If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE55NU8000

Options
  • 27-04-2018 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi folks

I'm in the middle of scouting out potential options for a TV upgrade in the summer. Saw the Samsung UE55NU8000 (and 49 inch equivalent model) on your website which caught my attention but the full spec list isn't on your website.

I was wondering if you would had the full spec list please? I tried Googling it but was getting slightly different lists.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Hi folks

I'm in the middle of scouting out potential options for a TV upgrade in the summer. Saw the Samsung UE55NU8000 (and 49 inch equivalent model) on your website which caught my attention but the full spec list isn't on your website.

I was wondering if you would had the full spec list please? I tried Googling it but was getting slightly different lists.

Thanks for your time.
    Hey PenguinMan.

The NU8000 series are just released and hopefully we will have one on display from this time next week. Looking forward to see it in action. I would say its going to look amazing in the flesh!

The below in the a link to the NU8000 range direct on the Samsung website so this is probably they best place for the specs.
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhdtv-nu8000/UE49NU8000TXXU/

The 49" currently priced at £1199.00 and the 55" at £1399.00

I hope the link is of help.

If not let me know and I'll see what else I can come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Thanks Kenny, really appreciate your time.

From reading your link, it seems to suggest in a footnote that only the 75 and 82 inch models support HDR Extreme (both of which are quite outside budget). Have you any views on HDR Extreme and whether it's a game changer in quality, nice to have, or more so marketing material? Would also welcome any views you might have on if there are any similarly priced TVs that are better than the Samsung series.

Thanks again.
    Hey PenguinMan.

The NU8000 series are just released and hopefully we will have one on display from this time next week. Looking forward to see it in action. I would say its going to look amazing in the flesh!

The below in the a link to the NU8000 range direct on the Samsung website so this is probably they best place for the specs.

Thanks Kenny, really appreciate your time.

From reading your link, it seems to suggest in a footnote that only the 75 and 82 inch models support HDR Extreme (both of which are quite outside budget). Have you any views on HDR Extreme and whether it's a game changer in quality, nice to have, or more so marketing material? Would also welcome any views you might have on if there are any similarly priced TVs that are better than the Samsung series.

Thanks again.
    Hey PenguinMan.

Hi PenguinMan.

To be honest, I will not really know until I see it up and running.

On paper and from the online Samsung Youtube presentations it should be top class. The previous generations have all been very good televisions.

The only other TV's you could look at would be OLED but you would be starting at 55" or maybe even the Samsung QLED range.
    From the current QLED range there is the 49Q7 priced at £1119.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202522-qe49q7f.aspx

Hi Kenny.

Just wondering if you got the NU8000 in yet and on display? Any thoughts on how it performs, etc?

Thanks again!

Hi Kenny.

Just wondering if you got the NU8000 in yet and on display? Any thoughts on how it performs, etc?

Thanks again!
    Hi PenguinMan.

We just got the 49NU8000 in this morning. It may take us a day or three to clear a space to be able to put it on display unfortunately.

As soon as I get it up and running I will drop you a post with my findings.

• Advertisement

Hi PenguinMan.

We just got the 49NU8000 in this morning. It may take us a day or three to clear a space to be able to put it on display unfortunately.

No panic on it Kenny, thanks again for your time and help.

Hi PenguinMan.

No panic on it Kenny, thanks again for your time and help.
    No problem PenguinMan.

I'll keep you posted. 

I'm interested to see it in action myself.

Hi folks

Back looking at new models and came across this from LG:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55SK8000PLB

Any plans to stock same? LG is running a cashback promo at the moment which is appealing.

Thanks

Hi folks

Back looking at new models and came across this from LG:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55SK8000PLB

Any plans to stock same? LG is running a cashback promo at the moment which is appealing.

Thanks
    Hey PenguinMan.

We haven't seen any news of the SK8000 arriving as of yet.

We do have the 55SK8100 priced at £1499 and it has a £200 cash back offer with LG
    https://www.richersounds.com/lg-55sk8100pla.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.