Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Succession [HBO] *Spoilers*

Comments

Nice shoes. Orthopaedics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

ooh Roman totally screwed the pooch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Absolutely terrific epsiode once again. So much going on. After a lacklustre start to the season they really are finishing on a high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Kendall and Logan scene was absolutely terrific. So subtle and understated, no shouting match or witty barbs.

Shiv has become a real annoyance. I thought it was great at the end of last season when she asked Logan not to let Tom be the one to take the fall for the cruise stuff, but this season it's like she cares about nothing other than taking over from Logan. Have felt really bad for Tom all season. He seems completely broken.

And of course, Roman's text... Superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Shiv is the biggest c*nt in the family, and that's saying something. Even after Roman's faux pas she was immediately trying to "do the right thing" which would benefit her. Although she looked incredible in that dress in Tuscany 😁

Was Kendall beginning to drown at the end there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Excellent tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She's the most selfish and two faced of them for sure which is definitely saying something. But in terms of how low she would sink I'm not sure she would "beat" Logan or Roman on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Great episode tonight, not enough Gregg thou

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Another great episode tonight, kicking into gear just at the right time. Just a shame there's only one episode left.

I'd no real issue with her sticking the knife in after Roman sending the pic to Logan. She was capitalising on something Roman did, rather than somehow orchestrating or instigating it. Roman has been actively working with Logan to keep Shiv out of the loop (I also loved that Roman's wallpaper on his phone was just a pic of him giving the finger to Shiv).

It's how she treats Tom throughout that I really can't get my head around. How she acts when not in "business mode".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SimpleDimple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Romans acting after sending the text. Just pure on point. The uncomfortableness of the entire scene. Just pure gold. Have to hand it them it was excellent.

As for shiv, she appears to be the mirror image of the father. Note the reference the mother made about father kicking what he loved to see if it would come back. And she immediately does it to Tom. She's more like him than all of them combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Maybe the best scene of the entire show - the way Roman cowered and just sunk into himself was gold.

Another great episode just hoping the final installment leaves us wanting more because there is more of the story to be told but would like to think one more series then wrap it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I suppose it has got going eventually over the last couple of episodes and there was some good stuff in the last episode, but I still think this season has kind of gone nowhere really in terms of narrative development and apart from flashes and occasional scenes has been sub-par relative to what has come before.

The last two episodes were brilliant but I agree with the above. I feel something definitive needs to happen in the series finale to justify the slow pace. Series 2 ended on a cliffhanger to set up series 3, only for nothing much to actually happen through the season. I'll be very disappointed if next week simply ends on a cliffhanger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Fairly on the nose there with Kendall face down in the pool. Although, maybe all the kids are drowning, with Logan as the only steady hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully that's not the last we see of Kendall although was sure he'd jump off the balcony at his apartment. Fantastic episode.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Shred

It's been a good season overall, finishing strongly, but I do agree that they haven't really progressed the narrative as much as I would have hoped this season. I couldn't stop laughing at Roman's text mishap and Shiv's got her opportunity and is going in for the kill; he's had it coming with the amount of grief he's given her (and almost everyone else) this season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

What is it with Roman and Jerry anyway. Is he that messed up in the head to really like her in a sexual way or is it that he's just a prankster and fooling around although it's a weird way of doing it?

I was asking myself this same question today. Think it's a form of 'mommy issues', craving the love he never got from his mother and getting it mixed up with sexual feelings.

Think it's a more interesting question to ask what's Gerry getting out of it. Does she simply like the attention she's getting from a younger, very attractive man, or is it just easier to allow it and keep Roman onside?

I thought it was just a joke until she asked him to stop sending the pics, very weird but kinda funny, does he fancy her or winding her up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I could spend days trying to predict what would happen but would never guess Roman would send a dick pic to Logan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Messed up? She's a very attractive woman, y'know

I see it partially as him being young, rich and good looking, that he can probably get any number of model-type women he wants. But he wants what he feels he can't (or shouldn't) have. His sexual thrill comes from going outside of the norm, so the stuff about him with his personal trainer, him against the window of his office in season 1. Gerri was just the next step but probably not one he took seriously and was mostly joking around. But she indulged him, teased him. She played right into it. She gives him the sexual thrill he needs.

