concerned.... #yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah they overreact for everything. "The toast is ready".

"the toast ... oh my days"
    "WTF I wasn't expecting toast"
    "Toast, you're joking innit"

"Yeah I could see toast being my type" Adam
    "Faaaacccckkkk I love toast" Alex

One thing that really annoyed me was the girls being all "squad" like when the new girls came in. With their "this is our turf" **** and the walks on them. So cringey.

Think the music that was playing in the background also added to give that effect :rolleyes::rolleyes: so cringey.
    Actually cringed a lot at last nights episode! Winner of the cringiest moment was Alex with his "I love cars" comment. I know its been said before but I cringe everytime I think or read about it :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Oh that is exactly what's gonna happen, anyone that thinks Adam could keep his mits off Zara is deluded! Cannot WAIT to see Rosie blow - foolish to think he could ever change!!

I love how invested people get with the coupling up . He only knows Rosie a few days . Go on Adam - cause a bit of carnage in there and make your way through the whole lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Think the music that was playing in the background also added to give that effect :rolleyes::rolleyes: so cringey.
    Actually cringed a lot at last nights episode! Winner of the cringiest moment was Alex with his "I love cars" comment. I know its been said before but I cringe everytime I think or read about it :o:o

The music and the pointless slow mo shots, what is up with the slow mo camera shots

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Is Samira really just there for the free holiday now? I actually forgot until the end of the show last night that she was too a contestant meant to be trying to couple up with someone.
    Atleast Alex makes a (albeit) cringey effort

• Advertisement

Was gas too when all the girls were going on about their lad's boners and rubbing off their leg. Most seemed sexually frustrated. Meanwhile Dani just seemed absolutely disgusted :pac: Poor Jack hasn't a hope in hell with her, unless the goss mags pay them big or they get some tragic spin off. She even as good as friend zoned him again inside the hideaway, that's twice now. He'd wanna get the hint. Only so long you can hen peck kiss someone without getting found out.

Advertisement