Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about a second job

• 27-04-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a PAYE employee who is about to undertake some hours (maybe about 8 hours a week) of addional work for another company.i will mainly be doing this from home with some site visits.
    What is the best thing to do regarding accountancy on this? Should I set up as a sole trader or Ltd company and invoice that company as a contractor would?
    Or should I use an umbrella company? Looking into pricing, this seems expensive for the amount of income involved as it is very part time and may be variable.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 onlinepal100

Would suggest you operate as a sole trader/personal capacity and maintain details of income earned and expenses incurred in executing this second role. Net balance, assuming positive, will be taxable and should be reported on your next annual tax return.

No need, unless you are going to make significant income for the part time role to register for VAT or operate through a Ltd company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Would suggest you operate as a sole trader/personal capacity and maintain details of income earned and expenses incurred in executing this second role. Net balance, assuming positive, will be taxable and should be reported on your next annual tax return.

No need, unless you are going to make significant income for the part time role to register for VAT or operate through a Ltd company.

Thank you, that's really helpful.

Advertisement