Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agricultural science potato practical HELP

Options
  • 27-04-2018 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey y’all so as you can see from the title, im having trouble with my potato practical. I planted 4 potato seeds in a pot in march and they died like 1 week ago.... so I want to know how do I grow potatoes as I cant find any helpful information.
    Like do I water them everyday??? Do they grow better inside or outside. Weather is unpredictable so I put them outside during sunny days but then the wind literally blew my plants to the side so I think thats why they died... but yeah I want to know how to grow potatoes successfully as I dont have a lot of time
    Thanks

Update: it would be nice if y’all can only reply if you’re answering my question. I dont really need unnecessary comments. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Have you considered reading your ag book?

Or even this radical idea?

http://bfy.tw/HsDg

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EA22

Awww do you think you’re funny? are YOU not able read??? 1) I said I COULD NOT find any helpful information
    And 2) if it was in my book, I certainly wouldn’t be asking any of y’all
    Now GOODBYE

Awww do you think you’re funny? are YOU not able read??? 1) I said I COULD NOT find any helpful information
    Now GOODBYE

EA22 wrote: »
    Now GOODBYE

Not even capable of clicking on links??? Wow.:pac:

Not even capable of clicking on links??? Wow.:pac:

I want students who have successfully planted potatoes to tell me how they’ve done it.... I did research and my plants ended up dead so please goodbye. Dont waste my time I need it done asap

• Advertisement

I want students who have successfully planted potatoes to tell me how they’ve done it.... I did research and my plants ended up dead so please goodbye. Dont waste my time I need it done asap

Well I wrote the ag science book, have always been willing to help students who post on here in a polite manner, but seeing as you are incapable of reading and adapting what is in your book, or using google, not sure it's worth my while.

Also if you need it done asap you're a bit late and I hope you're in fifth year not sixth year. The project deadline was 3 weeks ago.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58687286

Lose the ignorant attitude and people might be willing to help you.

Well I wrote the ag science book, have always been willing to help students who post on here in a polite manner, but seeing as you are incapable of reading and adapting what is in your book, or using google, not sure it's worth my while.

Also if you need it done asap you're a bit late and I hope you're in fifth year not sixth year. The project deadline was 3 weeks ago.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58687286

Lose the ignorant attitude and people might be willing to help you.
    Like I said goodbye & if its “not worth your while” why do you keep replying?? I know theres students here who were successful in planting the potatoes so I’ll wait for their HELPFUL replies
    Bye

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Like I said goodbye & if its “not worth your while” why do you keep replying?? I know theres students here who were successful in planting the potatoes so I’ll wait for their HELPFUL replies
    Bye
    How were they successful and you weren't if you followed the same steps as them?
    Learn to take advice and constructive criticism. You may learn something!

Bye

It's a public forum, you can't stop anyone from posting.

And you'll never get anywhere near the points you need for medicine if you can't accept advice from people who have experience in what you are looking for without being ignorant to them.

And if you had bothered to click on either of the links I've posted you would know where to go for information. But you are too hellbent on trying to be all tough online, and frankly it's rather pathetic.

How were they successful and you weren't if you followed the same steps as them?
    Learn to take advice and constructive criticism. You may learn something!

What do you mean? I didnt follow anyones steps. This is my first time asking people for their sreos.
    Can yall stop commenting if you’re not answering my question. Its really annoying & im not amused

• Advertisement

Can yall stop commenting if you’re not answering my question. Its really annoying & im not amused

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You don't actually get to dictate whether people post in a public forum or not..:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

It's a public forum, you can't stop anyone from posting.

And you'll never get anywhere near the points you need for medicine if you can't accept advice from people who have experience in what you are looking for without being ignorant to them.

And if you had bothered to click on either of the links I've posted you would know where to go for information. But you are too hellbent on trying to be all tough online, and frankly it's rather pathetic.
    How am I being tough? I just want the bloody steps but you want to act smart and keep commenting. Do what you want i dont care. And who are you to tell me that I wont get my points for medicine ?? I can achieve whatever I want to achieve by working hard and believing in myself. Dont be bitter

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You don't actually get to dictate whether people post in a public forum or not..:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

whatever okay

What do you mean? I didnt follow anyones steps. This is my first time asking people for their sreos.
    So how has everyone but you managed to do it right?
    You're keeping me amused though!

So how has everyone but you managed to do it right?

You're keeping me amused though!

Okay?

