Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mower not starting

Options
  • 28-04-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I took my ride on out yesterday and while it did one round of the garden, when I left it to empty the box, it wouldn't start again. The battery was fully charged up when I used it and now there is no sound at all when I turn the key. There is still a good spark from the battery when I briefly connect the terminals. Any ideas anybody please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Neither a borrower nor a lender be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

If the battery is charged and terminals are tight it’s a sensor. The fukrs are riddled with sensors.either the grass box sensor the foot brake sensor or the blades button or handle sensor.hope that helps. If you can’t start it take off grass box and there’s usually a switch or lever on the back to disengage drive and you can then push it to the shed easy.
    I’d put money on it that it’s a sensor though if it was previously fine.
    What’s the poster on about the borrowing or lending anyone know cos I’m fukd if I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

If the battery is charged and terminals are tight it’s a sensor. The fukrs are riddled with sensors.either the grass box sensor the foot brake sensor or the blades button or handle sensor.hope that helps. If you can’t start it take off grass box and there’s usually a switch or lever on the back to disengage drive and you can then push it to the shed easy.
    What’s the poster on about the borrowing or lending anyone know cos I’m fukd if I know.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of lawn mowers

Shakespeare;
    A dad's advice to his son.

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of lawn mowers

Shakespeare;
    A dad's advice to his son.

What am I missing here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What am I missing here?

OP edited after the borrower post so something may have been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Basically, ride ons are the same as power washers. Don't lend them to anyone

OP edited after the borrower post so something may have been removed.

Now I getya it was on a borrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭kilk

Hi DRG, Thanks for taking the time to reply. As it turned out, the problem was the battery connections. I took them off and cleaned them and it started first time. So the garden is shaved and the OH is happy and all is peaceful and rosy again! Thanks again for your advice, I learned something new from you.

kilk wrote: »
    Hi DRG, Thanks for taking the time to reply. As it turned out, the problem was the battery connections. I took them off and cleaned them and it started first time. So the garden is shaved and the OH is happy and all is peaceful and rosy again! Thanks again for your advice, I learned something new from you.

No bother kilk glad all worked out for you.

Advertisement