Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please sort this out once and for all. On going problem Eir FTTH bundle

Options
  • 27-04-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I'll try keep it short.

I ordered a 150mb FTTH bundle with phone and tv around 1 year ago. The infastructure wasn't actually ready yet so there was nothing to be installed. Eir decided to just install the phone line and charge me every month for it, without me agreeing to this. More details in this thread https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057756687

I'd say around 7-8 months after ordering, it was able to be installed, however the installers wouldn't do it until some trees were cleared.

I kept getting bills for the phone line (which was never used once) and would call Eir to explain the problem, They understood and said they would waive the charges, however the bills kept coming every month so I said I'd just ignore them until the services were actually in. The phone line was disconnected a few months ago yet still kept kept getting bills.

Eventually everything was a go for installation (yesterday) The broadband and tv was installed. However the TV stopped working a few hours later and the phone line doesn't work. I spoke to Eir chat who said they were unable to help due to outstanding balance on my account, from when I was being charged for absolutely nothing.

So could someone here please sort out this disaster once and for all. The charges need to be removed and I need the tv + phone line working. Then I'll gladly pay the bill for the price that I signed up to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

spix wrote: »
    I'll try keep it short.

I ordered a 150mb FTTH bundle with phone and tv around 1 year ago. The infastructure wasn't actually ready yet so there was nothing to be installed. Eir decided to just install the phone line and charge me every month for it, without me agreeing to this. More details in this thread https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057756687

I'd say around 7-8 months after ordering, it was able to be installed, however the installers wouldn't do it until some trees were cleared.

I kept getting bills for the phone line (which  was never used once) and would call Eir to explain the problem, They understood and said they would waive the charges, however the bills kept coming every month so I said I'd just ignore them until the services were actually in. The phone line was disconnected a few months ago yet still kept kept getting bills.

Eventually everything was a go for installation (yesterday) The broadband and tv was installed. However the TV stopped working a few hours later and the phone line doesn't work. I spoke to Eir chat who said they were unable to help due to outstanding balance on my account, from when I was being charged for absolutely nothing.

So could someone here please sort out this disaster once and for all. The charges need to be removed and I need the tv + phone line working. Then I'll gladly pay the bill for the price that I signed up to.
    Hi spix ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I'll try keep it short.

I kept getting bills for the phone line (which was never used once) and would call Eir to explain the problem, They understood and said they would waive the charges, however the bills kept coming every month so I said I'd just ignore them until the services were actually in. The phone line was disconnected a few months ago yet still kept kept getting bills.

Hi spix ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi,

I ended up calling 1901 the same day I put up this thread and after getting through to a supervisor was told that there was a cancellation on my account and that I'd need to make a new one. I was promised the same deal I originally signed up to. (short story, on phone 1+ hour) It took 1 year from ordering for service to finally be installed then everything was shut down after 24 hours..

I called up loyalty today and was put through to sales to be told I couldn't get the same deal, then back to loyalty who couldn't help. Everyone seems clueless, answering the same questions over and over again and going nowhere.

Can you help with this? All I'm trying to do is get the services I ordered a year ago, why are you making it impossible? This is seriously stressing me out now and wasting countless hours trying to solve it. Now I have to write out an email and wait a couple of days for a likely useless response.

BTW, I have all calls recorded and if Eir don't solve this VERY SOON with little effort I will be taking this issue further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I'll try keep it short.

I kept getting bills for the phone line (which  was never used once) and would call Eir to explain the problem, They understood and said they would waive the charges, however the bills kept coming every month so I said I'd just ignore them until the services were actually in. The phone line was disconnected a few months ago yet still kept kept getting bills.

Hi spix ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi,

I ended up calling 1901 the same day I put up this thread and after getting through to a supervisor was told that there was a cancellation on my account and that I'd need to make a new one. I was promised the same deal I originally signed up to. (short story, on phone 1+ hour) It took 1 year from ordering for service to finally be installed then everything was shut down after 24 hours..

I called up loyalty today and was put through to sales to be told I couldn't get the same deal, then back to loyalty who couldn't help. Everyone seems clueless, answering the same questions over and over again and going nowhere.

