Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018/2019 pt2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

We’ve won 2 out of 12 away games in 2018, all competitions.

omega man wrote: »
    We’ve won 2 out of 12 away games in 2018, all competitions.

Absolutely awful record. Horrendous stuff.

Oh I forgot Man City's vast fortune would prevent us collecting points at places like Bournemouth and Swansea. Silly me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think this thread might actually have been better when we had the gay lad telling us about getting his hole on away trips.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yes but wailing about a whole year is much more dramatic than what actually happened - 6 games, with several European away wins in between.

Why stop there? I'm pretty sure we lead at half time in many games this season. What an amazing achievement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I think this thread might actually have been better when we had the gay lad telling us about getting his hole on away trips.

Whatever happened to him? Did he get hounded out by the baying mob or did something else happen?

• Advertisement

He must have returned to his home planet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If I could thank this 100 times I would!

Whatever happened to him? Did he get hounded out by the baying mob or did something else happen?

Someone made a complaint.

>.>

<.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah one of the only Wengerites left.
    You'd defend him even if he got us relegated. Pathetic.

Mod: Cut this **** out tayto. No more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ere his posts were brilliant. He'd be bitching about losing 5-1 to Bayern then the last line would read something along the lines of "but at least I got the ride off a very nice man I met on Tinder :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Delighted for stoke.

Finally... That's an almost guaranteed loss next season off the cards now. Although away to Stoke would have been a good yardstick for how the new boss has changed the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Delighted for stoke.

Amen to that

Bye bye stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Seeing Ryan Shawcross face on Sky after Stoke are relegated has made my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im not usually bothered by who goes down in general but Im so happy to see the back of Stoke.
    The stick Ramsey has got there down the years has never made sense to me and they can bog off and enjoy the championship next season. Hopefully we wont see them in the top flight anytime soon

It's unbelievably irritating that that Jese fella who scored to beat us one nil there never scored for them again and was actually released from his loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, great day really.

I didn't really have a problem with Stoke being an ugly, physical side: that is as much a part of football too as the free flowing beautiful stuff and if they bullied Arsenal, that, to me anyway, just showed how fragile and mentally weak that Arsenal side really were.

What made me hate them was how they booed Ramsey everytime he touched the ball. What absolute knuckle dragging stuff.

Stoke always remind me of that conversation they had on The Tuesday Club a few years back.

"How can these fans look at themselves in the mirror?"

"They don't have mirrors in Stoke. They're afraid of them."

Or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Pity not on tv for the farewell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pity not on tv for the farewell.

Did we not see enough all season?
    The farewell will be a standing ovation for what he achieved years ago not for his performances in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Did we not see enough all season?
    The farewell will be a standing ovation for what he achieved years ago not for his performances in recent times.

Exactly.

Which is why I’d like to see it.
    Actually sky showing it at 630.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

FFS I wish he was gone already so we wouldn’t have to read the same old tiresome bullshít page after page on here. He’s leaving ffs, give over!!!

L'prof wrote: »
    FFS I wish he was gone already so we wouldn’t have to read the same old tiresome bullshít page after page on here. He’s leaving ffs, give over!!!
    Patience now. It's nearly over.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭emmetlego

L'prof wrote: »

Well, while I'm delighted he's finishing up, some of us are very respectful for what he achieved for the club and us supporters and want to see him get a fitting send off. If that annoys you reading it here, then why read it?

I look forward to seeing the send off. I'm sure there's a foreign channel showing it that we can hook into.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Well, while I'm delighted he's finishing up, some of us are very respectful for what he achieved for the club and us supporters and want to see him get a fitting send off. If that annoys you reading it here, then why read it?

I look forward to seeing the send off. I'm sure there's a foreign channel showing it that we can hook into.

I think he's saying stop whining about the past couple of years, the man is moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I think he's saying stop whining about the past couple of years, the man is moving on.

His failures and achievements should go hand in hand imo.

I think his failures shouldn't be forgotten and that's my worry that's they be white washed from the history books. I respect anyone who Clap's and respect the man today, personally I'm past the point at this time with Wenger. Maybe in years to come I might soften on him and respect what he's done. But right now, I still have a lot of anger towards him.

But I'm looking forward to the future, and that's the major positive from all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

emmetlego wrote: »

He's leaving. You'd have thought that the moaning would cease. Obviously Not!

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    He's leaving. You'd have thought that the moaning would cease. Obviously Not!

Buckle your seatbelt for the next few years.

That's all I'm saying.

That's all I'm saying.

That's my fear too. But we needed to change a long time ago as it became apparent that we were sliding away. We can only hope that Mislintat, Gazidas and the team can pick the right man. As long as we see improvements, be they gradual or not, I'll be happy.

We were talking about it over coffee this morning, we both agreed that even a few steps backward would be expected but by season end we would start to see things take shape. That's the goal anyway... Unless the man that comes is the new Arsene and we turn to winners right away.

The championship always serves up drama on the last day. Cardiff promoted and bolton survived with very late goals.

Football always seems better on a sunny summers day!

Just realised though the arsenal game is not on sky ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The championship always serves up drama on the last day. Cardiff promoted and bolton survived with very late goals.

Football always seems better on a sunny summers day!

Just realised though the arsenal game is not on sky ffs.
    I heard that sky are going live to the ground from 6.30

Looking forward to seeing Mavropanos again. Looks a great prospect.

What’s the story with Özil?

• Advertisement

Supposedly a slight back issue.

Can't say he's been great since he signed that contract. Missed plenty of one off games too.

He was sensational against CSKA at home.

Come on Arsenal.

Hammer these and give the man a decent send off

Stands look full thanks be to Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

This is on CNBC, a news channel, if you're in the US

• Advertisement

Early holidays again it seems. Happens regularly.
    The man has it easy at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Early holidays again it seems. Happens regularly.
    The man has it easy at Arsenal.

Who doesn't? the fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Keown was right!!!

That's all I'm saying.

Indeed. I agree. It took us too long to replace him. Should have happened years ago.

The young Greek CB looked very good last week, hope he keeps it up.

Xhaka with a risky pass back into the middle just outside the box again. He’d drive ya mad.

Yes! Get in.

Iwobi's having a bit of a stormer today.

Good stuff.

And that’s why Lacazette and Aubameyang should always start together.

Some clownshow there between Iwobi and Bellerin...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement