Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - received a suspected fake prtb letter

Options
  • 28-04-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey this is my fist time using boards but I was hoping someone could help me. A friend of mine recently recieved what seemed to be a fake letter from the prtb.There was no reason for them to recieve this letter as they have just built a house that they will not be renting.There was no address or appropriate ending.My friend was very worried and confused as to what they should do, we are afraid it could be someone who we know is trying to upset or scare them.I dont know if anyone here has had any experience with something like this but if anyone knows what to do please help us asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

Lizzie9876 wrote: »
    Hey this is my fist time using boards but I was hoping someone could help me. A friend of mine recently recieved what seemed to be a fake letter from the prtb.There was no reason for them to recieve this letter as they have just built a house that they will not be renting.There was no address or appropriate ending.My friend was very worried and confused as to what they should do, we are afraid it could be someone who we know is trying to upset or scare them.I dont know if anyone here has had any experience with something like this but if anyone knows what to do please help us asap.

Ummm... Why not just contact the PTRB to verify if it is a legit letter?! You say there's nothing to hide so just do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lizzie9876

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Somethings not right here lol
    If all is above board then call them and that’s it
    Yes something really isnt right! We contacted the prtb and it is a fake....so we are a bit worried as to why someone would send it to us.So thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Yes something really isnt right! We contacted the prtb and it is a fake....so we are a bit worried as to why someone would send it to us.So thanks for your help

If it’s fake cover the address and name and stick it up so we can see it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Somethings not right here lol
    If all is above board then call them and that’s it

So its not a friend that received it ,it was you. What it say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lizzie9876

Tigger wrote: »

I dont have it my friend who received it does but as soon as I see them again I will post it up here and show thanks for your reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Tigger wrote: »

I dont have it my friend who received it does but as soon as I see them again I will post it up here and show thanks for your reply

But its you that the letter was sent to. The friend doesnt exist !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭dubrov

But its you that the letter was sent to. The friend doesnt exist !

Does it matter?
    Why labour the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

This is all a bit odd... The PTRB offices are closed on Saturdays and Sundays so it would not have been possible to contact them yet.

???!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Subtle wrote:
    This is all a bit odd... The PTRB offices are closed on Saturdays and Sundays so it would not have been possible to contact them yet.

And first thing you do is open an account on boards.ie to tell everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ah come on lads just see how this plays out.

Post a pic when you get a chance op.

• Advertisement
Advertisement