Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo @ E3 2018 - News/Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sligeach wrote: »
    Rumor: Alleged Nintendo E3 Leak, Fortnite, F-Zero, & Punch-Out On Switch
    A photo of two printed lists shared on Facebook suggest that Nintendo at E3 could involved a port of the popular Fortnite, a triumphant return of F-Zero, and a new Punch Out game.

nintedo-rumor-list-of-games-for-e3-2.jpg
    This sounds believable for a few reasons, not least because of Nintendo updating several trademarks lately.

While it may sound believable, that is a fake for sure. Nintendo NEVER have their logo without the registered trademark mark on it.

NINTENDO®

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fire Emblem developers is Intelligent Systems, not Intelligent System.

Little flaws give it away.

I doubt Nintendo are going to produce a schedule without proof reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    Fire Emblem developers is Intelligent Systems, not Intelligent System.

Little flaws give it away.

I doubt Nintendo are going to produce a schedule without proof reading it.

Varying use of single / double spacing in the middle column smacks of amateurism too. For example:

Metriod Prime: Renegade|Trailer/Gameplay__footage
    Fortnite|Trailer/Gameplay_footage

Can't even copy and paste correctly!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Varying use of single / double spacing in the middle column smacks of amateurism too. For example:

Metriod Prime: Renegade|Trailer/Gameplay__footage
    Fortnite|Trailer/Gameplay_footage

Can't even copy and paste correctly!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

I don't believe the schedule is fake due to sloppy typing - an internal document could easily have this. Nintendo workers are humans too!

I don't believe that the schedule is real because it is just too perfect. All of the most hyped games at the same time? Nahh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Don't understand why Star Fox keeps getting second chances
    Good games : Star Fox. Star Fox 64
    **** games : All of the other ones with Star Fox in the title.

F-Zero languishes in the corner though, despite batting 4 for 4 (arcade games notwithstanding, which may also be awesome), having a far more diverse cast of characters and scope for all sorts of interesting tangents (that there isn't already a Captain Falcon fighting / Dance-Off game with a dedicated old school 6 button + stick arcade controller that doubles as a room-flooding IR emitter for when you gots to 'show him yo' moves' is one of the greatest white-people-tragedies of our time)

• Resident Evil 2 remake. Switch exclusive. Middle finger to everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I'd like to see a new F-Zero game, after being in the shadows for 14 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Resident Evil 2 remake. Switch exclusive. Middle finger to everyone else.

Capcom won't do that, they'd lose way to much money excluding PS and Xbox owners.

• Advertisement

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    Capcom won't do that, they'd lose way to much money excluding PS and Xbox owners.

I think you you are right but I'm harping back to the days of the GameCube.

I'd love if Nintendo grabbed the rights like they did with the RE1 remake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For me the handy thing is an N64, SNES and a GC weren't terribly expensive and the key games for each means I can play Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox and F-Zero GX any time I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

My only prediction for Nintendo's E3 is too much smash bros. and not enough anything else.

Very few western third party games despite the sales of the console.

Treehouse will be great and end too early. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The latest E3 leak suggests Switch versions of Fortnite and Dragon Ball FighterZ
    We're confident in this one

https://www.destructoid.com/the-latest-e3-leak-suggests-switch-versions-of-fortnite-and-dragon-ball-fighterz-505575.phtml
    DejJQ2nXkAI7Ecg.jpg

Nothing wildly exciting. Most of this is either confirmed or has been heavily rumoured. To me, the only real surprises are Undercooked 2, though it would make sense, but the main one is Killer Queen Black, I've never heard of it before and Googling it results in nothing. Maybe Destructoid have and that's why they believe this rumour.

I found this for Killer Queen.

Killer Queen arcade game complete tutorial

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nRzCpzZ_CXg

Maybe Black is the sequel. Its logo looks a little like that in the leaked photo.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYZyvcxvybfACet4t9TcXhlSxDNJyyuYFOAvlvrRr_Dnhn34mddQ

I think I'm really stretching though, no way could this be the game, surely not. And centred amongst all the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Killer Queen is a multiplayer (10 player) arcade strategy game. It gained quite a bit of traction a few years ago in indie circles when the arcade machine was released. It'll be interesting to see what form it'll take.

Some exciting titles there, even if they have been rumoured in the past. Fortnite and Paladins will catapult Nintendo into the battle royale and team shooter genres. Destructoid seem to be awful close to the line with the way they reported the 'leak', it's definitely quite close to NDA territory. It's only a partial playable list for the show floor, only likely to be part of what's to be announced.

Kotaku have also weighed in and said that it's real.

https://kotaku.com/new-leak-suggests-that-fortnite-is-coming-to-switch-1826468199

Fortnight will be huge on Switch (especially with mobile hotspot).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Fifa 19 already? jesus Christ

Fifa 19 already? jesus Christ

It won't be out until the end of September. That's when they come out every year.

• Advertisement

Looks like a Direct at E3, Switch Only. Maybe only games from this year too? (so maybe no Metroid or Pokemon 2019)

The time is 5pm our time on Tuesday.

Translation: "Nintendo Direct: E3 2018" will be broadcast from 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 13. It introduces the Nintendo switch title which will be released in 2018, such as the Super Smash Bros. (tentative name)."

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/1003970139400761345

"One week to go! Tune in to our Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 video presentation on 12/06, 17:00 BST to get a look at #NintendoSwitch titles for 2018, including the recently announced Super #SmashBros game. #NintendoE3"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sakurai confirmed on Twitter that he will be introducing something, Smash most probably of course. I wonder how long until we see his other project he has been working on. He posted up early drawings of mechs and a sword ages ago. Would love to see him revisit Kid Icarus again though, that game was a gem. It seems unlikely though with his reluctance for sequels and how taxing Smash is to make for him.

Konami will have 2 games at E3 for the Switch.

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=4XTDjeQv

Action/Adventure > Nintendo Switch
    Compilations > Nintendo Switch

If I was to guess at the compilation, maybe it'll be a port of Konami Arcade Classics. I'll be interested to see what the Action/Adventure game is, Metal Gear, Castlevania?

sligeach wrote: »
    Konami will have 2 games at E3 for the Switch.

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=4XTDjeQv

Action/Adventure > Nintendo Switch
    Compilations > Nintendo Switch

If I was to guess at the compilation, maybe it'll be a port of Konami Arcade Classics. I'll be interested to see what the Action/Adventure game is, Metal Gear, Castlevania?

According to those who know more than I about these things, which is a pretty wide net I'll say, the Metal Gear titles to have are not the Famicom games but it's appearance on the MSX.
    But an appearance by Symphony of the Night should be welcomed, if it's on the way, though a new title might be preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Metal Gear to justify Snake being in Smash. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If its was a MGS compilation, would it just be the HD Collection again? Doubt would see MGS4 make its way to any other system (and heard it was coded purely for PS3 so porting is a nightmare).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Is there any chance of mgs 5? It was not super demabding on pc if I remember correctly.
    A man can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Metal Gear to justify Snake being in Smash. :)

YES! YES! YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Is there any chance of mgs 5? It was not super demabding on pc if I remember correctly.
    A man can dream.

I'd imagine almost anything that ran on ps3/xbox 360 last gen would be fine on Switch. Whether Konami are willing to port it or not is another matter entirely though.

Advertisement