Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackhorse Avenue, Navan Rd: Nice place to live?

Options
  • 28-04-2018 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone, can anyone let me know if they have any experience in living on or near Blackhorse avenue, Navan rd? Is it nice / quiet / safe / suitable for two professionals with a baby? Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

You'll get mixed opinions no matter what. Horror stories that are over the top or people who find it 'grand' but have different expectations/standards of what's grand than you do. Same can be said of any area.

My advice would be to drive around on a Saturday night and see who's hanging around. Same again on a midweek night.

At the end of the day you can live in the most desirable area and have the next door neighbour from hell, or vice versa. Once you close your front door at night and have your own privacy between your 4 walls, does it really matter what the area's like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Cash_Q wrote:
    Once you close your front door at night and have your own privacy between your 4 walls, does it really matter what the area's like?

Eh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublinmrs

Hello thanks for taking some time to revert however your feedback seems quite general? I am looking for specifics on Blackhorse avenue as i am not familiar with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Thread title makes me think of this for some reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I lived in Darling Estate for a year and I found it lovely. Had no problems whatsoever. I loved having the park next door and it was on a lot of bus routes into town. Neighbours were very quiet and of the older variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭mattser

Go for it. I live elsewhere, but have worked the area for 40 years.

Convenient to town, park, hospitals, and everything else you could ask.

Very friendly community. I's sure you're onto a winner.

Good luck with the move, whatever.

( P.S. PM if you want any more info on the area.)

I have lived here for the past 2 years & hopefully I will continue to.
    It's a long road though & there are differences between the 2 ends, but I'm sure you can see that by prices.
    The road itself is great, close to town & right beside the park, close to m50.
    Can't help with schools or kiddie things I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Grew up just off Black horse Ave. Villa Park to be precise. Moved out in my twenties. If given the opportunity to go back living there...would I go?
    In a heartbeat 'Yes'.
    That should tell you all you need to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Like people have said, depends on where abouts. Can you give an idea where on Black horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublinmrs

Sorry i should of said the area i am looking at is close to regal park side of things? Still Blackhorse avenue but just off the main road. Any game changers? Thanks all :)

• Advertisement

Regal park is nice.
    I guess regal park away from town would be considered better then regal park towards town. If you know what I mean.
    If you are on blackhorse are itself, I wouldn't expect any problems. Can sometimes be noisy, roadworks must be finished by now!

Advertisement