Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018/2019 pt2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You have to earn a trophy like this at we just haven't too many dickwiths in the team and on the bench. Team full of brain farts

There is nothing on the bench to try anything absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Ramsey's been poor but at least he's looked to get on the ball and do something, Ozil has been dog**** as usual when it counts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

The new manager won't have CL football anyway. Will surely be a bit of a turn off for any ambitious coaches that the club might be after

Ramsey's been poor but at least he's looked to get on the ball and do something, Ozil has been dog**** as usual when it counts

Hasn't played since he signed the contract a player who needs a serious kick up the balls and a man the fcuk up talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

So because a player looks to get on the ball and do something but looses it every time he should be praised???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This is just so bad

So because a player looks to get on the ball and do something but looses it every time he should be praised???????

Can you point out where i said he should be praised?

At least he doesn't hide, like Ozil does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

iv seen sunday league teams put more heart into 90mins than 180mins thats going to lose there so called greatest manager ever :/

Ah FFS Welbeck what a sh!t attempt at a return ball. Pathetic

Soups123 wrote: »
    We're a horrible fcukin team for bringing an attack backwards when we reach the opposition box it's like the opposite of counter attack

Slow negative ****e

Do others see this? It drives me insane

• Advertisement

Ah Monreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

****n monreal

Disappointing but a very fitting end to Wenger, finished without a fight showing loyalty to piss average players.

I'm glad it's over can be zero regrets about showing him the door.

Imagine being a Sunday league side needing a goal and having 45 minutes to do it, you'd kill yourself to get it then you watch this lot.

Wenger doesn't deserve the dream finish and part of me is glad he didn't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

sonic85 wrote: »
    The new manager won't have CL football anyway. Will surely be a bit of a turn off for any ambitious coaches that the club might be after
    Can't see it making that much difference tbh

And that's the end of Thursday night football

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Pathetic bunch of players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

jester77 wrote: »
    And that's the end of Thursday night football

Until next season. Seasons over but 3more games to endure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

you have to feel for wenger though , man is gone past it but fcuk me he did some job in his prime cant deny him that

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Feel sorry for Arsene.

Let down time and time again by these players. They've done it one last time for him over these two legs.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Arsene.

Let down time and time again by these players. They've done it one last time for him over these two legs.

Sorry for Arsene my fcukin hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Wonder would Arsene go now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Not a whole lot to be angry about here to be honest.

Pretty disappointing and depressing but bar one or two players I couldn't fault their performance tonight. No easy feat breaking down a defence of that caliber.

No doubt there'll be plenty to do the whinging for me on here though. Have at it.

Auba, laca and miki.

Is all the players I’d keep from this team.

The majority of that team needs either a massive bollocking or to be fcuked out the door. I really want to see a new manager light a fire under these lads and see if the current rubbish were seeing is a management failing or whether the players are truly crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Sh*t manager fails again shocker.

Wenger sold the Arsenal fans a lie for a decade. Getting sacked is just what he deserved. 5 years too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Soups123 wrote: »
    Disappointing but a very fitting end to Wenger, finished without a fight showing loyalty to piss average players.

I'm glad it's over can be zero regrets about showing him the door.

Imagine being a Sunday league side needing a goal and having 45 minutes to do it, you'd kill yourself to get it then you watch this lot.

Wenger doesn't deserve the dream finish and part of me is glad he didn't get it

Good summary - very fitting end, that match summed up his career in parts at Arsenal: they were the better team for the majority of the 2 legs but just not enough gumption to seal the deal

The way Atletico line up needed quality balls in from wide, Monreal & Bellerin were shocking all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We got what we expected. Poor team, poor manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Feel sorry for Arsene.

He brought most of this on himself. His team selection against Forest this year being just one example.

• Advertisement

That was a fitting tribute to the post successful Wenger era.

