Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain - Road trip and Costa recommendation?

• 27-04-2018 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

We're planning to fly to Madrid and drive south (or south-east) with a few stops on the way over 4/5 days.
    Toledo is the only place we have ear-marked so far, where else is worth spending a night or two?

Then we want to chill on the beach for a week - just two adults, somewhere relatively quiet by the sea but with a good selection of bars and restaurants. (Plus a nice promenade)

I realise part two is a bit broad but all recommendations appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

100% Mojacar is where you should end up on the beach. A great selection of bars and restaurants, great public bus service, 7km of a prom and a beautiful beach that never gets over crowded

I would do Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Mojacar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

edeldonlon wrote: »
    100% Mojacar is where you should end up on the beach. A great selection of bars and restaurants, great public bus service, 7km of a prom and a beautiful beach that never gets over crowded

I would do Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Mojacar

Second person to say Mojacar to me, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

just looking at the Trip to Spain locations:
    Episode 5 Parador de Almagro, in Almagro, La Mancha. Menu: sautéed green vegetables; cod in red pepper sauce; Franciscana cake.

mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    We're planning to fly to Madrid and drive south (or south-east) with a few stops on the way over 4/5 days.
    Toledo is the only place we have ear-marked so far, where else is worth spending a night or two?

Madrid itself! Great city, loads to see and do. I wouldn't bother with a hire car until you're leaving the city though. Toledo and Granada are great recommendations too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

You could probably see Toledo in a day - get the train. Take the high-speed train south to Cordoba for a day or so, and then south again to Seville. Seville is a fantastic spot. You could hire a car to explore the white villages from there, or head to the Costa de la Luz for some sea and sunshine - would highly recommend Conil de la Frontera (and the nearby white village of Vejer de la Frontera).

• Advertisement
Advertisement