Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo @ E3 2018 - News/Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nothing on Metroid 4?

Nope. Now, they did say they would focus on 2018 games but then proceeded to show Fire Emblem which is Spring 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

They only announced metroid 4 because they didn't want a repeat of federation force is the rumour.

Aka people freaking out about a non prime game in the series again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure they said there will be 3DS announcements during treehouse. Was treehouse last year that they announced Sanus Returns

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sligeach wrote: »
    Nope. Now, they did say they would focus on 2018 games but then proceeded to show Fire Emblem which is Spring 2019.

Unless they meant between this E3 and next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Disappointing enough Direct with the heavy Smash focus. I also think all the leaks in the last few weeks took away from the announcements that they did make.

If Fortnite hadn't been leaked in advance, the 'available today' announcement would have had a much bigger impact.

Not much to get excited about overall though anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pretty empty Direct overall. I know we were told about Smash being central but they definitely spent too long on it. Had a funny feeling Metroid wouldn't be shown or wouldn't get very much. Looks like the Yoshi delay is true, haven't seen it in ages. It'll be interesting to see if they mention about Metroid etc being absent. It's been interesting to see all the companies approaches towards E3 this year, it's clear to see it's no longer the 'announcement' central it used to be.

Daemon X Machina looked really good, some Armored Core vibes from it. Fire Emblem looks fantastic, probably pushed back a bit because of Smash I would guess. Smash itself sounds like a great way to bring fans of the different games and characters together in this edition. If someone didn't like Smash before today, no showing of the game would have ever changed that anyway. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it, holiday season will see monster sales with it's release date.

I don't think Nintendo did themselves any favours in how their E3 will be judged by holding back information of other titles in development. Directs throughout the year play a much bigger part now these days than E3 alone so it'll be interesting to see their approach in the next 6 months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As someone that played the first smash to death and have no interest in the game since then, that was an utter disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I was hoping to see a bit more and am a tad disappointed, between having a gaming PC/Laptop and a PS4 my Switch has not been even turned on in nearly 2 months, my 3DS has seen more action, I have no intention of selling it but it will probably not get much more use till some new exclusives come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gutted they didn't announce a mini console or anything unexpected. Hope they announce something out of the blue like Metroid on 3ds last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Why on earth they didn't tell Ubisoft to hold off the Just Dance on Wii announcement. It could have saved Nintendo's e3.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Let's go makes me excited for the next Pokémon though. It looks so nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just picked up Hollow Knight for €15, great price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why on earth they didn't tell Ubisoft to hold off the Just Dance on Wii announcement. It could have saved Nintendo's e3.

:eek:

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

After MS and Sony threw everything they had at the screen this year, to give the punters what they want, Nintendo seem to have rested.
    I mean, they owned last year, this year it just feels pitiful.
    Dang.
    No date for DS, no MP4, the only highlight was no Tennis!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think my Switch will be getting an upcoming rest for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

No release date for the switch version of the world ends with you either even though it should be out in the next few months.

Hollow night looks good though.

What on Earth were Nintendo at? That was a Direct, their E3 Direct and they spent half if not more than half talking about Smash Bros. Next to no new 3rd party games, the other half of the Direct was on games shown we've already known about, Captain Toad, Mario Tennis: Aces, Octopath, Dark Souls Remastered, FIFA 19. The leaks may have spoiled some but there was nothing huge. I think Nintendo showed 1 new game themselves, Mario Party. That series is in bits nowadays.

Nintendo may show off other surprises, but that Direct on its own was pants. I hope and expect Nintendo Treehouse Live will show off Yoshi. You can see on Treehouse Live what they consider their big games for the year, they started with Smash Bros., it's 7pm and they're still going through those 2 Pokemon games. You can argue that both Smash and Pokemon are somewhat ports.

Yoshi is on treehouse. A fan dressed up as him lining up for tennis smash.

Trinen has said in an interview that Metroid won't have any presence at E3 and will be shown off when they feel they have something substantial to show. Yoshi also won't be at E3 and will be shown later this year.

Oof, showing Fortnite...

• Advertisement

What on Earth were Nintendo at? That was a Direct, their E3 Direct and they spent half if not more than half talking about Smash Bros. Next to no new 3rd party games, the other half of the Direct was on games shown we've already known about, Captain Toad, Mario Tennis: Aces, Octopath, Dark Souls Remastered, FIFA 19. The leaks may have spoiled some but there was nothing huge. I think Nintendo showed 1 new game themselves, Mario Party. That series is in bits nowadays.

Nintendo may show off other surprises, but that Direct on its own was pants. I hope and expect Nintendo Treehouse Live will show off Yoshi. You can see on Treehouse Live what they consider their big games for the year, they started with Smash Bros., it's 7pm and they're still going through those 2 Pokemon games. You can argue that both Smash and Pokemon are somewhat ports.

I don't disagree with anything you've said.
    It was incredibly disappointing.
    And the 3rd party content is quite thin as well.
    All in all poor.

Fortnite just confirmed that the switch is capable of voice chat.

And via the mic port too!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No sign of Fortnite in the Irish eshop yet. I have credit there so I don't want to grab from USA.

Grabbing Hollow Knight though - bargain at €14.99.

Mr E wrote: »
    No sign of Fortnite in the Irish eshop yet. I have credit there so I don't want to grab from USA.

Fortnite will go live at 10pm in the UK/EU apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Mr E wrote: »

Out at 10pm

Confirmation that there'll be no Metroid Prime 4 at E3. :(

Nintendo On Metroid Prime 4's E3 2018 Absence

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2018/2018/06/12/nintendo-on-metroid-prime-4s-e3-2018-absence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

magnumbud wrote: »
    Out at 10pm

Showing now. Have it downloading. Must have went live at 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Tis out downloading now fairly long dlwd too

You know what we've missed today? Well a lot. No Metroid Prime 4, no Pikmin 4, no Yoshi, no Shin Megami Tensei V, no Bayonetta 3.....

Sorry, I got distracted. What I meant to say is we still haven't heard so much as a squeak from Retro Studios. What the hell have they been doing for the past 4 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You know what we've missed today? Well a lot. No Metroid Prime 4, no Pikmin 4, no Yoshi, no Shin Megami Tensei V, no Bayonetta 3.....

Sorry, I got distracted. What I meant to say is we still haven't heard so much as a squeak from Retro Studios. What the hell have they been doing for the past 4 years?

Well look at it this way, if Nintendo had of had a great E3 you wouldn't have had anything to complain about ;)

Advertisement