Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018/2019 pt2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Beating Burnley at home now should be enough to finish 6th, and avoid starting a Europa League campaign in July.

Phew! Gives Eddie Howe a chance to get used to the place then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Who do we all see taking over?

I'd say it's Enrique but the hubby reckons it's Eddie Howe or somebody like that, not a proven winner. Whoever it is, it will be a fairly poor enough first season or so, the club has been under the iron Wenger fist for so long now it's going to be a difficult turn around.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Who do we all see taking over?

I'd say it's Enrique but the hubby reckons it's Eddie Howe or somebody like that, not a proven winner. Whoever it is, it will be a fairly poor enough first season or so, the club has been under the iron Wenger fist for so long now it's going to be a difficult turn around.

I wouldnt say no to Enrique although one of Jardim, Simeone or Allegri would be my dream choice or if all came to all, Ancelloti as the 'Bruce Rioch of 2018' if we couldnt get any of them. Like your hubby though, I sense our weak and spineless board will go he for a Dealz option like Howe. Nice guy as he is, he would be just consumed whole as Arsenal manager worse then poor Moyes ever was at United. At best we can expect a Vieira or Arteta style appointment I would think. I wouldnt expect much from either but i would back them. Quite simply the mess Wenger has made is too much for someone of inexperience.
    I would hope Rodgers wouldnt even be considered either.

if we can get the likes of Aubameyang to sign then we can surely get a good manager

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Phew! Gives Eddie Howe a chance to get used to the place then :pac:

i really like Eddie Howe as a man and as a terrific manager of a small club but my god in no way should he be Arsenal manager....Not yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Enrique wants 200 million supposedly to rebuild.

Can’t see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

After Allegri, Simeone, Jardim.. I think Sarri would be a really good appointment, 2nd in the Serie A only 4 points behind Juv and a game in hand. Still think Conte would be good too although not many mentioning his name recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i really like Eddie Howe as a man and as a terrific manager of a small club but my god in no way should he be Arsenal manager....Not yet anyway.

It feels like you lot appointing Howe would show your club learned nothing from United/Moyes.

More than anything, Arsenal need to appoint someone with a track record of winning trophies. Even if they don't succeed in the post-Wenger era, you should be grabbing someone who gives you a better level of experience. Howe feels like the type of guy you'd try after the guy you bring in to steady the ship the post-Wenger era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

So many players rested and didn't travel to Manchester. Let's hope we don't get another beating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ronan14 wrote: »
    After Allegri, Simeone, Jardim.. I think Sarri would be a really good appointment, 2nd in the Serie A only 4 points behind Juv and a game in hand. Still think Conte would be good too although not many mentioning his name recently.

Sarri would be my first choice tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

5star02707 wrote: »
    So many players rested and didn't travel to Manchester. Let's hope we don't get another beating

It’s such a tough one for Wenger isn’t it?
    He simply must rest players for Thursday but....
    It’s his last game at old Trafford where he’s had such contrasting emotions, memorable moments and utterly forgettable ones.

For the love of god he can’t go out on the back of another hammering by Utd, a Mourinho Utd at that. Double edge sword.

The 8-2 was a pivotal moment in his arsenal career, the start of the slippery slope but lets hope the team picked today stand up and ensure there’s no repeat freak show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It’s a game that we really didn’t need. I can see it being ugly today, with a second string team playing. Ultimately it’s a nothing game as 6th place is as good as it’s going to get.

Thursday is what it’s all about now, so just get this game out of the way and focus on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can’t see it.
    He'll end up at Chelsea I reckon.

Not too upset about it either. We need someone proven to improve and develop rather than maintaining the status quo

Can’t see it.
    He'll end up at Chelsea I reckon.

Not too upset about it either. We need someone proven to improve and develop rather than maintaining the status quo

Check out @bet365’;s Tweet:

Although Graham Hunter thinks He'll be good for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Someone like him would be underwhelming, why I was laughing at it.
    But when are these guys ready?
    Look at simeone or conte, were they ready for atleti or juve? Idk the answer but it's the same for all of them, someone has to take chance with them.

Ancellotti has turned down the Italy job today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Arsene`s young guns to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford? It would be something else. First time Sanchez faces his old team. Last time Wenger faces Mourinho; MU as Arsenal manager. A win here would be huge going into Thursday's ties. Players need to give blood, sweat and tears for the final Battle of Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Line up

Oh man the CB pairing :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Looks like Arsene wants to repeat the 8-2

Line up
    Wow! Mavropanos hasn't been near the first team and he's a starter

• Advertisement

Line up

Mikhi back is excellent news. Could be the difference on Thursday

greendom wrote: »

Mikhi back is excellent news. Could be the difference on Thursday

He`s actually been closer than people think. I'd have more faith in him tham Mustafi tbh. Happy with line-up.

Cech must still be feeling the injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

Jaysus thats a weak enough line up. Has the potential to go properly pear shaped

sonic85 wrote: »
    Jaysus thats a weak enough line up. Has the potential to go properly pear shaped

Been going that way for many years now. Regardless of how results go over the next few weeks we know things are going to get better for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

8-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Nice sneaky one by Xhaka on Sanchez

I just don't understand Wenger at all. He wants to save players for Thursday yet has Aubameyang on. This season can't end soon enough.

Nice and easy.

Decent black from Bellerin in fairness to him

• Advertisement

I just don't understand Wenger at all. He wants to save players for Thursday yet has Aubameyang on. This season can't end soon enough.

Aubameyang can't play on Thursday so why would he not play him today :confused::confused:

He`s ineligible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Facepalm and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Sanchez delighted.

Why would he be saving him?

DERP!

Xhaka's defensive positioning is awful, always on the wrong side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

Good play there with nice effort from Nelson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭allinthehead

wonga77 wrote: »

He's almost as bad as Bellerin.

☀️

• Advertisement

Fairly boring 1st half.

Fairly boring 1st half.

Playing ok considering the weak side we have out. Xhaka is having a terrible game (season?). Was expecting us to rival the 8-2 result from before so I'm content with losing by a single goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

wonga77 wrote: »

Still looks like the only midfielder looking for the ball and doing anything remotely defensive today. Although it is better having Xhaka on the ball rather than Iwobi.

God duck off Souness..

farna_boy wrote: »
    Still looks like the only midfielder looking for the ball and doing anything remotely defensive today. Although it is better having Xhaka on the ball rather than Iwobi.

Ya Iwobi is gash. Completely out of his dept at this level. At very most he's a mid table club player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Nice finish.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Nice equaliser. Very scrappy and slow from both teams

Horrendously boring game. Surprised at how "ok" out centre back pairing look considering their profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fitting end to that like Atletico, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

looking forward to new life in the club

meh. Reasonable performance considering the team put out. I dont thibk many expected much else. Looking forward to the summer and what a fresh face might bring.

Happy it wasn't a hammering.

Boring game, switched off the telly for the second half and listened to the radio while doing some housework.

Two more league game left for Wenger..... tick tock

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement