Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sram powerlock removal

Options
  • 27-04-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi. I need to reset the high and low limit screws on my rear mech, so I need to remove the chain. Its a Sram set up and the chain has a power lock quick link on it. How do I remove it. I dont want to re use it as I will fit a Connel link instead.

Any help here would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

There is a special master link pliers you can get for 7.50 online. I originally thought a small long nose would do the job but it wouldnt fit so it's worth buying especially for cleaning the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I use a small long nose pliers.
    I've never had any problem.
    Why do you need to remove the chain to reset your limit screws?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I use a small long nose pliers.
    I've never had any problem.
    Why do you need to remove the chain to reset your limit screws?

I always have removed it. Maybe it's just habit but I imagine it's awkward with the chain on place. Either way I want to remove the link and replace it with a Connex link which is simple to remove by hand for easy chain cleaning

Advertisement