Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glaslinn, Donabate

Options
  • 28-04-2018 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone here interested in this estate, we're interested in the Type D 4 bed.

Anyone any positive/negative opinions on the estate overall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 meganparsons

Hi There,
    My partner and I are purchasing one of the 3 beds in Glaslinn.
    Do you go ahead with it? or have you gone with another property?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

I live behind that estate, and it should be quite nice when it's finished. I don't know about the houses themselves though - they look a bit skinny from the outside, but it's impossible to tell. Obviously you'd have looked at it before buying anyway.
    We're hoping to move house at the minute (just posted another thread), but it's nothing to do with the estate coming in. Donabate is a great town (we're staying in the town, just moving somewhere else) and it's a good place to live.
    The location of Glaslinn is good, and the amenities nearby are excellent. But I can't speak for the size or build quality of the houses for the price they're asking at the minute.

they do look a bit odd from the outside alright, but they are beautiful once you get inside and have a look, and very big, finnished very nicley also.
    my partners parents live in donabate, so we are up there quite often, hes also a member of the tennis club there too, we love it up there, our houses completion date is in December, so looking at moving in in the new year. we looked at other developments in donabate, but price,location,size and finish wise glaslinn is the one for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

We live down the road and took a look at the show houses out of nosiness. I thought the finish was actually quite poor considering the price level (built-in units with sub-IKEA quality wardrobe doors, fitted shelves in the sitting room marked "display only - not included in price", ugly tiles in the bathroom, cheap looking kitchen units etc.) and the lack of options to make changes to these or the kitchen would have put me right off.

The estate is in a good location though, the peninsula is a great place to live.

I have to disagree with you there, price wise compared to other properties in the the area well for the 3 bed anyway, and for the location, which i guess is what your paying for here, the other new build estates in the area are much further outside the village.
    we thought, the units and wardrobes where quite nice, i definitely wouldn't class them as sub IKEA, and i guess the tiles are just my taste, i loved the way the unites in the kitchen are set up as well, but look we all have different opinions/tastes on these kind of things i guess. I found that the house had a real modern and roomy feel to it. The fitted shelves, did annoy me alright, really have to agree with you there!! but we are having them built in, as i fell in love with them, which i guess is the point, to make more money, just call me a sucker lol.
    Its one of those properties, that wont appeal to everyone, will depend on your taste and what your looking for. Id definitely advice going to view the show house first, however i am lead to believe that the development is fully sold now.
    I have to agree that the price of the 4 beds is a lot, compared to what else is available in the local area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Hi There,
    My partner and I are purchasing one of the 3 beds in Glaslinn.
    Do you go ahead with it? or have you gone with another property?

We have a booking deposit on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

mad_iguana wrote: »
    I live behind that estate, and it should be quite nice when it's finished. I don't know about the houses themselves though - they look a bit skinny from the outside, but it's impossible to tell. Obviously you'd have looked at it before buying anyway.
    We're hoping to move house at the minute (just posted another thread), but it's nothing to do with the estate coming in. Donabate is a great town (we're staying in the town, just moving somewhere else) and it's a good place to live.
    The location of Glaslinn is good, and the amenities nearby are excellent. But I can't speak for the size or build quality of the houses for the price they're asking at the minute.

Longtime Donabate resident myself, very happy to be so. We just need more space than where we live at the mo.

Also aware that there was some local disgruntlement from some of the neighbouring estates and I suppose that's understandable to some degree if one was living adjacent. I don't know some people are still browned off though.

We also have a booking deposit paid, so looks like we might be neighbors.
    Yes we are aware of the disgruntlement also, and i do understand where it is coming from, but still excited for December/January when we can move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 guiterman

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone went ahead with purchase and moved into the estate. Viewed a house this weekend which we both quite like (Doesn't happen often!) Just wondeing if ther are any positives or negatives you've notices. We are a young famil so schools so close is a plus.

Thanks

Hi There,
    Megan here from Number 6. I presume you viewed no 5, as I know our neighbors are selling. We are there about a year and a half now, and very happy, my self and my fiancé but no kids just yet.
    All the neighbors are lovely, especially in the front row. There is a residents Facebook and WhatsApp group.
    The only thing that annoys me a bit is in the summer when In the master bedroom, you can hear the teenagers on the main road, they don’t stay around just walking past. Other than that we love it!
    No kids just yet, so I can’t really advise on that part, but plenty of things to do with kids around!

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 guiterman

Thanks alot very helpful, sent a PM.

Advertisement