Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht vs Leinster, Sat 28th April, 3:05pm; TG4

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Shelflife wrote: »
    77mins into the game , Connacht lead by 35 points. Muldoon decides to take the kick. If anyone deserved the right to do that it was Muldoon.
    Disrespectful? No , simply the icing on the cake for a great player.

What amused me most about it was Cian Healy getting the hump over it and trying to rise the other Leinster players on the back of it (remember the 35 points ahead and less than 3mins to go bit Cian ?) and then his petty early charge !

He didn’t have to apologise for it, but he did because he’s a classy guy both on and off the pitch.
    I thought it was class. Somebody said that he'd never scored against Leinster, not sure if that's true or not, but it would be gas if it were.

Absolutely no need to apologise and it was a nothing kick really. Who'd take a last minute conversion in a dead rubber with such a commanding lead sriously anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

77mins into the game , Connacht lead by 35 points. Muldoon decides to take the kick. If anyone deserved the right to do that it was Muldoon.

What amused me most about it was Cian Healy getting the hump over it and trying to rise the other Leinster players on the back of it (remember the 35 points ahead and less than 3mins to go bit Cian ?) and then his petty early charge !

He didn’t have to apologise for it, but he did because he’s a classy guy both on and off the pitch.

I don’t know what’s worse, people winding themselves up about Muldoon taking the kick or people winding themselves up about Cian Healy trying to get a performance out of his team mates. Plenty of offense to go around though it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Wegians89

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I thought it was class. Somebody said that he'd never scored against Leinster, not sure if that's true or not, but it would be gas if it were.

Absolutely no need to apologise and it was a nothing kick really. Who'd take a last minute conversion in a dead rubber with such a commanding lead sriously anyway?

HEd never scored against Irish opposition at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Muldoon was absolutely entitled to take the kick. Anyone whinging about it needs to lighten up.

Healy was absolutely entitled to try and charge it down. Anyone whinging about it needs to lighten up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Lighten up Buer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Calm down Buer

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

What's your problem Buer?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Should we send both Carbery and Byrne up north?
    Take a wild gamble on Frawley, sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I don’t know what’s worse, people winding themselves up about Muldoon taking the kick or people winding themselves up about Cian Healy trying to get a performance out of his team mates. Plenty of offense to go around though it seems

Not offended or wound up about Healy, as I said I was amused at the fact that he was trying to use Muldoon kicking as a rallying cry when the game was long gone from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Not offended or wound up about Healy, as I said I was amused at the fact that he was trying to use Muldoon kicking as a rallying cry when the game was long gone from them.

In fairness, I think all he was trying to do was his job... he is a professional rugby player, not a ThanksMul cheerleader...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

irishfan9 wrote: »
    hahaha if the leinster team from last weekend showed up there would only be one winner

If would be nice if Leinster and Connacht actually had a game where they both put out their strongest sides.....the last time was the pro 12 final....
    Yesterday Leinster put out a weakened team. In Jan Connacht did same.. it would be nice if next season both teams put out there best 23 and went for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

At the Bohermore end, a young lad told Toner to warm up elsewhere as he was blocking out the match entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well that post is hilariously hypocritical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

typhoony wrote: »
    The offload from Delahunt for Niyi try was sublime. Leinster attitude seemed to be that they didn't care, again I thought Cadbury had a very poor game, starting to think Schmidt Faith in him is seriously misguided. Doris could be a very good player and will be interesting to watch him at the JWC

2553_2.jpg

Advertisement