Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog bite

Options
  • 27-04-2018 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone
    I am looking for some feedback on a few things.
    1. Overy a week ago a neighbour ran past my house and my dog ran out and barked and snarled at her but did not bite her. I was there and he never got close enough to bite as I got him under control.

About an hour later her husband comes storming up my driveway threatening to come back with a gun and shoot all animals.

Forward on a week and I get a call 8nto work saying the gards and dog warden are at my house trying to take the dog. First i heard about it in over a week! First question is can they just turn up and take the dog without any contact etc. Second what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

jmmy1234 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone
    I am looking for some feedback on a few things.
    1. Overy a week ago a neighbour ran past my house and my dog ran out and barked and snarled at her but did not bite her. I was there and he never got close enough to bite as I got him under control.

About an hour later her husband comes storming up my driveway threatening to come back with a gun and shoot all animals.

Forward on a week and I get a call 8nto work saying the gards and dog warden are at my house trying to take the dog. First i heard about it in over a week! First question is can they just turn up and take the dog without any contact etc. Second what should I do?

I am also very interested in this, being engaged in a similar situation at present. Anyone have any experience reporting dog bites through the dog warden & guards?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Igotadose wrote: »
    I am also very interested in this, being engaged in a similar situation at present. Anyone have any experience reporting dog bites through the dog warden & guards?

I've no experience in this particular matter. But you can usually just call into your local Garda station and file a report and they will tell you what is involved.

Also you can google Dog Warden for your City or County Council area and there will normally be a phone number you can call them on and ask what you should do.

Advertisement