How am I being tough? I just want the bloody steps but you want to act smart and keep commenting. Do what you want i dont care. And who are you to tell me that I wont get my points for medicine ?? I can achieve whatever I want to achieve by working hard and believing in myself. Dont be bitter

I've actually posted two places where you can find out information, but you still haven't bothered reading them. And no one is going to do your project for you, that's just laziness on your part. But ask nicely they might point you to where you can get information and you can do it yourself.

If you were serious about medicine, you wouldn't be dismissive of that, you would go looking at that information. You also wouldn't have been so dismissive of other posters in your other thread (a common theme).

If you were that keen to get an A1 in ag science and every thing else as you need every point you can get for medicine you wouldn't be leaving this to the last minute.

I'm not bitter, never wanted to be a doctor, have a successful teaching career. :D:D:D

I've actually posted two places where you can find out information, but you still haven't bothered reading them.

If you were serious about medicine, you wouldn't be dismissive of that, you would go looking at that information. You also wouldn't have been so dismissive of other posters in your other thread (a common theme).

If you were that keen to get an A1 in ag science and every thing else as you need every point you can get for medicine you wouldn't be leaving this to the last minute.

I'm not bitter, never wanted to be a doctor, have a successful teaching career. :D:D:D
    How am I leaving stuff for the last minute? Im in 5th year right now and im repeating it next year again so I’ve got plenty of time. I only need a H2 or above in biology & agricultural science to get into medicine so im good.

I only need a H2 or above in biology & agricultural science to get into medicine so im good.
    That's it: aim high-ish!

That's it: aim high-ish!

A H2 is high

How am I leaving stuff for the last minute? Im in 5th year right now and im repeating it next year again so I’ve got plenty of time. I only need a H2 or above in biology & agricultural science to get into medicine so im good.

H2 and H1 grades aren't that easy to come by. And you'll need them in your other subjects too if you are to have any hope. Not just ag science and biology.

You said yourself you need the project done as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

H2 and H1 grades aren't that easy to come by. And you'll need them in your other subjects too if you are to have any hope. Not just ag science and biology.

You said yourself you need the project done as soon as possible.

Im going to a european college and they only require a high grade in any science subject. Biology is my strongest subject compared to all the other ones I do so I know I’ll do good at it thank god.
    And yeah I need it done asap because we have to write it up right now

A H2 is high
    From your comment you appear to have settled on going for a H2 in biology. I'm just surprise that you would have this mindset in a core subject to become a doctor.
    Anyhow, your arrogance is betraying you. People have offered help and you got stroppy.

From your comment you appear to have settled on going for a H2 in biology. I'm just surprise that you would have this mindset in a core subject to become a doctor.
    Anyhow, your arrogance is betraying you. People have offered help and you got stroppy.

okay?

okay?
    Yep.
    I've successfully grown spuds many times .
    I also gratefully take advice from others and didn't get stroppy when I asked questions but didn't like the form of the answers.

Yep.
    I've successfully grown spuds many times .
    I also gratefully take advice from others and didn't get stroppy when I asked questions but didn't like the form of the answers.

Good for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You asked for help.

Even super clever doctors need a good plumber/electrician/engineer/nurse/mechanic etc... from time to time.

Experts here are taking time out to offer you help with this task that you're obviously failing to complete.

Don't be a snob. My advice would be to graciously take the advice on board like an young adult and show your gratitude.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    You asked for help.

Even super clever doctors need a good plumber/electrician/engineer/nurse/mechanic etc... from time to time.

Experts here are taking time out to offer you help with this task that you're obviously failing to complete.

Don't be a snob. My advice would be to graciously take the advice on board like an young adult and show your gratitude.
    I know I asked for help but I literally said theres no information in my book and I tried google but my plants died so I want a student who was successful in growing their potatoes to tell me what they did. Like if you cant answer my question why comment? I dont see the point of trolling but ya know people got too much time on their hands nowadays. I can wait for someone to actually answer my question as im not in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I know I asked for help but I literally said theres no information in my book and I tried google but my plants died so I want a student who was successful in growing their potatoes to tell me what they did. Like if you cant answer my question why comment? I dont see the point of trolling but ya know people got too much time on their hands nowadays. I can wait for someone to actually answer my question as im not in a hurry.

And that you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

If the attitude you show here is the obe you take into college to maube study medicine, then i dispair.
    If you cant look up things yourself, accept advice from others who know then your chances of becoming a doctor are flimsy and heaven help future patients if you actually happen to become a doctor.

• Advertisement

If the attitude you show here is the obe you take into college to maube study medicine, then i dispair.
    If you cant look up things yourself, accept advice from others who know then your chances of becoming a doctor are flimsy and heaven help future patients if you actually happen to become a doctor.
    Thanks for being helpful appreciate it!

Advertisement