Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo @ E3 2018 - News/Predictions

• 27-04-2018 7:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The official schedule is out now.

clCLv9Y.jpg

Any predictions for what will be shown in the main presentation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nintendo wrote:
    REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo is returning to the E3 video game trade show in June with fan-favorite activities and new features to keep watchers around the world and attendees in Los Angeles engaged and having fun. As in recent years, Nintendo will focus its E3 activities on games coming soon, with a special spotlight given to a key headlining title: the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game coming to the Nintendo Switch system this year. Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date.

The festivities kick off with two days of high-level competitive action at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles. On Monday, June 11, from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. PT, qualifying teams representing the United States/Canada, Japan, Europe and Australia/New Zealand will ink their way to glory in the opening rounds of the Splatoon 2 World Championship tournament. The finals will take place the following day on Tuesday, June 12, immediately followed by the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 tournament, which will pit invited players against each other in the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch. A few fans who come dressed as their favorite Nintendo character on June 12 may be chosen to play the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game on stage in exhibition play. Tickets will be issued on-site at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles each day of the event. Additional details about how fans can attend in-person will be shared in the future. All the action from both days will be streamed live on https://e3.nintendo.com, YouTube and Twitch.

At 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 12, Nintendo will debut a video presentation* featuring games releasing in 2018, including the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch. Right after the presentation, Nintendo Treehouse: Live | E3 2018 will begin three days of live gameplay, appearances by developers and an insider look at games, starting with the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch. Everyone can watch the video presentation and Nintendo Treehouse: Live | E3 2018 at https://e3.nintendo.com, YouTube and Twitch.

June 12-14, visitors to Nintendo’s booth at the Los Angeles Convention Center will be able to play a variety of games, including the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch. Additionally, some of the most noteworthy upcoming third-party games on Nintendo Switch will be featured across several Nintendo activities throughout the week.

Streaming content will be shown live at the Nintendo NY store, starting on June 11 with the Splatoon 2 World Championship opening rounds. And June 12-15, visitors to the store will be among the first to play a selection of games shown at Nintendo’s booth during E3.

“Every year we take a look at E3 and craft the best experience for our fans, regardless of whether they are attending the show or watching from afar,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We expect that each of our E3 activities will give an additional boost to the already strong momentum enjoyed by Nintendo Switch.”

Additional details about Nintendo’s presence at E3 2018 will be shared in the coming weeks. For the latest updates, keep an eye on https://e3.nintendo.com.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really hope this doesn't suck.
    I'm not a Smash Bros fan

Me neither.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Metroid 4 please.
    Super Mario Sunshine HD.
    Luigis Mansion 3
    FZero!

Virtual Console of some description. I want to play LTTP, SMW and Super Metroid on my Switch.
    Firmware v6.0 announced with more themes and the ability to backups save files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

More info regarding the paid services, virtual console, themes, animal crossing and hopefully luigis mansion 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fuko200 wrote: »
    More info regarding the paid services, virtual console, themes, animal crossing and hopefully luigis mansion 3.

Number One thing I want is details on cloud saves... Everything else is secondary to that. I'd be heartbroken if my Switch was damaged and I lost my progress in Zelda or Mario, I'd never play them again I'd be that pissed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I hope there's not a big focus on Pokemon. I've absolutely zero interest in that franchise. I wouldn't be interested in buying a port of Smash Bros. Wii U again or even an enhanced port. Not a fan of Animal Crossing either really.

A new F-Zero would be great to see. I’m interested to see more of Yoshi. Some new games, maybe an 3rd person adventure game or first person shooter from Nintendo. Luigi's Mansion 3 perhaps and that Pikmin 4 is lurking somewhere.

I'll be watching 3rd parties to see if they're really interested in the Switch, it's not been great so far. And I want to see new games, not late, underperforming, overpriced ports.

I'd like to see a revised Switch but that won't be until next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    I hope there's not a big focus on Pokemon. I've absolutely zero interest in that franchise. I wouldn't be interested in buying a port of Smash Bros. Wii U again or even an enhanced port. Not a fan of Animal Crossing either really.

A new F-Zero would be great to see. I’m interested to see more of Yoshi. Some new games, maybe an 3rd person adventure game or first person shooter from Nintendo. Luigi's Mansion 3 perhaps and that Pikmin 4 is lurking somewhere.

I'll be watching 3rd parties to see if they're really interested in the Switch, it's not been great so far. And I want to see new games, not late, underperforming, overpriced ports.

I'd like to see a revised Switch but that won't be until next year.

What do you like about Nintendo because everyday we seem to discover you dislike something else about them :pac:

In all fairness though there is always lots of things shown at E3 that won't interest a lot of people and it's more about pleasing the majority than anything else.

I've said it before I think but I'd love to see a Splatoon themed combat racing game.
    With the range of weapons and the near limitless possibilities of the dual wet/dry state of the characters, it could be a real Nintendo version of the Wipeout games on the PS.
    I had wanted to see a proper 3rd person, single player, combat game in the Splatoon universe, but the upcoming DLC will do nicely in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've said it before I think but I'd love to see a Splatoon themed combat racing game.
    With the range of weapons and the near limitless possibilities of the dual wet/dry state of the characters, it could be a real Nintendo version of the Wipeout games on the PS.
    I had wanted to see a proper 3rd person, single player, combat game in the Splatoon universe, but the upcoming DLC will do nicely in that regard.

