Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Interest Query

Options
  • 27-04-2018 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi There
    Was wondering if you could help me

So I got a credit card statement with say a balance of €4000 for that month. All months previous paid to date.
    I did not get the whole €4000 paid of by the required date, and therefore incurred charges etc...

The next statement then had a balance of €6000 as I had used card since.

I am aware that I get charged interest on full balance if I only make part payments ( say I only paid €3900 the first month, I would still have got charged interest on the full €4000 ).

So my question is, how much do I have to pay this month to make sure I don;t get charged more interest on the previous balance of €4000?
    Do I just need to make sure I have put in €4000 since the statement, or do I need to cover the interest that I incurred as well? 

Basically I want to make sure that I only get charged interest on the transactions of €2000 last month on my next statement.

Hope this makes sense 

Any help would be great.
    JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

JB81 wrote: »
    Hi There
    Was wondering if you could help me

So I got a credit card statement with say a balance of €4000 for that month. All months previous paid to date.
    I did not get the whole €4000 paid of by the required date, and therefore incurred charges etc...

The next statement then had a balance of €6000 as I had used card since.

I am aware that I get charged interest on full balance if I only make part payments ( say I only paid €3900 the first month, I would still have got charged interest on the full €4000 ).

So my question is, how much do I have to pay this month to make sure I don;t get charged more interest on the previous balance of €4000?
    Do I just need to make sure I have put in €4000 since the statement, or do I need to cover the interest that I incurred as well? 

Basically I want to make sure that I only get charged interest on the transactions of €2000 last month on my next statement.

Hope this makes sense 

Any help would be great.
    JB
    Hi JB,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

We'd advise that you contact the Credit Card team to discuss possible charges applied this month on the balance on your card. If you have your credit card attached to your banking 365 profile, we'd advise that you send a message from the service desk, and an advisor will be happy to help you.

Alternatively, once your statement produces on the account, your charges will be explained in full there.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement