Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shrub id

Options
  • 27-04-2018 4:25pm

Saw this today and in my limited knowledge I thought I guess it was some sort of rhododendron or azalea. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are correct - azalea is a member of the rhododendron family. I could not tell you the variety though.

looksee wrote: »
    You are correct - azalea is a member of the rhododendron family. I could not tell you the variety though.

Thanks. Got this garden to look after today. The shrubs hadn't been touched in 10 years. Was looking up azaleas and it seems they don't need much care anyway.

Might mulch around the roots that are shown. Above the soil. It's planted in a raised bed which gives it a well drained soil.

Edit. If it had been pruned over the years it probably would have more flowers and a better shape.

Advertisement