Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo @ E3 2018 - News/Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smash Bros/Tennis.
    Bugger.
    See you all for E3 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    YES! YES! YES!

86528874.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Smash Bros/Tennis.
    Bugger.
    See you all for E3 2019!

That's not the content of E3, as such. That's the schedule of what's happening at the Nintendo New York store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Ya, thems what's playable at NYC, they usually do loads more at E3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hopes:
    New Smash with proper adventure mode more akin to Melee or Brawl than the ****ty Wii U board game.
    Pokemon Switch
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    Mario Maker Switch version, heavily updated from Wii U (f*** the 3DS version)
    F Zero along the lines of GX
    Mario Rugby/NFL/Cricket/some sport he hasn't chanced his arm at yet, for a full house. Hey, why not? Mario Poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Oh and a Mini N64

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'd love a GameBoy Classic of some description!

Is the old "look at our new firmware" thing that ms and Sony used to do out of fashion now?

I'd imagine there's going to be a decent update for September to give errors about needing to pay for online in games we already can.

They could spend some time on that, themes maybe. If they bring the app features in to the os, etc.

Metroid unplayable, Mario maker for Christmas, other obvious stuff.

I wonder if we'll see arms dlc or if it's a dead franchise now.

EA Play Live Press Conference 2018. Featuring Anthem, Battlefield 5, EA SPORTS and more…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw16v3oGXso

It starts in about half an hour. Let's see if they announce anything for Switch. Nintendo might ask EA to hold off, so that they can pad out their own Direct regarding 3rd party support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

EA have a special talent for having boring conferences even if games within may be good.

Nothing announced for Switch, not that I think anything was expected.

Some of the rumours from the past few weeks/months (that haven't officially leaked or been announced):

Starfox Racing (looks certain at this stage)
    Castlevania (New and/or collection)
    Port of New Super Mario Bros U.
    Some sort of Fallout remaster.
    Call of Duty of some kind.
    Metroid Trilogy HD.
    Retro's game/s.
    Wave Race return.

Also interesting rumours, if even that, that Yoshi is delayed quite a bit.

My left field wants are Prey and Wonderful 101 ports.

Should be a good week for gaming though. I have a feeling Microsoft will have a strong conference later and will have a few good surprises. Bethesda later have promised a few surprises too.

Corholio wrote: »
    Retro's game/s.

Gamexplain mentioned retro had a game cancelled, so I'm not sure we'll see anything from them.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Gamexplain mentioned retro had a game cancelled, so I'm not sure we'll see anything from them.

Probably not 2 games yes. Starfox Racing is too heavily rumoured not to exist I would say though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD....
    The world could end and I would be satisfied to have such a thing upon my Switch, such terrible glorious beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Metroid Prime Trilogy HD....
    The world could end and I would be satisfied to have such a thing upon my Switch, such terrible glorious beauty.

Same

I think Nintendo will announce a Miiverse like service, that will tie in to games more comprehensively. Like in Super Mario Maker but it can be used right across the board. It'll be used in conjunction with your phone, got to make that crap setup seem better. And it'll be included in the online fee. Miiverse was killed to give some breathing room before the new service is announced, this one won't be free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In related news, I'm exhausted from the Xbox conference. Exclusives and World Premiere overload. They are absolutely killing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »
    In related news, I'm exhausted from the Xbox conference. Exclusives and World Premiere overload. They are absolutely killing it.

Linky Fox looks awesome.

They might still have more left but I was expecting more exclusives from them, only the Ninja Theory acquisition has been a big surprise so far imo. Lot of 'exclusive/world premiere's' they've shown are multi plat. Enjoying the trailer after trailer format though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Brilliant showing from them I thought.

No fallout 3 remastered for switch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Or for anyone :)

Maybe, just maybe, it's being saved for Nintendo themselves to announce it?

(Question : who announced the ports of Skyrim and Doom?)

Nintendo, though Skyrim had been heavily rumoured iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We got Fallout Shelter....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ERG89 wrote: »
    We got Fallout Shelter....

I gave it a quick go this morning. It's an okay game, but I think mobile suits it better.

Nothing that appealed to me, but I get it was a good showing for people who like the third party sequel train.

But was it good for Xbox themselves? Not many actual exclusives for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'm starting to get the feeling that the switch is very outdated already!

• Advertisement

I'm starting to get the feeling that the switch is very outdated already!
    Will be interesting to see if we get doom 2.

Advertisement