Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht vs Leinster, Sat 28th April, 3:05pm; TG4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Ah Joey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Lads minding themselves for Europe. A lot of standing off tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭durthacht

awec wrote: »
    The result isn’t that important but some of this stuff from leinster is truly abysmal.

Really disappointing. That's the second restart from Carbery didn't go 10 meters. Byrne stands so incredibly deep and has no deception on this pass so the defence can just drift. Both terrific players, but both have a long way yo go even at the basics.

The forwards just seemed short of intensity. Whoever said Leinster are transformed by Ryan and Fardy was quite right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

And another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Lads minding themselves for Europe. A lot of standing off tackles.

Yeah lot of tackles have been soak tackles.

• Advertisement

Bladey scores. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Conversion :D Massive smile on my face....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Great conversion by Mul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

Muldoon!!!!!!!

That's nice. :)

Man of many talents. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Good on ye, Muldoon.

Is that a Mulversion? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fair play Muldoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

G'wan Muldoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Abysmal and unacceptable performance from Leinster.

Muldoon taking the mickey with the conversion!!! No more than we deserve.

Very best to Mul and hope the coaching goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If that lad had charged down Muldoon’s conversion there would have been war!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,731 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

:D:D Muldoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Connacht taking the proverbial now with that. Disgraceful Leinster performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lighten up, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

What misrible bast*rd tried to charge down Muldoons conversion? :pac:

• Advertisement

Irrespective of it being a somewhat dead rubber, this performance is absolutely humiliating.

Connacht have played very well but Leinster have been all kinds of abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Brilliant from Connacht, what a performance. Had to laugh at Muldoon’s conversion. We’ve been slaughtered.

What misrible bast*rd tried to charge down Muldoons conversion? :pac:

Larmour!

JGP so much quicker than McCarthy

Irrespective of it being a somewhat dead rubber, this performance is absolutely humiliating.

Connacht have played very well but Leinster have been all kinds of abysmal.

Don’t worry, everything will be OK

Don’t worry, everything will be OK

Em ok, thanks mate :confused:

Just a comment on a game, don't get too concerned, we all make them ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Well that was unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Not Leo's finest moment! Deegan at 6? Daly obviously not up to par. I thought Connacht would win, but that's nuts. It's been very poor from the extended Leinster squad for quite a while.
    I'd think that Jack Mc Grath is declining a little. He hasn't put in a really big performance in a very long time.
    I hate to watch matches that my side loses, but I have to watch this one later.

Disappointed by Leinster's performance, but it was exactly the same against Benetton before the Scarlets match. Lads minding themselves and soaking tackles. Delighted for Mul though. Great that he went out on a high. He'll have great memories of his last day and I suppose that's a fair price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iancm25

Muldoon kicked that straight out - should've played the lineout!!

Trying to charge down his earlier conversion - bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I'd say Mul was taking the conversion cuz he'd never scored against an Irish team, in case anyone thinks he was just taking the piss.

Absolutely delighted. Exactly how you want to send the big man off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Its a wasted opportunity for the fringe players but I couldnt care less about the result.Also jack McGrath could have put more pressure on Healy in these last two games.

Very poor from Leinster, very impressive from Connacht.

Delighted to see Muldoon get a big win at home, no sign of the crowd dispersing at all which is a big mark of respect. Maybe a bit disrespectful to the visitors taking the kick but I'm sure everyone enjoyed the humour of it given the occasion.

Leo will be reeling from that performance, he'll have wanted a degree of continuity but only one team showed up. Leinster were up for it at times but the intensity wasn't there at all and Connacht are far too good a team to show up with that kind of mindset.

Leinster need to put that one to the side and focus now on the challenges to come. Connacht will reflect on a poor season, but certainly the ingredients are there to challenge next year and Keane will have more of an imprint on the team at that stage.

Bazzo wrote: »
    I'd say Mul was taking the conversion cuz he'd never scored against an Irish team, in case anyone thinks he was just taking the piss.

