Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglers rest

Options
  • 28-04-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what they are doing at the anglers rest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 killardkaiser

Used to work there myself, so I've a bit of an interest in it as well. Previous owner tried to buy the pub, but it wasn't pulling in enough profit (especially during the winter months.) so he probably couldn't pay the mortgage and it was taken off him. It was then put on sale for €360k last year, so I guess it has been bought up, and redevelopments are taking place now, which are greatly needed since the place was a wreck, especially in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

I pass it every day on the way to and from work, and the place was looking pretty shabby and tired last time I was in there, food was only average as well. previously had a great rep for food. Place has good potential , plenty of parking , lovely area next to the river as well

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

I pass it every day on the way to and from work, and the place was looking pretty shabby and tired last time I was in there, food was only average as well. previously had a great rep for food. Place has good potential , plenty of parking , lovely area next to the river as well

From what I hear its the same person that has the Turners Cross Tavern, if that's the case I'd imagine food will be a big thing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Used to work there myself, so I've a bit of an interest in it as well. Previous owner tried to buy the pub, but it wasn't pulling in enough profit (especially during the winter months.) so he probably couldn't pay the mortgage and it was taken off him. It was then put on sale for €360k last year, so I guess it has been bought up, and redevelopments are taking place now, which are greatly needed since the place was a wreck, especially in the back.

It was for sale for 680k. And yes I believe it's the Turners Cross Tavern people. Place is being gutted and completely redesigned by a crowd Paul Haffey Designs. His stuff is very modern high end style so it will indeed be a big change from wat it was

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

I wish them well. 👍

But to be successful, its need good food rather than pints n this day & age.

Lovely location for a relaxing evening.

Bramely lodge too is a success story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Tom44 wrote: »
    I wish them well. 👍

But to be successful, its need good food rather than pints n this day & age.

Lovely location for a relaxing evening.

Bramely lodge too is a success story.

Agree 100%. Make it a food destination where the product is exceptional. People will travel and go out of their way for it then. Alcohol sales will follow as a result and you'll get parties / functions too.

Advertisement