Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden shed orientation

Options
  • 28-04-2018 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi.

I am wondering can somebody share what pros and cons of "Gable on the short side" VS "Gable on the long side" sheds orientation? Shed will be used mainly for storing bicycles and as a small workshop, also for storing few garden tools.
    Because of backgarden orientation it seems "Gable on the long side" almost won't obstruct area from the sun, while another orientation will but not significantly. I didn't have any sheds before so probably there is some hidden nuances about which I don't know.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You put them up to fit the space but with bike storage you really want to make in and out of the door as easy as possible.

Other points to consider are the wind and weather, is the prevailing wind with rain going to blow directly in an open door or even the wind blow the shed over (can be a big consideration for smaller sheds), and are you going to make a track across the lawn to get to the shed. Then if there are windows where is the light coming from (your best off putting in your own windows as the ones you get with most bought sheds are rubbish.

Advertisement