Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are your no-no's with dating?

18910111214»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

irishrebe wrote: »
    Great, another one.

Another what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I usually avoid men who are allergic to paragraphs, capital letters and full stops.

It’s hard to take a rant seriously when they are unable to spell half the words.

The old phrase “empty vessels make most noise” has never been more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭irishrebe

It is common though. These people are everywhere. As women make more and more noise about their rights and issues, this type of brain dead simpleton comes out of the woodwork.

yup. These kinds of muppets did come out of the woodwork. 30-40 years ago when first wave feminism took off, and thankfully, his kind of attitude is mostly disappearing (it's highly doubtful it will ever completely disappear). The idea that women today are being treated worse than those before is rather silly (I'm using silly rather than use a more insulting word)

There are fools everywhere.. You just don't judge the whole human race, or a gender based on the fools.
    Maybe not this obviously extreme and trollish, no, but I have encountered many, many people with similar views..

You have encountered many types of people with and have an example from friends/colleagues to support every point you wish to make. Yup, I know you live in the real world and not in a bunker, but this line of yours has become somewhat repetitive.
    Who says women are being treated worse now than before? Do you enjoy just making random stuff up? That is certainly very 'silly'.

Great, another one.

Another what?
    Another bigoted dinosaur. We can all see that you thanked that post.

I thanked him because he's an obvious troll and you fell for him.

I thanked him because he's an obvious troll and you fell for him.
    Are you a troll as well, then?

You tell me.

Can this thread not be about dating experiences instead of a man vs woman argument fest?

You tell me.
    Personally, I think you truly believe the sh1te you wrote.

• Advertisement

Personally, I think you truly believe the sh1te you wrote.

Ah piss off and get a life. Yeah, yeah, you're a victim. We GET it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Past experience tells me nothing worse then a bore. Trying to end a conversation with a bore without being rude is very hard.

Message after message off of men from far flung countries telling me crazy things like "you are my queen", "your eyes are like jewels" "be my sweet summer flower" :pac:

Mad stuff altogether Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Message after message off of men from far flung countries telling me crazy things like "you are my queen", "your eyes are like jewels" "be my sweet summer flower" :pac:

Hello cousin benson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You have that Celtic mystique. Fordiners go mad for it.

Haha I can imagine the messages. 'White girl so beautfil like angle xx show bobs and vegana xxx'.

• Advertisement

You have that Celtic mystique. Fordiners go mad for it.

Imagine if I was a redhead! :D

Haha I can imagine the messages. 'White girl so beautfil like angle xx show bobs and vegana xxx'.

It was more along the lines of elaborate compliments. It was Irish men who were more likely to look for boob photos :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Military men, all widowers with one son.
    Looking to move to Ireland after their retirement and settle with little old me.
    Right now though, they're on a mission in Syria so I'll have to wait.
    Be still my beating heart and intact Visa account.

Also.
    People with flaccents*, I just can't take them seriously at all.
    Like a live episode of Killinaskully going on in my head.

*flat accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

did anyone mention someone self reliant or smth in that terms < gold diggers.Guess ok in terms when once starts chatting but not having it first thing in the bio.

scamalert wrote: »
    did anyone mention someone self reliant or smth in that terms < gold diggers.Guess ok in terms when once starts chatting but not having it first thing in the bio.
    Yer wha??

• Advertisement

Can this thread not be about dating experiences instead of a man vs woman argument fest?

Okie dokie. :D

I'll stop responding to Irishrebe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Yer wha??

You win. You're right. Whatever just stop with all this. You are ruining threads.

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Yer wha??

You win. You're right. Whatever just stop with all this. You are ruining threads.
    What the hell are you talking about? I didn't understand the post because it wasn't written clearly. Where I come from, we say 'yer wha?' to mean 'I didn't understand a word of that, would you be kind enough to repeat yourself'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You would think this thread could be a bit of craic.

You would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

It was more along the lines of elaborate compliments.:p

Or marriage proposals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Photos from profile and reality not even being closely related to each other is a massive bugbear of mine.

I met a lady recently, I texted her to tell her where in bar I was and when she arrived at the table, literally 2 minutes later, my immediate thoughts were "can I help you". I didn't recognize her!

There was no "click" between us but we got on well. We spoke about our experiences of OD and I suggested she looked well and I could take a pic of her for her profile. She agreed and I saw later she actually used it.

Still left the other one up mind.

Grayditch wrote: »

You would think.

Well, you know, you could contribute more... and lead us all towards a more fun discussion. :rolleyes:

Grayditch wrote: »

You would think.

Well, you know, you could contribute more... and lead us all towards a more fun discussion. :rolleyes:
    Wow, we agree on something! :p

Photos from profile and reality not even being closely related to each other is a massive bugbear of mine.

I met a lady recently, I texted her to tell her where in bar I was and when she arrived at the table, literally 2 minutes later, my immediate thoughts were "can I help you". I didn't recognize her!

There was no "click" between us but we got on well. We spoke about our experiences of OD and I suggested she looked well and I could take a pic of her for her profile. She agreed and I saw later she actually used it.

Still left the other one up mind.
    In what way did she look different?

irishrebe wrote:

5 years plus younger.

• Advertisement

irishrebe wrote:

5 years plus younger.
    In the photos or in person?

irishrebe wrote:

Yes. She appeared in person looking 5 years younger than she did in the picture. A common occurrence....

The picture was taken pre-2013.

irishrebe wrote:

Yes. She appeared in person looking 5 years younger than she did in the picture. A common occurrence....

The picture was taken pre-2013.
    I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but I'm told all the time that I look younger in person than in photos. Last date I went on, I got ID'ed at the bar (and didn't have any, so ended up drinking sparkling water) and the guy came out and asked me if I'm actually the age I said I was. Very awkward. How old was that lady, out of interest?

I get the military men as well....even on Facebook get random messages from American soldiers. Wonder what happened that so many are widowers?

I always stick on a bit of snoop and fifty pence, dance around the kitchen and shake my booty while unloading the dishwasher and sing along using my own lyrics.

“I don’t know what you’ve heard about me, but you can’ t get a dollar out of me. All my diamonds and gold is for me, not for a motherf***ing P.I.M.P.”

anewme wrote: »
    I get the military men as well....even on Facebook get random messages from American soldiers. Wonder what happened that so many are widowers?

I always stick on a bit of snoop and fifty pence, dance around the kitchen and shake my booty while unloading the dishwasher and sing along using my own lyrics.

“I don’t know what you’ve heard about me, but you can’ t get a dollar out of me. All my diamonds and gold is for me, not for a motherf***ing P.I.M.P.”

Fifty pence! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Aalas, being 3 years married, all dating is a no-no for me and I should hope so for my wife too.

Fifty pence! :pac:

My Mum goes one better...she calls him ...you know yer man, The Fifty Pence Piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Nash Quick Sawhorse

Someone who listens to Ed Sheeran

Everyone else thought that too!

• Advertisement

Would you seriously discount someone because of their taste in music?

Who would they listen to that would have you thinking if marriage?

Captain Beefheart

If it's Ed Sheeran I think it's fair enough. Some things are just unforgivable.

Advertisement