Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron upgrade?

Options
  • 27-04-2018 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi. New to golf this year. Started with a set of Spalding black clubs and play approx once a week. HC 25.

Is it worth at this point upgrading the irons and hybrid and of so to what? I think I make decent contact most of the time with irons and hybrid but amend consistent. Distance wise I would struggle to get 150yrds with the hybrid and probably 125 with the 6.

At this level would an iron uograde improve my game or stick with what I have?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

Ryder wrote: »
    Hi. New to golf this year. Started with a set of Spalding black clubs and play approx once a week. HC 25.

Is it worth at this point upgrading the irons and hybrid and of so to what? I think I make decent contact most of the time with irons and hybrid but amend consistent. Distance wise I would struggle to get 150yrds with the hybrid and probably 125 with the 6.

At this level would an iron uograde improve my game or stick with what I have?

Thanks

New irons, no matter what brand won't help you hit the ball any further than your current distances. If you want to improve, my advice would be spend the money and get a couple of lessons and go from there. If you still want new irons, drop into Mcguriks in Blanchardstown and get them to fit you. The extra cost will be worth it long term IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Don't spend and not money on equipment at this stage, you've probably only played 20 times with the weather we have had this year.

If you have money to spend, get lessons.
    Your pro can tell you if your clubs are obviously wrong for you, but a fitting now will be a waste of money imo.

Advertisement