Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New toilet (not replacement)

Options
  • 28-04-2018 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

How much might it cost to install a new toilet and washbasin? (New fitting altogether, not a replacement.)

I’m guessing it’s highly contextual, depending on whether you’re putting it where the required pipes already run, but what sort of range would it be?

How would you tell where the relevant pipes run in a house, if you’re viewing it as a potential buyer?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

1. what sort of range would it be?

2. How would you tell where the relevant pipes run in a house, if you’re viewing it as a potential buyer?

1. Impossible to answer
    2. Bring a QS or builder with you to view the property

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

You really need to bring someone with you that has worked in the building industry. Preferably someone who has been hands on. Plumber would be a good starting point! I have been in the industry all my life. Started off in the Uk as an apprentice draughtsman (just was not me) Then went labouring for large builders working with groundworks, bricklayers, carpenters & plasterers. Took up plastering & ceramic tiling as main job. Worked with general builders converting large houses into flats & building extensions etc. You get to work with every trade & gain a good all round knowledge. Dont forget there is the macrator that can pump the waste via small pipes to virtually anywhere.

Advertisement