Can you help with this? All I'm trying to do is get the services I ordered a year ago, why are you making it impossible? This is seriously stressing me out now and wasting countless hours trying to solve it. Now I have to write out an email and wait a couple of days for a likely useless response.

BTW, I have all calls recorded and if Eir don't solve this VERY SOON with little effort I will be taking this issue further.
    Hi spix, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

I'll try keep it short.

Hi spix ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi,

Hi spix, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    I sent you a PM. Please don't waste my time any more. If you cannot help, just say so and tell me who I need to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You have 14 day cooling off, so the option is there to cancel and get the service from another provider, once the line is physically in place. Since Eir say there is already a cancellation, then consider going with another ISP from this list http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You have 14 day cooling off, so the option is there to cancel and get the service from another provider, once the line is physically in place. Since Eir say there is already a cancellation, then consider going with another ISP from this list http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/
    Thing is I don't (or didn't) want to cancel. I'm happy with the deal I signed up to. Right now my account is terminated which I didn't request. I was told it had to be done since there was a cancellation request on my account

I'm suspicious about how my account got cancelled. What they are telling me doesn't add up. I'm really suspicious that because I had a good deal, when I contacted them on the phone and they saw my contract had only started 1 day ago they put in a cancellation without my request in order to try to get me to make a new account and sign up to a worse deal. Surely if they are telling the truth about the reason my account was cancelled, I would have gotten some notification to pay the bill or warning that my services would be shut down. The 2nd person I talked to whilst I was being passed around that day said to me "Did I request the cancellation" to which my answer was no and they seem confused. Adding to that the difficulty I'm having in getting the same deal I signed up to, as was promised by a supervisor who was conveniently finished at 5 today when I called at 5:15, makes me think that even more.

Even today when I was talking, it seemed the person was trying to catch me out. They asked the price I signed up to before (those details were there before for another person without having to ask) And then wanted to confirm what services it was for (like they were trying to see if I would say something wrong and get me to agree to it) The excuse was also pathethic. I was told the deal I originally signed up to was a Christmas only offer which is no longer available, however I signed up in March last year and last time I checked my Eircode/Phone number in the Eir website in June, the offer was still the same. Now of course that the services are actually available to me, the price is much higher.

This is the deal I signed up to in early 2017. The contract of which started last week when all services were finally active but was terminated by Eir without any notificaiton the day after.

44 first 6 months
    49 next 6 months
    85 last 6 months
    + 100 cashback
    No installation fee
    Monthly price works out at 53 euro.
    Base price 90 euro after contract

qREk4Hq
    mRKqLw4.png

Now here is the current deal available to me, as you can tell there is a massive difference. The base price is gone up, the discounts are less, there is no 100 cashback and there is a 99 euro installation fee.

Monthly price works out at 73
    Base Price 96 after contract

tGgPQjj.png

kirnzQG

I highly suspect that the person I was speaking to first noticed this and tried to fool me into making a new account by cancelling my current one and now there is trouble providing me the same deal despite it being promised on more than 1 occasion. The person today said they will forward the recorded call to get approval for the offer and I should hear back tomorrow. I will update the thread when I hear back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

This is the deal I signed up to in early 2017. The contract of which started last week when all services were finally active but was terminated by Eir without any notificaiton the day after.

44 first 6 months
    49 next 6 months
    85 last 6 months
    + 100 cashback
    No installation fee
    Monthly price works out at 53 euro.
    Base price 90 euro after contract

qREk4Hq
    mRKqLw4.png

Now here is the current deal available to me, as you can tell there is a massive difference. The base price is gone up, the discounts are less, there is no 100 cashback and there is a 99 euro installation fee.

Monthly price works out at 73
    Base Price 96 after contract

tGgPQjj.png

kirnzQG

I highly suspect that the person I was speaking to first noticed this and tried to fool me into making a new account by cancelling my current one and now there is trouble providing me the same deal despite it being promised on more than 1 occasion. The person today said they will forward the recorded call to get approval for the offer and I should hear back tomorrow. I will update the thread when I hear back.
    I understand your frustrations here spix. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I've recieved an email response from Eir complaints department which is not at all reasonable. They were supposed to listen back to the recording but the reply seems to imply that they didn't or misheard what was said. Luckily I have my own recordings.