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njBInBqktng

Yeah, I've seen that but, from decades of experience, outside of major franchises like Wipeout, F-Zero and not much else, futuristic racing games tend to be shallow affairs with a little novelty and that's about it.
    But it has indeed stole a march on the idea of a Splatoon Racer, I hope it doesn't put Ninty off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I really hope this doesn't suck.
    I'm not a Smash Bros fan

Dont get the hype at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Never played a Smash game so looking forward to that. No interest in Pokemon though. Not for me.

My hope is that GTA:V gets announced. Might be an old game but its still relevant and I never would have had the time to play a game that big on another console. If it came bundled with Red Dead, even better.

After that, FX Zero, maybe more games from EA (Madden, Mass Effect etc.) and then Fallout 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My hopes?

Zelda Collection - Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. All in one package or split out, I don't mind really.
    SNES Collection - Just give me the games on the SNES classic on a Switch cart and I'll buy them for the 10th time.
    Metroid Prime 4
    A new, big JRPG and a date for Dragon Quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,711 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is there any reason at all to think there might be a GTA5 release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is there any reason at all to the there might be a GTA5 release?

Only so they can sell more Shark Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Nintendo Classic Mini N64 or details on the Virtual Console. My dream would be something like Game Pass on Xbox but with all the classic Nintendo games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Inviere

pcadhain wrote: »
    Nintendo Classic Mini N64

I'm betting on a Gameboy variant, over the N64. I think with the controller, the computing power to properly run an N64 emulator, and 3rd party game licensing, the N64 Mini mightn't come to bear. A Gameboy Classic release would seem so much more achievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I think we'll be getting a top down zelda game at e3, not sure what console tho 3ds or switch. i would freakin love an upgrade of triforce heros on the 3ds on switch. that game was so much fun in multiplayer teamwork but died on the 3ds after a year or so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭BurnUp78

Has a mainline Pokémon game ever been announced at E3? Pokémon is so big they'd usually save that for their own direct right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I predict a bumper time for the king of the newsdump and whatever news there is, will show how terrible the Switch is doing.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Massive bucket of salt, but I just saw this on gamefaqs. Most of it sounds plausible. I guess time will tell.
    If there is an announcement about the Online Service next Monday, the rest of this will carry more weight.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76571076/900653271
    Check back this topic on May 7th, it's gonna proven right.

-Nintendo’s releasing details about their Online Service on May 7th.
    -Service goes live on September 24th
    -Service offers dedicated voice chat through an existing chat service, Discord being the most popular choice, exclusive Eshop discounts, and a Games With Gold/PlayStation Plus like Service where retro games are given to people every month and are allowed to keep the games as long as they have the service.
    -Nintendo is ditching the Virtual Console brand and replacing it with ‘Nintendo Classics’. Games offered through this are much cheaper than they were before and is going to launch with NES and GBA games in August with SNES and N64 games being made available late 2018/ early 2019.
    -Nintendo E3 Presentation is currently 36 minutes long and focuses only on Switch titles with Treehouse being used to announce and show 3DS titles.
    -The first reveal is of the Spyro trilogy coming to Switch, though there’s a reason they’ve been waiting to reveal it.
    -Fire Emblem is next and the title for it is ‘Lustrous Daybreak’. Coming holiday this year.
    -Yoshi is next, now subtitled Flipped Around and features the same Amiibo functionality as Wooly World. Releases in August.
    -New Paper Mario game is next and is not being developed by Intelligent Systems. Goes back to the traditional partner style gameplay but still heavily features the character limitations imposed for Sticker Star and Color Splash. Coming 2019
    -Mario Odyssey DLC is next. Luigi is being released that day as a playable character and adds 70 unique moons to the game. Wario and Waluigi are also being made playable characters with 70 moons each as well. No tentative release date on the other two characters, but they are being made playable at the show floor.
    -Activision makes some announcements. Crash Bandicoot Amiibo is being made that adds harder time trials to the N’Sane trilogy and is teased to have some kind of functionality with Spyro trilogy.
    -Black Ops 4 Battle Royale is coming to Switch with crossplay with PC and Xbox, regular Black Ops 4 is not coming to Switch.
    -Sega reveals their Sega Ages line for the west and two of the games they’re releasing under it are the first two Sonic Adventure games.
    -Super Sonic Racing is revealed and takes inspiration from Sonic R with some characters like Sonic running on their own while characters like Tails use vehicles. Some kind of Nintendo exclusive content is teased for the game as well.
    -Next is a Metroid Prime 4 gameplay trailer. Coming 2019.
    -Pokémon for Switch is revealed. It’s a new take on Red and Blue and features graphics that are midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken.
    -Five Nights at Freddy’s is coming to Switch, though reports are coming in that content may have been censored on Scott Cawthon’s end, not enforced by Nintendo. Coming out in the fall.
    -Two trailers for Smash Bros for Switch are the last things. One reveals Captain Toad, the other reveals Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, this is why they’ve been quiet about the Switch version of the trilogy. Gameplay is shown and is a mix of Smash 4 and Melee, being very colorful yet detailed. Coming out September alongside the Online Service.
    -Ice Climbers are set to be revealed during the Treehouse Live.