I think they both wanted the excitement, but Gerri now seems to want to put it aside, probably to protect her own position as interim-CEO and her relationship with the guy in this episode (I'm not sure if that's a new relationship or if she with him pre-Roman). It'll be interesting to see what way she goes with things in the next episode; does she try to protect Roman or throw him under the bus to protect herself. She absolutely demolished Shiv by not giving anything away in their conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

All the horror and disgust at Roman and Gerry having a sexual tryst and yet not even an eyebrow raised at Logan and Kerry doing the exact same. How very telling.

I don't think the two are directly comparable. Logan and Kerry are consensual, and even Logan's wife is okay with it. If it was made public, it wouldn't be the biggest deal.

With Roman, the disgust comes from the fact that right now, it seems like only Roman is sending her dick pics, which constitutes sexual harrassment by the son of the owner against the current CEO (especially important given the recent scandals Waystar has dealt with). If it's consensual on both their parts, like Shiv said to Gerri, it could seem like she used her relationship with Roman in order to become CEO, another bad look for the company.

I don't think the gender reversal is what's causing the horror and disgust, but rather the potential damage it could do to the company at a precarious time, and also the impact it would have if Roman was outed as a sexual harrasser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

It's been a while since I laughed as much at a TV show, that text scene caught me off guard.

Kieran Culkin's acting without saying a word was amazing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The scene is just brilliant and yeah some great acting. Just after that bit in the last frame, Rom turns his head towards someone and opens his mouth as if he was about to start talking but then stops himself. It's absolutely brilliant acting.

• Advertisement

The dick pic scene is surely one for the ages. Fair play to Culkin for selling that moment as well as he did. I saw it last night and I'm still laughing about.

Shiv's fake concern for Gerri was almost as uncomfortable. Shiv probably thinks that she is Gerri's equal, if not better, but Gerri is far more intelligent and savvy. Hopefully she doesn't get thrown under the bus by Logan.

Logan asking him if he was a sicko and then telling him to **** off. It was brilliant.

Will Ferrell down as a producer, is that Will Ferrell Will Ferrell?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wasn't it fairly clear from the last series that Roman and Gerri had a phone sex thing going on? She was mainly humouring him but she still indulged him at the same time. His siblings were mocking him that he doesn't get turned on enough by normal sex. The dick pick conversation didn't just come out of nowhere. So to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Yes, indeed. Apparently Adam McKay was influential in getting this off the ground in the early days. McKay and Ferrell had a production company together and are good friends, so presuming that's how he got involved. Also, we have the character named Willa Ferreyra, another nod to him!

This week's episode is an incredible piece of television. Absolutely fantastic acting and writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It was the corporate equivalent of the Red Wedding. Utterly brilliant TV.

Fantastic stuff

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Oh wow I just finished it. That was absolutely brilliant. The dread of realising you’ve to wait a year at least for more though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

just watched it... that was fantastic TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

A question for anyone who seen todays episode. At the end, after logan did the deal with his ex wife, did he just remove the clause for the super majority for any sale or did he some how manage to get all of the kids shares back? If they still have shares then surely they still have an asset worth something

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think he just got rid of the super majority clause. The kinds are still minted, just not able to block him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Good for you, Tom!

Genuinely fantastic television, up there in the top tier forever. No question whatsoever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Am I right in thinking Tom leaked to Logan as he realised Shiv doesn't love him nor would she have a role for him. Logan owed him already (think he said in an earlier ep that it wouldn't be forgotten that he would go to jail for him).

Jeremy Strong saved this season tbh. He is an amazing actor and should really win all the TV awards this season. I hope they just do one more, it can't sustain 2 more seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Thats what i thought.

Logan Roy out smarted them all. I think Shiv and Roman were most gutted as they both thought they would be CEO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

So am I right to infer that Tom is the CEO then?

All the corporate speak goes over my head, but it's fascinating television.

"You stay here and play with your dick" 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Something that doesn't quite sit right with me is the idea of Logan walking away. For three seasons its been fairly clear that he craves power and it just seems odd that he'd walk away from it for, as Roman put it, a few billion on top of the other billions he has.

Also, presumably he paid the ex wife off or promised the new husband something to give up the clause. Didn't seem to have the best relationship with her seeing as he didn't go to her wedding!

Also seems like removing a clause that is there to protect your children was far too easy to do. Surely would be open to a strong legal challenge? Maybe that's S4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The mother pretty much said that them all fighting for power was harming them and causing them issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

So Tom was Fredo

• Advertisement

I don't think Shiv realised what Tom had done, did she? Or was she just struggling to believe it? Delighted for her.

Advertisement