Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a 2nd Level Current Account - Don't have proof of address?

Options
  • 27-04-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Need proof of address to open a 2nd level current account. 
    As I am still in school and have just recently turned 18, I do not pay utility bills, motor tax, insurance, property tax, or mortgage statements :) 
    This is my first time setting up a bank account and thus have no statements from other financial institutions. 
    I have set up an account already - got an email that I need to confirm my identity and address. 
    What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

Our school will issue you a letter saying that you are a student and live at X address

We do this for students all the time. Ask the office and I'm sure they will help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Need proof of address to open a 2nd level current account. 
    As I am still in school and have just recently turned 18, I do not pay utility bills, motor tax, insurance, property tax, or mortgage statements :) 
    This is my first time setting up a bank account and thus have no statements from other financial institutions. 
    I have set up an account already - got an email that I need to confirm my identity and address. 
    What can I do?
    Hi Maelstomae,

Welcome to Boards, and thanks for your post.

As you are now 18, you will need a proof of address in your own name.

We can accept any letters you may have received from the Department of Social Protection, or from Revenue, such as a P21 balancing statement.

Once you receive your letter by post you can call into your local BOI branch with your ID and an advisor will be happy to send your documents on for you, as you're only required to have one proof of each document when in the branch.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement