Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 27-04-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I am starting a new job in city centre next week, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions where best to park daily?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What time do you start and what direction are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Amc2017

flazio wrote: »
    What time do you start and what direction are you coming from?

Coming in from Headford starting between 8.30-9am

Handiest all day parking spots from there would be Dyke Road and Cathedral car parks. You'll have to ask someone else how fast they fill in the morning.

Handiest all day parking spots from there would be Dyke Road and Cathedral car parks. You'll have to ask someone else how fast they fill in the morning.

Thanks, I was thinking Dyke Rd, hopefully someone can let me know what it's like in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

You'll be able to get a space at the Dyke rd car without any problems before 9am.

• Advertisement

You'll be able to get a space at the Dyke rd car without any problems before 9am.

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I’m sure you’re aware of this OP but the city centre is very busy at that time of morning- leave yourself plenty of time. I’d aim for an 8am arrival to miss the worst of the school traffic, then have a coffee, rather than risk being late on first day. Dyke road is 5 Euro per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I had been parking in dyke road for the last month or two until I got my permit sorted for work car park and I never once struggled to get a spot and I started as late as 12 some days.

Only thing I’d say is the machines can be so finicky when it comes to taking card so try have cash.

Aeternum wrote: »
    I had been parking in dyke road for the last month or two until I got my permit sorted for work car park and I never once struggled to get a spot and I started as late as 12 some days.

Only thing I’d say is the machines can be so finicky when it comes to taking card so try have cash.
    Thanks a mill, that's great to hear!

I’m sure you’re aware of this OP but the city centre is very busy at that time of morning- leave yourself plenty of time. I’d aim for an 8am arrival to miss the worst of the school traffic, then have a coffee, rather than risk being late on first day. Dyke road is 5 Euro per day.
    Thanks, good shout, I havent been coming into Galway in the morning for a good while, so have yet to experience the crazy traffic😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

the port has loads of spaces behind Harbour Hotel for 150 for 3 months.. cheaper again annually, the space is yours 24/7 with fob access..

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    the port has loads of spaces behind Harbour Hotel for 150 for 3 months.. cheaper again annually, the space is yours 24/7 with fob access..

But trying to get there from Headford... Heck from any direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

But trying to get there from Headford... Heck from any direction.

i come in from Headford direction... from the Dyke Rd. carpark it is at most 3 mins to the dock carpark via Eyre Sq. in the morning.. in the evenings it is worse admittedly but there's the cost vs benefit.. i am content for some peace and quiet in traffic for a while once a day!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

jkforde wrote: »
    i come in from Headford direction... from the Dyke Rd. carpark it is at most 3 mins to the dock carpark via Eyre Sq. in the morning.. in the evenings it is worse admittedly but there's the cost vs benefit.. i am content for some peace and quiet in traffic for a while once a day!
    Never heard it described this way, the peace and quiet of the Car Traffic in Galway City.
    Galway Port does have loads of car parking. For a while there it was making more money from Car Parking than actual Port activity.

Advertisement