Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo @ E3 2018 - News/Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

All of those Ubisoft games were all announced already before E3, the whole 'not coming to Switch' was already known. The one new title shown (Trials), unless I'm forgetting something, is coming to Switch. As a showcase for new games (whether for Switch or not) it was quite disappointing, much like Square Enix's show. Skull and Bones looks really good, that is one I'd have liked to have seen on Switch, which is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    Plus no Assassin's Creed Odyssey, no The Division 2, no The Crew 2, No Skull & Bones, no For Honor, no Transference, no Rainbow Siege 6.

The Switch couldn't run those. At best they would be a shell of the true experience. No point playing a half baked version when there are better ways to play them elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Splatoon 2 World Championships

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    All of those Ubisoft games were all announced already before E3, the whole 'not coming to Switch' was already known. The one new title shown (Trials), unless I'm forgetting something, is coming to Switch. As a showcase for new games (whether for Switch or not) it was quite disappointing, much like Square Enix's show. Skull and Bones looks really good, that is one I'd have liked to have seen on Switch, which is unlikely.

I did say that much of what was shown, was at last years E3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey was new though.

kevin2me wrote: »
    Bring on The Direct tomorrow. Hopefully something for all, your self included. What would make u chuffed in Direct out of interest? Any fav franchise on the wish list?

I was saying yesterday that the Tales of Vesperia announcement for Switch is brilliant and could be the best news unless Nintendo show off something that's a surprise from what's already known or rumoured about. I know Vesperia is a port but I'll make an exception and it's a remaster with proper effort.

As for what I'd like to see from them, well unfortunately we can't get new Zelda games every year. Actually, I just remembered a rumour, a Zelda: Link's Awakening remake, though I'm not sure if it was for 3DS only, hopefully not. I'm interested in seeing footage of Metroid Prime 4, I would prefer it mix 1st and 3rd person perspectives. A new Luigi's Mansion would be great, as too a new F-Zero. I loved Yoshi's Woolly World, this new Yoshi is from the same guys, so I'm looking forward to more of that. Maybe a new Mario Golf, Toadstool Tour on Gamecube was great. I don't really care for Tennis(the Gamecube version was fun), especially after Ultra Smash and they're kind of the same, whereas you've new courses in Golf. I'll be watching to see what 3rd parties announce as much as Nintendo themselves. There's no more excuses for why they haven't committed or why it's largely old ports. Oh ya, Pikmin 4. Where art thou?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Nice one Sligeach now that's a good reply. I know nothing of Vesperia I get lost with all that Jap heavy out there games but cant wait for Octopath the demo was charming and pretty.

Couldn't agree more on the list.

I'd prefer Mario golf too, those GB Camelot golfs sucked me in, the hours I'd lost. The fact ur walking around talking to folks was what made it.

I'd like Metroid Trilogy ride me over MP4, Advance Wars, Pikmin 4 as we have gone long enuf waiting for those. Id love Mario sunshine remake or HD, something about Odesssy I cant warm too, Zelda is far better.
    I'd reckon Platiium have major game tomoro bayonetta 3 or otherwise.

I wonder will they surprise us we some new party game or Wii Fit type of thing too? Luigi Mansion 3, or a Luigi spin off would be great. I could see them coming out with Ubisoft or Retro too with Starfox racing or something we didnt see coming.

I think 2019 but much bigger year than 2018 will theyll have exhausted all ports and had time to work on new stuff, Mario/zelda now out means more resources for new stuff.

The rumours about Platinum having another game for Switch (they did sort of confirm it ages ago) would always be interesting. This slight Viewtiful Joe chatter would be fantastic, I've missed that franchise. The Castlevania talk is interesting but always wary of a Capcom catch. Metroid Prime Trilogy would be great to have on Switch if it was true. The New Super Mario Bros U rumour would be quite mediocre but would probably still sell a lot. I can't think of any 'megaton' announcements I could realistically want. I would say F-Zero but the Star Fox Racing rumour would take that spot. I just want a good amount of games really like they have produced in recent Directs with a few surprises. Golf Story coming physical as well was a nice, if expected announcement.

I have a feeling we mightn't see all that much of Prime 4 tomorrow, I think it might still be a bit away from release. Looking forward to seeing Fire Emblem, Smash, Star Fox Racing (if true), Fortnite, Paladins, Bayonetta possibly and hopefully Shin Megami Tensai V. Possible Mario Odyssey DLC? The rumoured COD title? Ports like Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage etc? The long rumoured GTA V?

I'm thinking there won't be too much shown that I'll be interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Gonna go far out on this one,but I would love the older final fantasys to be ported over,the ability to play pokemon heart gold and some older titles and I'll throw silent hill and mgs collection in there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm thinking there won't be too much shown that I'll be interested in

No more WiiU ports to pad the release schedule and just clear up what the Virtual Console is going forward.
    I dont expect much though if it is focusing on 2018. I think we'll see a Wonderful 101 port & at least 1 more WiiU port maybe NSMB or Xenoblade 2. A lack of new third party games which is either good or bad depending on how you feel about them & no Metroid Prime as it's not coming this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's going to have a to be a couple of surprises in the Direct, fingers crossed.
    When does it kick off?
    17:00?
    Excellent.
    I'll be in the car and unable to watch!
    Bugger!

You know, Miyamoto was up on Ubisoft's stage again last night, like last year. I'm thinking they're very cosy at the minute, Ubisoft and Nintendo, even though there's not really a whole lot going on other than Mario+Rabbids plus other bits and pieces.

