Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog questions

Options
  • 27-04-2018 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone
    I am looking for some feedback on a few things.
    1. Overy a week ago a neighbour ran past my house and my dog ran out and barked and snarled at her but did not bite her. I was there and he never got close enough to bite as I got him under control.

About an hour later her husband comes storming up my driveway threatening to come back with a gun and shoot all animals.

Forward on a week and I get a call 8nto work saying the gards and dog warden are at my house trying to take the dog. First i heard about it in over a week! First question is can they just turn up and take the dog without any contact etc. Second what should I do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

No they cant take the dog and 2 tell them fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

So what happened with the warden? Did they take the dog? Sounds extreme unless someone made up a story about being savaged by a rabid beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

People up and down the country getting assaulted and stabbed and the fukn guards out playing with a fukn dog and trying to please the local arsehole population.
    If it didn’t bite tell the gobsh1te neighbor to rev up and fcuk off.if the dog is well cared for and kept on private property it’s nobody’s business.once it has adequate food water shelter and exercise and is on your property and under control they can’t do anything.away and fcuk with them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Dog wardens have the power to seize and remove a dog from any premises except from a person's house. It is an offence to obstruct a dog warden. Presume they'd need the Gardaí where the dog is in the house. Dog Control Act

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Batzoo

jmmy1234 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

...About an hour later her husband comes storming up my driveway threatening to come back with a gun and shoot all animals.

This is when the Guards should have been contacted. When anyone threathens to shoot anything of yours, contact the guards!

But know, the dog did not bite anyone so there is really no issue! If they claim that the dog attacked or bit anyone, they would need proof of injuries as such! As it did not happen what exactly was the issue with the Dog Warden. Is Dog licenced and chipped? Then again no issue!

So whats the rest of the story? Did the warden take the dog. Was a reason presented? Did you report the gun threat to the guards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jmmy1234

just to update they said they would come back tomorrow when I am here. They claim to have a photo of a minor wound on the hip but that's it. I was there so I know the dog did not bite anyone he did bark and growled but that was it and only for about ten seconds as I put him into his run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jmmy1234

I never contacted the guards as I did not want to make matters worse. However my neighbour was standing beside me when the threats were made so there is a witness to this incident.

quote="Batzoo;106846914"]This is when the Guards should have been contacted. When anyone threathens to shoot anything of yours, contact the guards!

But know, the dog did not bite anyone so there is really no issue! If they claim that the dog attacked or bit anyone, they would need proof of injuries as such! As it did not happen what exactly was the issue with the Dog Warden. Is Dog licenced and chipped? Then again no issue!

So whats the rest of the story? Did the warden take the dog. Was a reason presented? Did you report the gun threat to the guards?[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Had dogs all my life + staffie now and never heard of anyone getting bit on the hip by a dog.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

decky1 wrote: »
    Had dogs all my life + staffie now and never heard of anyone getting bit on the hip by a dog.?

Only thing I can think of is if the dog jumped up they might have stated the persons hip with a claw?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

mordeith wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of is if the dog jumped up they might have stated the persons hip with a claw?

don't think they'd have much of a case--but a friend of mine once told me when my dog jumped up on him [playing] that it could be a case of assault if it happened to a stranger. hope everything works out for you, i think you'll +dog will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sounds like someone has a friend in the dog warden's office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

This story doesn't add up. firstly she would need proof that the dog bit her. there's a fair bit of paperwork to be filed before a garda and dog warden come to your door demanding the dog! thats ridiculous.

if someone witnessed the whole thing other than you then she doesn't have a leg to stand on. stand up for yourself and don't be bullied by these idiots who know a garda or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

jmmy1234 wrote: »
    But know, the dog did not bite anyone so there is really no issue!
    There is an issue if your dog ran off your premises at someone. Not everyone is dog friendly, doesn’t know your dog, or its intentions.

If your story is true, I would say the bloke who called round is a bigger problem that authorities should be dealing with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

if you have your dog licensed, well looked after and on your own property there is nothing anyone can do.
    In fact if the person runs up YOUR driveway to threaten you you should set the dog on him and you would be in your right as the dog is protecting you from a threat.

Tell the asshole who called the dog warden that you are going to report him for threatening you and coming on your property to try intimidate you.
    Play him at his own game , but play the game better.

Advertisement