Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo @ E3 2018 - News/Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'm starting to get the feeling that the switch is very outdated already!

It was before it even came out. People expecting a lot of third party support tomorrow are in for a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »
    The latest E3 leak suggests Switch versions of Fortnite and Dragon Ball FighterZ
    We're confident in this one

https://www.destructoid.com/the-latest-e3-leak-suggests-switch-versions-of-fortnite-and-dragon-ball-fighterz-505575.phtml
    DejJQ2nXkAI7Ecg.jpg

Nothing wildly exciting. Most of this is either confirmed or has been heavily rumoured. To me, the only real surprises are Undercooked 2, though it would make sense, but the main one is Killer Queen Black, I've never heard of it before and Googling it results in nothing. Maybe Destructoid have and that's why they believe this rumour.

That bingo card above is as good as full. Overcooked 2 was listed for Switch but quickly yanked by an American retailers. They had a 7th August release date.

http://us1america.com/index.php/products/video-games/overcooked-2-nsw-new.html

The image was/is real so. Just Killer Queen Black and Dragon Ball FighterZ left to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Third party support is often judged on quite specific games, Assassins Creed, COD, Fifa etc etc and if one or not all is present some will entirely judge on that regardless of other games that may not 'interest' them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ah here ffs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Definitely the worst hybrid console I've ever used.

Also, the best one.

And... the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Indies, the odd third party and Nintendo exclusives. Can't expect much more than that realistically. Y'all need multiple platforms!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Corholio wrote: »
    Third party support is often judged on quite specific games, Assassins Creed, COD, Fifa etc etc and if one or not all is present some will entirely judge on that regardless of other games that may not 'interest' them.

Or any square enix game.

Octopath traveller is what we need more of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not a constructive or helpful post at all.
    Come on now.
    Other games forums are swamped with negative posts, let's try and be a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Plus, it's complete bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I have to say that I have never seen so much negativity (replace negativity with **** talk) about a console from some of its owners.(you know who ye are)

Yeah, by all means you can speak your mind about how disappointed you are about the hardware or whatever but this repetitive themed crap gets very old, very fast.

You would imagine that if something disappointed someone so much that they would just sell it or move on and find something else to satisfy their Nintendo void. Instead it's just a stream of the same, week after week.

Its not on any other console sub forum here. It's pretty unique to the Nintendo Switch sub forum in fairness.

I've my fair share of consoles and games and I didn't buy the switch to compete with higher end hardware. If someone wants it to be a One X or PS Pro, or Gaming PC, well that says more about them than the deficit in they see in the Switch.

Yeah we would all like everything to be higher spec, faster, etc but seriously, the switch does what it does really well. It's a fantastic hybrid console and performs well within the niche it occupies.

Seriously though, is there any reason to continually harp on negatively about the console and constantly snipe at it? If it's that crap, sell it, buy something else that makes you happier.

Life is too short to be that unhappy with your purchase but life is also too short to read the negativity headlines against a console on here.

On the plus side its great to hear opinions on games or soft supports, etc :)

No doubt I'll get flack for saying it but it's actually so old to see the same **** being spouted all the time.

Happy E3 to those of you who enjoy it. For those of you don't, Happy E3 anyway.

Mods, remove, move or delete this if you want. I maybe even on the wrong Nintendo thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well Golf Story and Yooka Lay-lee coming to physical release from Limited run games. GS in September and YL in August

Quite a few other games but those are the big ones.

Ubisoft E3 2018 Conference

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vHYtD8jWMTo

It's starting now and if any 3rd party is to have good Switch announcements I'd expect it to be Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ever think of buying something else? They would fill all of your needs. Madness to buy a console you don't like.

Starting off with some lame Just Dance crap introduction I presume.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is on screen now. Probably no way coming to Switch from the footage.

It finished with a shot of Jade. Awesome!

Trials Rising is coming to Switch in February 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nice. Trials coming to Switch. Fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is on screen now. Probably no way coming to Switch from the footage.

Companies are already looking next gen already which is a bigger worry.

Trials is a great fit for switch, pity bout the analogue triggers though. :(

Something Mario+Rabbids related looks to be up next.

• Advertisement

Just playing some music to celebrate the upcoming Donkey Kong DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Good. About time if true. A web browser would be far more functional.

