Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tp Links - No internet

• 27-04-2018 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My setup is/was a Huawei B315 4g router connected to a tp link and through to 2 tp link extenders. It was working seamlessly until recently. Now neither of the extenders are "carrying" internet access for some bloody reason, either through Ethernet or Wifi !! I've tried resetting the tp links and pairing them all over again. I'm at my wits end :mad:

Any suggestions please and thanks ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Are they powerline extenders or wifi extenders(repeaters)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

degsie wrote:
    Are they powerline extenders or wifi extenders(repeaters)?

Power line ones, one input device and two av600 units in different rooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you have 3 units, could you swap them around and test in pairs? It could show up one faulty one

TheDriver wrote: »
    If you have 3 units, could you swap them around and test in pairs? It could show up one faulty one

Thanks, 2 units really, one input device that takes the signal through network cable from the router and send it through the electrical cables to the two extenders. I've tried resetting, re-pairing and moving to different locations throughout the house. I'm missing something, these units are all just a few months old.

install the powerline utility from tp-link to verify operation

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    install the powerline utility from tp-link to verify operation

I installed the utility and got one of the extenders to respond but the second one is proving trickier to put manners on :mad:

Finally nailed them after juggling about a bit with the tp link application. Resetting both extenders, one at a time seemed to be the solution.

Is there a utility for Windows? Went to their website and it only has a Mac utlility:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/download/TL-PA7020-KIT.html#Utility

I'm getting 1mbps on a 1gig powerline adapter. Am I just shoot out of luck or is there anything I can do?

Brand new build, distance very reasonable I doubt more than 10-20m.

Advertisement