To sum the whole situation up for anyone new who might be reading

- In early 2017 I received a leaflet from Eir in the post telling me that FTTH was available to me
    - I phoned Eir to confirm it was available, and was told yes. I signed up to the deal on their website at the time.
    - I found out soon after that Eir had given me wrong information about the availability of my FTTH broadband.
    - Since I had ordered a bundle consisting of Broadband/Phone/TV, Eir had activated my phone line before I found out about the Fibre delays. This resulted in me receiving bills that exceed my bundle price, just for phone. I immediately disputed this, in fact brought it up with Eir before the first bill was issued and I was told then and several occsaions later that those charges will be waived.

Fast forward to last Thursday and alot of KN technicians showing up just to tell me its not ready yet, and phone calls disputing the bills I was getting every month, my FTTH was finally installed. The next day I phoned up to clear up the bill issue so that I could reactivate my direct debit and fix a technical issue that happened with the Eirvision TV. I was notified then that my account has a pending cancellation and I have no choice but to go ahead with it and create a new account. It was aknowledged that the charges were waived and I would definitely get the exact same offer I signed up to last year.

When I phoned up to get it however, this was not the case. And now several phone calls later I have heard back from Eir complaints department also saying the same thing.

After being told by the complaints management team in the email I received yesterday that I would only be eligible for current promotions, I phoned up today as a new customer to enquire about the price just so I could see how much the difference really is.

The person I was speaking to decided to tell me I already have an Eir account and owe money and got all serious asking for my address etc I was lost for words. How on earth is the information not updated on my wrongly closed account that I OWE NO MONEY as has been confirmed to me by supervisors + the complaints team.

If this farce continues any longer I will be looking into legal action. I've been trying for the past year to equip my home with essential services yet the complete incompetence by Eir is making it impossible. I've done nothing wrong, its just your company screwing me over every step of the way!

• Advertisement

I called up again by dialing sales directly.

After proving my Eircode, I was quoted the following deal for the exact same services

70 for first 12 months
    101 for last 6 months
    99 euro installation fee.

This works out at an average monthly price of 86 euro
    I was told this is the best deal available.

When I checked my Eircode on your website yesterday the monthly price worked out at 73 euro, the website no longer shows the deals when I enter my Eircode. Just gets stuck on this picture

u3LbzXM.png

And my original deal I signed up to in 2017 which was promised to me had an average price of 53 euro.

I'll try keep it short.

Hi spix ,

Thanks 

Thomas
    I sent you a message, please read it and reply asap

I eventually heard back from the complaints department.

Absolutely no understanding, perhaps even worse than dealing with 1901. They picked which questions to reply to and just leave me having to ask them again and wait another few days, probably to ignore them again.

Will not uphold anything said in the call to me despite being told that in order for my original price to be applied, the call would need to be listened to, and then tells me they will waive the laughable charges "as a gesture of goodwill" because "they can't find the call" and they only record some of the calls if its not a sale?

Don't know what to think at this point. Feel like I'm trying to deal with a bunch of <snip> if I'm being totally honest. Not sure whats going on with Eir but they need some internal investigation into wtf is actually going on there.

I replied to the last email I received from complaints department and asked for my complaint reference number. Its now over 48hrs and haven't received any reply. Also asked for it before but they seemed to have forgot to answer that question in their reply.

The complaint reference number is required for me to escalate the complaint here https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

I replied to the last email I received from complaints department and asked for my complaint reference number. Its now over 48hrs and haven't received any reply. Also asked for it before but they seemed to have forgot to answer that question in their reply.

The complaint reference number is required for me to escalate the complaint here https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

I feel your frustration. I really hope you get sorted soon. They do everything to avoid the issue. I'm not very hopeful with my problem. I can imagine you feel the same. You're absolutely correct...they pick and choose what they want to reply to so they can deny any mistakes at their end. A bloody joke.

Advertisement