He just apologised on TG4 for taking the conversation, in case people thought he was taking the piss.

I think that was one of the few times that it is acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Great match from Connacht. Delighted for Muldoon, fitting sendoff for one of Irish rugbys most talismanic players.

What time are Leinster playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Maybe a bit disrespectful to the visitors taking the kick but I'm sure everyone enjoyed the humour of it given the occasion.

As someone else pointed out he apologised in his post match interview. Definitely don't think he was trying to be funny or disrespectful.

See above. As someone else pointed out he apologised in his post match interview.

I don't see why he should apologise. Its Sport. How it should be IMO. He has earned that moment

Why is it disrespectful? If you feel bad about it then don't concede tries!

See above. As someone else pointed out he apologised in his post match interview.

Yeah I wasn't going to begrudge him it. Whilst it's a competitive fixture in the sense of it being a league game, it's not a competitive fixture in terms of where the season is now.

It's no harm that he mentioned it though - a lot of people mightn't realise why in rugby that could be taken as a bit of a slight, not in this instance, but in general.

It’s not even remotely the first time a retiring player has taken a kick. It goes a loooong way back.

It had absolutely no bearing whatsoever, he scored it. Anyone who thinks it was even remotely disrespectful just doesn’t know what they’re on about.

• Advertisement

Yeah I wasn't going to begrudge him it. Whilst it's a competitive fixture in the sense of it being a league game, it's not a competitive fixture in terms of where the season is now.

It's no harm that he mentioned it though - a lot of people mightn't realise why in rugby that could be taken as a bit of a slight, not in this instance, but in general.
    He should only have apologised if he'd missed it. :)

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I don't see why he should apologise. Its Sport. How it should be IMO. He has earned that moment

It's like laughing at someone as you lap them on the track.

It’s not even remotely the first time a retiring player has taken a kick. It goes a loooong way back.

It had absolutely no bearing whatsoever, he scored it. Anyone who thinks it was even remotely disrespectful just doesn’t know what they’re on about.

I've never seen it done in a competitive fixture but maybe I just don't recall. Barbarians do it all the time but it's not that common.

Either way, I've no issue on occasions like this. Only reason I think it's no harm he clarified it is in case anyone did misinterpret the intention.

I've never seen it done in a competitive fixture but maybe I just don't recall. Barbarians do it all the time but it's not that common.

Either way, I've no issue on occasions like this. Only reason I think it's no harm he clarified it is in case anyone did misinterpret the intention.

Has been done many times

Rugby World Cup: http://www.the42.ie/johnny-redelinghuys-kick-2381472-Oct2015/

It's like laughing at someone as you lap them on the track.
    Yeah, don't get lapped

Been a few I can't recall
    Namibia did it v Argentina last rwc. A prop missed a kick

Nathan Sharpe for Aus v Wales

Some Samoan playing for Toulouse did it too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Were people actually booing Muldoon for taking the conversion??? Hadn't thought anything of it until he apologized in the post-match interview.

We've a lot more to be complaining about after that performance than a lad kicking a ball that he's perfectly entitled to kick. Cop on.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I wouldn't have apologised. Get it up them. :pac:

Been a few I can't recall
    Namibia did it v Argentina last rwc. A prop missed a kick

Nathan Sharpe for Aus v Wales

Some Samoan playing for Toulouse did it too.

I remember Adam Jones taking a drop goal not long before his retirement.

dregin wrote: »
    Were people actually booing Muldoon for taking the conversion??? Hadn't thought anything of it until he apologized in the post-match interview.

We've a lot more to be complaining about after that performance than a lad kicking a ball that he's perfectly entitled to kick. Cop on.

Nope, what was missed on tv, was when he lined it up, Cian Healy ran out to block it down before Muldoon had set himself. It was Healy being booed (in a non-serious manner) for trying to block down the conversion

I'm basing this on a few stories on Instagram that I've seen

• Advertisement
Advertisement