Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Phone App for Intervals and Route Planning

Options
  • 27-04-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Can members recommend an app that allows you to plan Routes and Intervals in advance and that is also compatible with a Heart Rate Strap from either Polar, Scoches or Wahoo.

I know Polar Beat is compatible with the H7 strap but it doesn't seem to allow Route or Interval planning. It seems to give an overall summary of distance and the route you ran only.

Runkeeper has been recommended in older posts for custom workouts but I'm not sure if it features Route Planning or allows you to import Maps.

Audio cues would be a nice extra.

Thanks for any help offered

Comments

specific for intervals

http://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-you/fitness/4-great-apps-for-interval-training/view-all/

the interval and route planning side of things tend to be premium features where you may end up paying a monthly fee.

could be cheaper in the long run to get a gps watch that allows you to do this. (plus much more convenient than carrying your phone around and risk dropping it. also more convenient having this on your wrist).

runtastic may do what you want. check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

glasso wrote: »

the interval and route planning side of things tend to be premium features where you may end up paying a monthly fee.

could be cheaper in the long run to get a gps watch that allows you to do this. (plus much more convenient than carrying your phone around and risk dropping it. also more convenient having this on your wrist).

runtastic may do what you want. check it out.

Thanks, I think your right about a GPS watch. I didn't realise that the ph wouldnt be suitable to view stats while running.

I'm considering the Polar M400 or Garmin 35

Thanks, I think your right about a GPS watch. I didn't realise that the ph wouldnt be suitable to view stats while running.

I'm considering the Polar M400 or Garmin 35

the 35 is a solid choice and won't break the bank. it has wrist heart rate built-in over the polar m400 (a bit dated now) which you may find useful down the line. the 35 will do distance and time-based intervals.

if you wanted a watch that would look ok day-to-day as a normal watch you could look at the more expensive garmin vivoactive 3. (also has some apps capability and even payments tho not in Ireland yet afaik)

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/10/garmin-vivoactive-3-in-depth-review.html

selection of apps

https://www.activejr.com/garmin-connect-iq-app-store-guide-best-apps-garmin-device/

Advertisement