Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full House Wiring

Options
  • 27-04-2018 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭

Guys

any ideas of approx price to fully wire a 2000 sq foot house - shed - outside sockets -

All modern conviences etc.

Got a price and seems off the wall.

Dublin.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Anywhere between 3k and 20k.

You'd need to give more detail to narrow it down.

Socket point/Lighting type/finish (chrome/plain white) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Anywhere between 3k and 20k.

You'd need to give more detail to narrow it down.

Socket point/Lighting type/finish (chrome/plain white) etc.

Thanks

It would be on the higher end of spec. (I think)

Chrome / Brushed steel finish (but i think the usb thing is overrated / the wrong route for futrue proofing)
    Higher end LED lighting
    MHVR
    Pumped water system
    Island Unit
    Utility room
    Outside lights
    Electric car charge point
    Garrage 30 yards away

I haven't considered it fully - but are people making smart connection from phone to mcb board these days ?

I would like to future proof house.
    But nothing mad.

So in the mid upper to below high spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Thanks

It would be on the higher end of spec. (I think)

Chrome / Brushed steel finish (but i think the usb thing is overrated / the wrong route for futrue proofing)
    Higher end LED lighting
    MHVR
    Pumped water system
    Island Unit
    Utility room
    Outside lights
    Electric car charge point
    Garrage 30 yards away

I haven't considered it fully - but are people making smart connection from phone to mcb board these days ?

I would like to future proof house.
    But nothing mad.

So in the mid upper to below high spec.

Don't tell any electrician that you want an electric car charge point. The price quadruples at best. Just say you want a 7kWh supply as you may be running heavy loads at that point. Then when the wiring is in place, get the EVSE connected. It's no more complicated than a socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

goz83 wrote: »
    Don't tell any electrician that you want an electric car charge point. The price quadruples at best. Just say you want a 7kWh supply as you may be running heavy loads at that point. Then when the wiring is in place, get the EVSE connected. It's no more complicated than a socket.
    We got a full rewire for 1600sq ft house. basic socket fittings, led lights downstairs, cat 6 in all rooms, electric car point, circuit for electric gates, all done for just under 9k

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

redved wrote: »
    We got a full rewire for 1600sq ft house. basic socket fittings, led lights downstairs, cat 6 in all rooms, electric car point, circuit for electric gates, all done for just under 9k

This sounds fairly good for such a high specification ?

I was also told chasing is extra :eek:

:eek:

Got a higher price than above for basic spec.

11K -accepted slightly larger house without chasing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Milkman..

Wouldn't you need nightsaver too?

He may not know that unless the spec calls for it

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Milkman.. wrote: »

Wouldn't you need nightsaver too?

He may not know that unless the spec calls for it

I'm getting wiring done soon and would be interested in getting the house electric car ready.  I will have nightsaver anyway with the HP.  On the 7kWh supply where exactly do I get that to ?  Is is the fuse board, into the house or a point you think the EVSE will be connected?
    Only other question is, and the same is try of other renewabales, is some of this work better left and hopefully get it through a SEAI type grant  later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Milkman..

I don't know where the charge point goes but for nightsaver it will just wire back to the distribution board.

You might need a 16kva supply if you're running a heat pump at night too

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Anyone have any idea on a breakdown per point for a double sockets and lighting ??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Ak84

Between 55 and 75 I would say per point for standard switches and sockets.
    Ev charge points and garage cables gonna cost that bit extra due to heavier cabling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement