Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Meter - no movement on install

Options
  • 27-04-2018 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I have twice rang to get a night meter installed and so far no further communication or indication of when it will be installed.  Getting silly now.  Can I have an update please asap prior to making an official complaint.

Many thanks
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Ok I may have identified the issue, Electric Ireland did an order for the night meter but applied some kind of dd for payment against an invoiced account which causes some kind of system issue.

Essentially ESB networks never got a work order and had none on file, this however was only found out by myself ringing ESB networks and seeing if they have a work order for my mprn.

If I hadn't of called ESB networks I could of been sat here forever without the meter as it would of went nowhere.

I'll put this thread on hold until I have meter installed.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Kenneth,

We are very sorry to read of this error.

Has the order been sent to ESB Networks since, as per your update? If so, the request is with ESB Networks now, and any follow-up queries would be for them.

If you require anything to be reviewed or actioned on the relevant Electric Ireland account though, we would just need confirmation of the account details by private message - the Electric Ireland account number, a sentence from you stating that you are the account-holder, your name as it appears on the account, and your address and date of birth.

We are here on our social media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Hi, I'm in exactly the same position as Kenneth. I called some time around 14 March, again on 6 April, and then a third time maybe around the 16th, and ESB Networks report that they still don't have any order for a dual-tariff meter for me.

Can someone please look into this for me? Let me know what details you need and where you need me to send them.

Regards, Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Mick,

Thank you for getting in touch. We are very sorry to read of this delay.

If you private message our group inbox the same details as above, along with a description of your query (a link to this thread will be sufficient) a member of the team will respond to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Hi Mick,

Thank you for getting in touch. We are very sorry to read of this delay.

If you private message our group inbox the same details as above, along with a description of your query (a link to this thread will be sufficient) a member of the team will respond to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una. PM sent.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenneth,

We are very sorry to read of this error.

Has the order been sent to ESB Networks since, as per your update? If so, the request is with ESB Networks now, and any follow-up queries would be for them.

If you require anything to be reviewed or actioned on the relevant Electric Ireland account though, we would just need confirmation of the account details by private message - the Electric Ireland account number, a sentence from you stating that you are the account-holder, your name as it appears on the account, and your address and date of birth.

We are here on our social media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una
    Hi Una, still no movement I have pm'd you with my mprn etc.  can you check with ESB networks to see if install has a works order and is in play.

Thank you 
    Ken

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your post.

We have received your private message and we have responded to you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Looks like i have appointment to fit meter now, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Ken,

Thank you for letting us know.

We're glad to read it.

If there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement