Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comelit system question

Options
  • 28-04-2018 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

Can an additional outdoor unit (eg a 3550/1) be added to a Comelit 8241i system?

If it can't be added to give audio and press-button functions (because there might be two microphones/speakers in the circuit), I'd be happy with just the press-button on its own...

Looking at various circuit diagrams it appaers that the 8241 system runs on 24vac whereas the transformer for the 3559 (part of a style 5 kit) uses the 1200 transformer (ie 12vac). I suppose the question is....if I connect the 3550 up will it make funny noises, sparks and smoke?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

exaisle wrote: »
    Can an additional outdoor unit (eg a 3550/1) be added to a Comelit 8241i system?

If it can't be added to give audio and press-button functions (because there might be two microphones/speakers in the circuit), I'd be happy with just the press-button on its own...

Looking at various circuit diagrams it appaers that the 8241 system runs on 24vac whereas the transformer for the 3559 (part of a style 5 kit) uses the 1200 transformer (ie 12vac). I suppose the question is....if I connect the 3550 up will it make funny noises, sparks and smoke?

Any ideas?

The short answer is no, the 8241i system comes as a kit form and is limited to one call station to one handset, although the call station quantity can go up to a limit of 3 of them.

If you need 2 different call stations then you need a module type system with a relay between the 2 call stations. Being honest at that stage it is getting very technical and you may need a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Thanks for the very clear answer 😊

I'll wire the 3550 unit independently and just use it to effectively ring the doorbell..i don't need any audio function and I have the old transformer sitting around doing nothing anyhow..

Advertisement