I’m not even angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Feel sorry for Arsene.

arsenal picked that whole team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

What a ****house of a season from start to finish. Just end this now, Monreal and Bellerin were ****ing woeful in the final third tonight, as was Ramsey. Bitter end to Wengers reign. Losing to a team that is the anti-Wenger way of playing. Hope Atletico lose in the final. One of the most synical teams you will ever see. Don’t know how Gabi stayed on the pitch, was allowed free reign all match fouling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I thought we actually played really well 2nite. Barring some shocking crosses from Monreal in the final 3rd. We are an average side. Ozil our only world class player.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Truly one of the most depressing games of football I've ever witnessed. Never believed they had it in them to score for a second no matter how close they seemed to be getting. They just don't seem to know how to play in the final third. Backwards passes when they should go for the kill, trying to square it when they should shoot, that crap has been a symptom of Arsene's teams for many many years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd love to be optimistic, but I just can't see it happening. I'm away on a stag this evening and the first port of call is the local where we'll watching the match. Being the only Arsenal fan going this could be a ruinous start to the weekend
    marvin80 wrote: »
    Do a shot of Jager for every goal, every yellow and red. Win-win scenario - you'll be drunk and merry whatever the result!!

I hope you went along with this plan :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He brought most of this on himself. His team selection against Forest this year being just one example.

The man has tonnes of flaws, no doubt about that, but the team were set up perfectly for both legs and had an ocean of chances. It's hard to legislate for the two goals we've conceded; Koscielny kicking the ball against his own head and Bellerin being too inept to drop with his defensive line, allowing a simple switch of the play to put Costa through on goal.

People can whinge that the second part is coaching but even an idiot knows what to do in that situation.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I thought we actually played really well 2nite. Barring some shocking crosses from Monreal in the final 3rd. We are an average side. Ozil our only world class player.

He’s not even world class.

Ozil is a passenger in this team. Did fcuk all of note tonight again

omega man wrote: »

World class wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wasn't much of a last stand in the end. A fitting end to a reign long past its sell by date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'll tell you one thing as well, anyone who wants Simeone in after watching them must be crazy. He makes Mick McCarthy look like a golazo attacking maestro. The football is truly horrible to watch.

The member above was spot on about the full backs. Their crosses were atrocious.

Athleticos new stadium was meant to bring arsenal what it brought athletico.

Emirates was a failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We did play well, against a very good team.

Would've been very different if Monreal & Bellerin could just f*ckin whip it across the six yard line.

Always hard to play against such monumental sh*thousery.

F*ck it, anyway.

I'll tell you one thing as well, anyone who wants Simeone in after watching them must be crazy. He makes Mick McCarthy look like a golazo attacking maestro. The football is truly horrible to watch.

The member above was spot on about the full backs. Their crosses were atrocious.

Don’t kid yourself, he wouldn’t even want to manage us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We've needed defenders for years now but Wenger refused to address the issue.
    I'm not too disappointed about tonight because I knew exactly how it would end under him and his crap players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Better off not in next seasons champions league, league season would only suffer, squad isn't good enough to cope leading to more embarrassment.

More worried now about the manager we can attract. No CL and a huge clean out required.

Conflicted feelings on this one.
    BT's commentators summed it up well, "same old Arsenal"
    My head would've agreed but the heart said we could do it. We could've, if the lads were up to scratch, however the sad truth is, they're not.
    The worst part is the players want it, the manager wants it and we the fans want it. The ability is there but the execution isn't.
    We have top tier players but they're not utilized the way they should be.
    Football, as a game is constantly evolving but there comes a certain point in a manager's life when you're unwilling or unable to evolve with it. This is what I think has happened at arsenal. I don't blame Wenger, it's unreasonable to expect anyone of his age to change the way things are done at the basic levels, however he should have stepped aside sooner, for the sake of his legacy and for the good of the club. Change is hard on everyone, from the board to the players to the fans, but it's a necessity.
    Arsene Wenger is the only manager I've known for Arsenal. A new manager is a big deal for me and all of you no doubt, but with a new manager will come a new lease of life for the club.
    The players we have may finally reach their potential, we may finally start challenging seriously again for the premiership and we might finally get back into the champions league, where we can compete as equals, rather than the whipping boys we've come to find ourselves to be.
    I don't mean to heap all the blame on Wenger's doorstep as I'm sure there's other problems need addressing too, but a new manager is hopefully the dawn of a new era in North London where we will finally be back to the greatness of the Arsenal of old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

My utter hatred for this entire team and manager has meant I didn't even bother watching the Man United game or tonight's game. I'm so angry Wenger didn't fúck off years ago because my love for this club has definitely almost disappeared. What a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

omega man wrote: »

Hes an unbelievable talent. Pity hes wasted playing in one of the worst Arsenal sides under wenger. If he played in the invincibles team with the likes of Henry, Ljungberg, Pires, all intelligent and crafty players like Ozil he would go down as one of the Arsenal greats.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement