Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to return a mobile phone with inbuilt battery back to GeekBuying, China?

• 28-04-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,
    I would like to return a mobile phone worth 210 euro back to GeekBuying, China. I am sending it under 7 day disliked item.

The battery of the phone is built In and non removable. When I went to post office I was told that they cant accept the parcel as it contains battery. They told me that even if I lie and send it,it wont go as customs wont allow to send it. I asked for an alternative other than AnPost. But I was told that they dont know.

I would get return postage from PayPal.

Any way to send it back?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DHL will take them, I think, but it won’t be cheap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: moved to courier forum. Please observe the charter in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

whiterebel wrote: »
    DHL will take them, I think, but it won’t be cheap.

Would any other courier like DPD, UPS etc take this?

Any cheap option?

MaxPayneXL wrote: »
    Would any other courier like DPD, UPS etc take this?

Any cheap option?

No cheap option anyway. It’s a nightmare trying to ship Lithium Ion batteries from Ireland now. You could try here:
    https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

whiterebel wrote: »
    No cheap option anyway. It’s a nightmare trying to ship Lithium Ion batteries from Ireland now. You could try here:
    https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/

I contacted them and was told that they dont courier mobile phones outside EU :(

DHL pickup from home is around 70 Euros !

• Advertisement
Advertisement