But anyway, on to a prediction, Rayman as a character in the Smash Bros. game, with maybe Rabbids used for a final Smash. Remember how Ubisoft screwed Wii U owners with Rayman Legends? Well, now that Switch is doing better, they might try to make amends for that and announce a new Rayman game for Switch with timed exclusivity. Whatever happens, I'm sure Ubisoft have something for Switch owners.

ZombiU 2, that would run into issues because the Wii U gamepad offered unique possibilities. The U would have to be dropped as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think this is Nintendos E3 to win, again. EA were shocking, Microsoft were pretty good, if unspectacular, where Sony just seems to show a bit more of what we already had. The UbiSoft conference wasn't too bad, though confused as to how Assassins Creed: Origins can have a prequel to the origin story!

I'm expecting Fortnite, the worst kept secret in a long time, and I'm hopeful that we will see something with regards to older GameCube/Wii games. I'd love to be able to play all Zelda games on the Switch, plus the Mario ones too.

ZombiU 2, that would run into issues because the Wii U gamepad offered unique possibilities. The U would have to be dropped as well.

Zombi was released on other systems so it can be done. Though players said it was better on Wii U because of the gamepad.

Should get home before 5 so will get to watch anyway. I hope

Expectations need to be kept in check because it'll be 90% 2018 stuff with probably short mentions of stuff further beyond, like they did with Metroid last year. Most stuff that's already expected soon-ish (Smash, Fire Emblem, Fortnite etc) will be big titles and stuff that's also been mentioned that's further off (Bayonetta, Prime 4) will be great to look forward to. Will be some surprises thrown in I'm guessing with 3rd parties and possibly a Mario spin off game (Mario Party?) of some kind perhaps, those are usually announced out of nowhere.

I'm interested to see if Platinum and Capcom turn up, the rumours around those are pretty intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Remember how Ubisoft screwed Wii U owners with Rayman Legends?

What was the story here then? How did they screw them, poorer version or something?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What was the story here then? How did they screw them, poorer version or something?

I think it was an exclusive at one stage....if putting it on other systems is screwing Nintendo I don't understand it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Bring on The Direct tomorrow. Hopefully something for all, your self included. What would make u chuffed in Direct out of interest? Any fav franchise on the wish list?

I'd like to see what Smash looks like on the Switch. Not much longer now.

It was exclusive, yeah, and due for release during the launch window but they held off the release by a number of months in order to create versions for the other systems.
    So while they could've at least given Nintendo a timed exclusive, they didn't and released for all consoles simultaneously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It was exclusive, yeah, and due for release during the launch window but they held off the release by a number of months in order to create versions for the other systems.
    So while they could've at least given Nintendo a timed exclusive, they didn't and released for all consoles simultaneously

Worse on top of that is they made the devs do 6 months of 12 hour days to meet the wiiu launch and then delayed it 6 months just before the release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

amadablam wrote: »
    I have to say that I have never seen so much negativity (replace negativity with **** talk) about a console from some of its owners.(you know who ye are)

Yeah, by all means you can speak your mind about how disappointed you are about the hardware or whatever but this repetitive themed crap gets very old, very fast.

You would imagine that if something disappointed someone so much that they would just sell it or move on and find something else to satisfy their Nintendo void. Instead it's just a stream of the same, week after week.

Its not on any other console sub forum here. It's pretty unique to the Nintendo Switch sub forum in fairness.

I've my fair share of consoles and games and I didn't buy the switch to compete with higher end hardware. If someone wants it to be a One X or PS Pro, or Gaming PC, well that says more about them than the deficit in they see in the Switch.

Yeah we would all like everything to be higher spec, faster, etc but seriously, the switch does what it does really well. It's a fantastic hybrid console and performs well within the niche it occupies.

Seriously though, is there any reason to continually harp on negatively about the console and constantly snipe at it? If it's that crap, sell it, buy something else that makes you happier.

Life is too short to be that unhappy with your purchase but life is also too short to read the negativity headlines against a console on here.

On the plus side its great to hear opinions on games or soft supports, etc :)

No doubt I'll get flack for saying it but it's actually so old to see the same **** being spouted all the time.

Happy E3 to those of you who enjoy it. For those of you don't, Happy E3 anyway.

Mods, remove, move or delete this if you want. I maybe even on the wrong Nintendo thread :D

I personally, if I'm included in that lot, talk "negatively" about it because I know Nintendo can do better, and I'm disappointed.

Saying just sell it isn't an answer. Did you sell your Wii because of the perceived shovelware? No, you bought the games you liked.
    How cool was that reveal, just as she was asking for help I was having dena vu of Skippy asking for help in SF64 and bam... Starfox Logo.

First proper buzz of E3, ubisoft does it again,even if it's just a way to promote sales on switch. Limited Switch Edition with SF ship and bits too.

With Mario, DK, and now Starfox, what game they developing for 2019? Ubisoft the new Rare/Retro 😀

I saw the little radar screen change and thought it looked familiar, then I heard the little stardock(?) noise and Star fox didn't enter my mind, I was like R.O.B.? What? Only when they started showing the fox model did I understand. It was a great reveal. Star fox is one of my favourite franchises.

I expect 2 Wii U ports will be announced. They shouldn't need any more than that for the Direct and have enough other Switch titles to fill it. Metroid 4 despite being at least a year away has to be shown to abate the insatiable appetite for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't think much of Daemon X Machina.... new game though (unleaked) so bodes well for the possibility of more surprises.

I hate you Reggie.

I hope the focus isn't mostly on Pokemon and Smash.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Mario Party. :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well that multi screen thing is pretty cool

They must be keeping the good stuff for later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

They must be keeping the good stuff for later.

do you ever chill out?

Advertisement