Starfox in Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Corholio wrote: »
    Starfox in Starlink: Battle for Atlas.
    How cool was that reveal, just as she was asking for help I was having dena vu of Skippy asking for help in SF64 and bam... Starfox Logo.

First proper buzz of E3, ubisoft does it again,even if it's just a way to promote sales on switch. Limited Switch Edition with SF ship and bits too.

With Mario, DK, and now Starfox, what game they developing for 2019? Ubisoft the new Rare/Retro 😀

It also explains where the planned Arwing amiibo went to. Looks like it was cancelled to allow Ubisoft to incorporate it into Starlink. Nice surprise, and one I'm glad didn't get leaked.

It was down to child safety concerns regarding the Arwing amiibo.
    WHY WE AREN'T GETTING A STAR FOX ARWING AMIIBO
    Taking wing damage....

Despite building multiple prototypes, Nintendo producer Shigeru Miyamoto told IGN why an Arwing amiibo will not launch alongside Star Fox Zero next month.

“Unfortunately, we won’t be releasing an Arwing amiibo,” Miyamoto said in a translated interview. “We did have a few prototypes. There was an Arwing amiibo that transforms into the Walker, but we weren’t able to turn that into a product that could meet safety guidelines for children.”

We first heard Miyamoto hoped to build an Arwing amiibo back at E3 2014, the same year he announced his role as producer for the new Star Fox game. Last year, he told us that Nintendo was experimenting with an Arwing amiibo prototype that could transform from ship to a bipedal Walker mode.

“We had to give up on that idea, but maybe we’ll do something with it in the future. Who knows,” Miyamoto said.

http://ign.com/articles/2016/03/04/why-we-arent-getting-a-star-fox-arwing-amiibo

I had no Hope's I'd like much Nintendo this years E3 tbh as no interest in smash or pokemon. But I was hoping to give some love to 3rd party stuff games and already delighted to see what ubisoft is doing. I can see myself getting ubisoft's DK DLC and Starlink now too. Also gonna get Doom and Wolfenstein later in the year.

This looks like decent effort to be fair.
    www.jpeg

Makes me wonder if tomorrow's direct has surprises in store if ubisoft can keep SF secret maybe Nintendo have too, heck gimme that SF racer!

Switch got very little from this E3 from Ubisoft. The only new game is Trials Rising. To be fair, much of what they showed was at last years E3. But we're not getting the majority of their games. Just Dance is muck in my opinion, it's coming to Wii and Wii U. Starlink: Battle for Atlas we knew about last year, a Star Fox cameo and some toys changes nothing for me. And they showed of the Donkey Kong DLC in Mario+Rabbids which we already knew about.

Best hope Beyond Good & Evil 2 is some years away from release and the Switch successor is out or an updated version can run it. Otherwise, wave goodbye. Plus no Assassin's Creed Odyssey, no The Division 2, no The Crew 2, No Skull & Bones, no For Honor, no Transference, no Rainbow Siege 6. There was talk of a new Splinter Cell showing up at the conference, but it was probably best not to show it. Assassin's Creed Odyssey was the main billing and BG&E2 at the start, their show didn't need it and it could have overshadowed some of their main games. That, without seeing it, too, probably won't come to Switch.

• Advertisement

Switch got very little from this E3 from Ubisoft.

Ya but they dont solely makes games for 1 console, so expected some AAA will skip switch. it's not like if they brought any of the other titles to Switch that we would even want them, me personally I loved BGE2 trailer and I'd get it for Switch but if its X1/PS4 then I'll get it on those consoles 1 more big hitter would been nice but we got Rabbits a fab game last year and again was an Switch Exclusive!! If Ubisoft can bring us another big hitter next year and I'd be happy, they have a great partnership going on at present.

You dont see ubisoft doing X1 or PS exclusives, so why not be happy for once bar the constant state of letdown for something u dont even own!
    We all have limited funds and Switch has plenty of content out there it doesn't need every 3rd party support.

EA are bringing the first sequel since days of Wii even. Fifa 19 and I'd actually rather the switch version. It's a great game and I'd gone off fifa for years.

Bethesda brought some big hitters, ports or wot not hich I haven't played them before so looking fwd to other 3rd party doing switch versions as install base grows.

Bring on The Direct tomorrow. Hopefully something for all, your self included. What would make u chuffed in Direct out of interest? Any fav franchise on the wish list?

Advertisement