Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage approval / Job change

• 28-04-2018 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all.

Perhaps you've been in a similar situation or have experience in it.

Last week, myself and my wife were mortgage approved. It was pretty straightforward, both full time Permanent employment, all documentation etc, boxes ticked.

On Thursday I was offered a new job - one I really want. More money, an area of the industry I want to work in, an opportunity that doesn't come along often.

If I accept the job, what are the potential issues?
    We have approval for 6 months, until October.

It is a new house, we'll move in in September.

Anyone have any idea on how I should proceed, or maybe it's just an honest conversation with the lender?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Logger123 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Perhaps you've been in a similar situation or have experience in it.

Last week, myself and my wife were mortgage approved. It was pretty straightforward, both full time Permanent employment, all documentation etc, boxes ticked.

On Thursday I was offered a new job - one I really want. More money, an area of the industry I want to work in, an opportunity that doesn't come along often.

If I accept the job, what are the potential issues?
    We have approval for 6 months, until October.

It is a new house, we'll move in in September.

Anyone have any idea on how I should proceed, or maybe it's just an honest conversation with the lender?

Thanks

In my experience I needed to have passed the probation period in order to proceed with the mortgage. However there was a similar thread to this on this forum lately where some people had different experiences. It would be annoying to have to miss the opportunity of a new job that you really want to get the mortgage.

Advertisement