Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose X lite Crs Ultegra Opinions?

Options
  • 28-04-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi.

Has any one on here any experience of this model?
    Very little online reviews of this exact model but just looking through past threads on Boards, the experience of rose seem to be all very positive.
    I am 99% sure of proceding with the purchase today, but there is a small doubt in the back of my head that the canyon cf sl is the better deal even though it is 200 euro more. Wont be racing it but would like somthing with a fairly aggressive setup. https://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-x-lite-crs-ultegra/aid:2682711 .
    It is saying 3 weeks until its in stock. Is this realistic? How are Rose to deal with?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I don't have that model, but I've dealt with Rose buying a bike as well as other parts / clothing etc and they are great to deal with. I had a warranty issue with a seat post and it was sorted with zero fuss.
    Canyons have some weird type of headset or stem that you'd need to be aware of before buying (can't remember which it is, or the details but there are plenty on here who would know) but they are great value and look good too, but I'm more than happy with my Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭sann

I don't have that model, but I've dealt with Rose buying a bike as well as other parts / clothing etc and they are great to deal with. I had a warranty issue with a seat post and it was sorted with zero fuss.
    Canyons have some weird type of headset or stem that you'd need to be aware of before buying (can't remember which it is, or the details but there are plenty on here who would know) but they are great value and look good too, but I'm more than happy with my Rose

Thanks for that. Nice to hear the bit of reasurance.
    Ordered today so hopefully i will have it around the end of may.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Cripes... Hard to believe an ultegra build with mid range wheels would be as low as 6.6kg for any money, let alone 2 grand. If their scales are accurate then that's a savage bike for the price

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

fat bloke wrote: »
    Cripes... Hard to believe an ultegra build with mid range wheels would be as low as 6.6kg for any money, let alone 2 grand. If their scales are accurate then that's a savage bike for the price

Picked up an Ultegra full hydro disc CX bike from Rose a few years back, came out at ~ €2.3k delivered. Great bike but delivery time was appalling, about 4 months from memory, due to some issue with the forks. Big plus for them for me was the level of customisation offered online. Bought other bits and bobs from them since and delivery time was better.

@OP, I'd recommend them but ask them for a hard delivery date.

fat bloke wrote: »

Ya. Sounds too good to be true and from reading other threads it seems Rose can be a little economical on the stated weight of the finished bike.
    Even if it does end up a few hundred grams above the 6.6kg it is still a very light bike.
    Thinking of puting a set of Prime Rp 50's on it then. Seem to have fairly positive reviews and only 1500 odd grams in weight.

• Advertisement

Hi. Just wondering about the method you used to pay for your bike.
    Was it a bank transfer and do you gave any idea hom long it took to reach Rose account?

I paid for mine with my credit card. I got a delivery date and actually received the bike a couple of weeks earlier than the planned date. I was living in Zurich at the time and Swiss tax is less than German tax and they sorted out the tax rebate for me as well (which allowed me to budget for Di2!!).
    The bike was well packed in a good strong box - which I think was 29 euro extra - and easy to set up.
    I have no complaints with their service or their product - just glad the weather is improving so I can use it more! :)

I paid for mine with my credit card. I got a delivery date and actually received the bike a couple of weeks earlier than the planned date. I was living in Zurich at the time and Swiss tax is less than German tax and they sorted out the tax rebate for me as well (which allowed me to budget for Di2!!).
    The bike was well packed in a good strong box - which I think was 29 euro extra - and easy to set up.
    I have no complaints with their service or their product - just glad the weather is improving so I can use it more! :)

Cheers for that. Chopped up the credit card years ago cos we had a bit of a love hate relationship!! That just left me with bank tranfer. Will probably take a few days to go through.
    Postage was 35 and i paid an extra 5 euro for some type of insurance being offered.
    It now says on my account that it is on back order and will be delivered in a few weeks time.
    Thanks again for your help.

sann wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Chopped up the credit card years ago cos we had a bit of a love hate relationship!! That just left me with bank tranfer. Will probably take a few days to go through.
    Postage was 35 and i paid an extra 5 euro for some type of insurance being offered.
    It now says on my account that it is on back order and will be delivered in a few weeks time.
    Thanks again for your help.