That’s all. I don’t know anymore specifics than that because I’m not the person who actually saw all of this, a contact with connections to marketing saw all of this and shared it to me.
    Have a good day and remember to check back on this on May 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

So it's feasible Nintendo would use a third party for voice chat? I really don't see that happening.

If they don't have something good themselves (which they don't), why not go third party? A lot of people use discord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Inviere

Nintendo is ditching the Virtual Console brand and replacing it with ‘Nintendo Classics’. Games offered through this are much cheaper than they were before

A significant price reduction is needed for two reasons, 1) because VC prices are ridiculous outside of sales, and 2), the recent Switch hack will lead the Switch getting incredibly good emulation solutions for 'free'.

Secondly though, moving away from the VC brand? Bit of a shame if so...Nintendo Classics signifies and suggests Nintendo products only, & doesn't convey the wealth of other non-Ninty games to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the least believable part is Waluigi DLC for Odyssey

Nintendo UK posted this Tweet yesterday. Waluigi never gets any love so I found it strange. Why post it?

Maybe it's a subtle hint about the DLC upcoming in SMO. It's an obvious call, I said it before the game even came out that it will happen. All their other major original games on Switch have it.

The predictions are mostly safe and believable, a lot of it is known. Metroid Prime 4 is probably the most wanted game and yet gave no information about it. We all know it won't come out until at least 2019. May 7th seems a bit strange to release details about the Online Service as it's a bank holiday.

Not in Japan or the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mr E wrote: »
    If they don't have something good themselves (which they don't), why not go third party? A lot of people use discord.

Because it's Nintendo

Referring back to yesterday's rumour, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have no business being in Smash Bros.

Referring back to yesterday's rumour, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have no business being in Smash Bros.

Because they are not core Nintendo?

Pacman, Ryu and Sonic say hi. :)

Because they are not core Nintendo?

Pacman, Ryu and Sonic say hi. :)

Not to mention

Snake, Cloud and Ryu didn't deserve a place in Smash Bros. Especially the first 2, particularly Cloud.

If it pleases fans and brings more to the game then all good. If it's at the expense of fan favourites as opposed to the 25 Fire Emblem characters then I see it as a bad thing. I'm not a Smash player myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭da gamer

Ive a buddy working for nintendo in asia. He said wave race is returning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Snake, Cloud and Ryu didn't deserve a place in Smash Bros. Especially the first 2, particularly Cloud.

Why not? Popular characters, in a popular game.

And its not like Snake never made his way to Nintendo platforms. He was on Nintendo consoles before Sony game platforms existed. He came back on the GameCube. He came back on the 3ds. Ryu too. For the longest time, Nintendo consoles were the best place to play SF2, outside of the arcade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

'Deserving' is whoever Sakurai deems suitable for the series. The Snake reveal was a fantastic moment in gaming history.

Like I said, I don't play them, but even I enjoy reveals if they're big characters like Bayonetta. Unless watching a Direct and with 5 minutes to go they surprise reveal a Smash character instead of a game. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Game Boy or N64 Classic announcement?

• Advertisement

The previous 2 weren't announced at E3, so I wouldn't say they'll announce the next ones there, if there is another one. Maybe announce after the presentation or later. The Mini SNES was late June.

-Nintendo’s releasing details about their Online Service on May 7th.

Have a good day and remember to check back on this on May 7th.

Today's the day, chances are, he's a big fat spoofer.

Yep. There would be an announcement about the announcement by now. :)

They said early May so I suppose any time between now and next Monday. And are we expecting a video or just a press release?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They said early May so I suppose any time between now and next Monday. And are we expecting a video or just a press release?

The way they worded the initial announcement it seems the website will be updated with the details of it.

Today's the day, chances are, he's a big fat spoofer.

So.... :o

So.... :o

Technically it was the 8th in Japan :D.

But still may possibly be a fake leak, none of the other things mentioned about the service were announced. E3 season is fun though :p

Rumor: Alleged Nintendo E3 Leak, Fortnite, F-Zero, & Punch-Out On Switch
    A photo of two printed lists shared on Facebook suggest that Nintendo at E3 could involved a port of the popular Fortnite, a triumphant return of F-Zero, and a new Punch Out game.

nintedo-rumor-list-of-games-for-e3-2.jpg

nintendo-rumor-list-of-games-for-e3.jpg

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/1471/nintendo-e3-rumor-leak-suggests-fortnite-f-zero-and-punch-out

This sounds believable for a few reasons, not least because of Nintendo updating several trademarks lately.

I kinda want that to be true, if only so we can start referring to the Yoshi game as Yosh's F'ing Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Link's Awakening 3D is something I want to be true even if I hope fallout 3 isn't, it's 10 years old but mechanically is Neolithic

• Advertisement
Advertisement