Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Ulster, Sat 28th April, 5:35pm; TG4/BBCNI/Sky

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ulster have been woeful this half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ulster
    Woeful attempt of a drop goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ulster
    Arnold has been class in support / defense today

Ulster are so underpowered. They started that attack 10m from Munsters line and ended 5m outside their 22.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That was pathetic at the end. Not a single metre gained in all those phases and then a crap line out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

BOD
    Why didn't Hanrahan play on?

BOD
    awec wrote: »
    That was pathetic at the end. Not a single metre gained in all those phases and then a crap line out.

Lack of ideas. But to be fair we lost a lot of big players during the match. The lineout was a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ulster
    awec wrote: »

Did you have that pre-typed? Not that I blame you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Grobler was fantastic the second half, would love to see him with us next season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ulster
    Not a hint of smart rugby at all from Ulster, just one out, one out, one out. To be expected perhaps when Marshall is on. Can't win on emotion alone.

• Advertisement

Munster looked just as poor though.

Under Foley, Erasmus and now Van Graan they still haven't developed an attacking plan that involves moving the ball.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Grobler was fantastic the second half, would love to see him with us next season

Not a hope in hell with the media outcry unfortunately

Ulster
    "If you can't f***in dominate your own set piece, you don't deserve to get anything out of the game" - Alan O'Connor, live to camera.

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

BOD
    Clegg wrote: »

Under Foley, Erasmus and now Van Graan they still haven't developed an attacking plan that involves moving the ball.
    Nah, consistently top four in europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Didn't see the game as I was in town getting a massage.
    Pretty similar outcome there as well....no happy ending.

Ulster
    mfceiling wrote: »
    Didn't see the game as I was in town getting a massage.
    Pretty similar outcome there as well....no happy ending.

Theres a comment you'd never see in the Soccer forum.

Did your masseuse, Bruce, have a busy schedule or something?

That doesn't refute anything I just said.

Munster have an effective way of playing. But I think they're extremely poor at identifying opportunities to attack. Then when the bludgeon doesn't work, as seen against Saracens and Racing, Munster struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

How did Copeland get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

BOD

That doesn't refute anything I just said.

Munster have an effective way of playing. But I think they're extremely poor at identifying opportunities to attack. Then when the bludgeon doesn't work, as seen against Saracens and Racing, Munster struggle.

Yeah fair enough they are not the good enough to be the best team in Europe but I think that expectation is unrealistic given their resources, they might get lucky if they can remain consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Wegians89 wrote: »
    How did Copeland get on?

One of munsters better players again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Bridge93 wrote: »
    One of munsters better players again

Good thing to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Munster's backup is pretty poor. Too many sub standard players.
    If Murray leaves for France after 2019 they will be very lacking in quality. Outside of Stander Conway and Murray they are very bare. Maybe Farrell will return and be a big player for them.

I have never been gone on their style of play. Too many one out runners and box kicks with the ball forever at the bottom of the ruck. S African coaches seem to fit in well with their style.

Whatever about coaching though they need a few other players to come in to add some quality. A couple of big ball carriers in the pack and a quality 10 especially is needed.

I see on bbcni they are saying Ulster have appointed a head coach - a big name apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Theres a comment you'd never see in the Soccer forum.

Did your masseuse, Bruce, have a busy schedule or something?

Leeanne actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well it turned out to be a fairly exciting and close contest. Our forwards were bullied in the first half but Archer made a huge difference in the second.

But it plain and obvious to see what Munsters issue is and that’s in the backs. We are just so disorganised and ineffective. Today you can put a good lot of that down to the players not being that familiar with each other but in saying that they were very poor.

The speed of possession, the standing still when receiving the ball, the poor lateral running lines and to me the most important part that is leading to the poor back play is the quality of passing. So many passes today were either the wrong height or behind our players.

A serious review of our attack is needed in the off season.

BOD
    Munster's backup is pretty poor. Too many sub standard players.
    If Murray leaves for France after 2019 they will be very lacking in quality. Outside of Stander Conway and Murray they are very bare. Maybe Farrell will return and be a big player for them.

I have never been gone on their style of play. Too many one out runners and box kicks with the ball forever at the bottom of the ruck. S African coaches seem to fit in well with their style.

Whatever about coaching though they need a few other players to come in to add some quality. A couple of big ball carriers in the pack and a quality 10 especially is needed.

I see on bbcni they are saying Ulster have appointed a head coach - a big name apparently.

Bryn Cunningham said nothing about a big name. He said it was the person they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

For a game that the result didn't matter to Munster I was delighted to see us go for the draw and then defend those last few minutes as if it was life or death.

Ben Whitehouse has not developed as a ref - he was so poor on Saturday.

I hope Henderson is ok but he did look a tad uncomfortable leaving the field on Saturday.

Was I the only one disappointed to see us kick it out at the end? We're on our own patch, nothing to play for, we should have had a go

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BOD
    thank god someone did, the quality of rugby up to then was dire......

Poor enough at times alright, but it was an exciting match to be fair

leakyboots wrote: »
    Was I the only one disappointed to see us kick it out at the end? We're on our own patch, nothing to play for, we should have had a go

Kicking it out was absolutely the right thing to do, one turnover and Ulster might well have scored their 4th try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

phog wrote: »
    Kicking it out was absolutely the right thing to do, one turnover and Ulster might well have scored their 4th try.

So what if they did? Kicking it out was strange. Losing or drawing made no difference. Might as well have a go and try to win.

So what if they did? Kicking it out was strange. Losing or drawing made no difference. Might as well have a go and try to win.

Winning made no difference either so why should we play on risk an injury or give them the hope of getting into the playoffs by playing on after the 80th minute.

Wrapping it up as soon the clock turned 80 was 100% the right call.

I'll never understand why they didn't just kick it out at the 80. Earls never would have gotten injured if they had just booted it into the stands

Advertisement