Welcome to the Rose owners group!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's been mentioned before by people that they wouldn't buy a bike without trying it first.
    Does this bother anyone who orders from Rose or Canyon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Effects wrote: »
    It's been mentioned before by people that they wouldn't buy a bike without trying it first.
    Does this bother anyone who orders from Rose or Canyon?

Didnt bother me too much buying from canyon tbh, they have a fairly decent measurement calculator online.

Their returns policy is decent too, offering a refund for unused or store credit for used, but good, condition.

Welcome to the Rose owners group!

Sound.
    I have threatened to join this group numerous times over the years but always ended up taking the lazy option of rocking up to my Lbs and saying il take that one.
    Hopefully i wont regret it😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I'd consider one if they offered customisable colours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

terrydel wrote: »

They're one better than Henry Ford. You can have whatever colour you want so long as its black. Or White.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

They do....or rather they offer a few options.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

sann wrote:
    Any opinions folks?

The CRC ones were 300 cheaper three weeks ago but would be my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Ya. Sounds too good to be true and from reading other threads it seems Rose can be a little economical on the stated weight of the finished bike.
    Even if it does end up a few hundred grams above the 6.6kg it is still a very light bike.
    Thinking of puting a set of Prime Rp 50's on it then. Seem to have fairly positive reviews and only 1500 odd grams in weight.

I got a Xeon CW aero from them in 2013 with quoted weight 6.95 which weighed about 7.5. I had upgraded from Rose's own wheels to Cosmic Carbones but this would not account for all the extra weight. When I queried with them they pointed out 3 things

- I ordered L frame, weight quoted for M
    - I went for 53/39, weight quoted 50/34
    - Weight quote for black frame. Coloured frames add a couple of extra 100 g's

On other points you only pay (or at least use to) close to build date. Parts used are standard and easily replaced. Still very happy with mine and its still my main bike

I got a Xeon CW aero from them in 2013 with quoted weight 6.95 which weighed about 7.5. I had upgraded from Rose's own wheels to Cosmic Carbones but this would not account for all the extra weight. When I queried with them they pointed out 3 things

- I ordered L frame, weight quoted for M
    - I went for 53/39, weight quoted 50/34
    - Weight quote for black frame. Coloured frames add a couple of extra 100 g's

On other points you only pay (or at least use to) close to build date. Parts used are standard and easily replaced. Still very happy with mine and its still my main bike

Well i ordered the med. Left it with standard ksyrium elites. Changed the colour alright. As i said though if it ends up a few 100gs heavier than the claimed 6.6kg i wont cry about it.
    Still a very light bike and as hard as i look i am unable to find any negative views online of Rose bikes or their customer service.

Well i ordered the med. Left it with standard ksyrium elites. Changed the colour alright. As i said though if it ends up a few 100gs heavier than the claimed 6.6kg i wont cry about it.
    Still a very light bike and as hard as i look i am unable to find any negative views online of Rose bikes or their customer service.

Curious, weigh it when it comes and report back.

They replaced a saddle for me free of charge

• Advertisement

Will do. Hoping to have it in around 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭dom_1000

I ordered an x lite off the 2years ago, they totally botched the order. Every thing came at the smallest size. Got sorted eventually, after about 4 months.. Very happy with bike, it had a claimed weight of 6.35kg, and that's pretty much what I got. Went for standard everything including non paint job.

I've never weighed my bike and don't really see the point as it is very light and I am not!

Actually the only issue I have with the Xeon CW (and it may be an issue with Rose in general) is that there is very little chainstay clearance. This wasn't an issue initially but since I migrated to wider wheels and 25mm tyres a lot of care is needed with wheel positioning to prevent tyre rub. It is definitely something I would be looking out for if getting another bike.

Recieved the bike today and as expected it seems to be alot more than the stated 6.6kg.
    I did change the wheels to my 2017 ksyrium elites alright but it ended up at 7.3kg.
    That is without pedals and bottle cages.
    While i was expecting it to be a bit heavier i wasnt expecting that much.
    With pedals it will be up around 7.5kg which is a bit dissapointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Stupid qs, but how do you change the colour? I dont see that option.
    Can you choose from a wide range of colours?

Stupid qs, but how do you change the colour? I dont see that option.
    Can you choose from a wide range of colours?

Yes. Just under the picture of the bike there are small icons representing the different colours. I think the crs x lite has about 4 options. Some others have only 1 and 2 options.
    Just click on the icon and it will change colour of bike in main picture at the top.

Advertisement