Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a decent blow dry in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-04-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Posting here out of sheer frustration. Can anybody recommend hairdressers in Dublin that do proper a blow dry? Im just after coming back from Peter Mark (i should have known not to go there in the first place) after getting my hair done and it's a mess. Now I do have a lot of hair, granted but if I'm paying an arm and a leg is it unreasonable to expect that they do it properly? Nine times out of ten I end I have to run a straightner over it when I get home.

The other issue is that I have a very sensitive scalp and i find a lot of stylists can be quite rough, I end up with a headache from all the pulling and dragging!! I have mentioned both issues before but come the next appointment it's the same issues again. Its come to the stage now where I dread going. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

I think it's down to the individual hairdresser. I get mine done in Peter Mark with a girl I've been going to for years. If she moved I'd go wherever she went. Also what works for some might not work for others.

In saying that though, I can PM you the name of my girl if you want it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I think it's down to the individual hairdresser. I get mine done in Peter Mark with a girl I've been going to for years. If she moved I'd go wherever she went. Also what works for some might not work for others.

In saying that though, I can PM you the name of my girl if you want it :)

To be honest I've never had a good experience with PM, and I've gone to several branches over the years. I only went recently as they were convenient to me but never again. I can get over the fact that they ( hair stylists in general) don't do it properly (despite paying so much) but the whole damned thing can be so unpleasant and sometimes you feel like a bit of a wally asking them to be a bit more gentle! For once I would like to not have the head pulled off me and have a swishy do at the end of it but that might be asking too much it would seem. The downside of having a lot of hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I actually really like Dry & Fly. I went to the Merrion Row Salon and had a girl called Alison and she was lovely! Was really happy with the finish. They have a look book of certain styles and you choose the blow dry you want. Prosecco and gin available too! I'd definitely recommend!

Advertisement